homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Remembering 9/11

I'm suprised a thread on this hasn't popped up already. There are a couple about the book burning, but none about just remembering and respecting this tragic and equally eye-opening event. I think we all need to take time out on this forum to just sit back and remember, because as a British person, being so far away I never truly appreciated how horrendous it was. I mean I knew it was bad, but it's only been recently where I've thought 'shit, a lot of innocent people died that day, because of someone else's opinion'.

This thread isn't about conspiracy theories, I don't believe them myself and whether it was terrorists or the government, people died and we should respect that. We shouldn't miss the point and play a guessing game.

I hope this thread doesn't get closed, I don't see why. If there is another thread relevent to this that I missed, just merge them. I feel I made a valid point.

So yeah, my heart goes out to the families and victims of this event. And to the people behind it, whoever you are, you're ....ing retards and I hope you take your guilt to the grave (unless you're already dead, in which case say hi to the flying spaghetti monster for me).

R.I.P
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Banned

orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Agreed and well said!
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
Baby seal will destr

ILuvPillows is a jewel in the rough
Yeah i think that there was/is so much emphasis on the religious motives/ conspiracy theories that sometimes people (including myself) forget about the actual human life lost back then. Both Christian, Muslim aswell as Athiest. It's definately a dark day in human history that IMO is being remembered for the wrong reasons. To me it's not a case that Terrorism became a serious threat and concern that day but more that the incident itself shows how we as a United world failed to avoid such a thing from happening by being unable to tolerate alternative belief and lifestyle.

(I even think the whole case of "Terrorism" is shown in the wrong light. Terrorists aren't simply 2 dimensional evil people who want to hurt and kill everything, they truly believe that they are doing the right thing and are good. It's saddening that we won't ever stop terrorism until this has been set straight in peoples mind, the changes that have to be made are within everyone's respect for one another, not by brute force. Altough i guess this belongs in a different thread)
ILuvPillows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 102 reviews
I do, of course, offer my respect for the tragedy of that day. However, it is not a matter of remembering as we've not been given anything but constant reminders since that day.. in the states, that is.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvPillows View Post
Yeah i think that there was/is so much emphasis on the religious motives/ conspiracy theories that sometimes people (including myself) forget about the actual human life lost back then. Both Christian, Muslim aswell as Athiest. It's definately a dark day in human history that IMO is being remembered for the wrong reasons. To me it's not a case that Terrorism became a serious threat and concern that day but more that the incident itself shows how we as a United world failed to avoid such a thing from happening by being unable to tolerate alternative belief and lifestyle.

(I even think the whole case of "Terrorism" is shown in the wrong light. Terrorists aren't simply 2 dimensional evil people who want to hurt and kill everything, they truly believe that they are doing the right thing and are good. It's saddening that we won't ever stop terrorism until this has been set straight in peoples mind, the changes that have to be made are within everyone's respect for one another, not by brute force. Altough i guess this belongs in a different thread)
Valid points, but I don't think it's down to the Western community not tolerating the Muslim religion. If anything, that has been caused by this event. The main cause of 9/11 is down to the governments not handling conflicts in the Middle East effectively, and just leaving them to it. A lot of hate has built up there, and combined with a very religiously fearful community, that is a volatile combination.

But yeah, lets not go on about it here because everyone has their own opinion on how, why and what happened and to be honest it doesn't change the fact that injustice has and is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
I do, of course, offer my respect for the tragedy of that day. However, it is not a matter of remembering as we've not been given anything but constant reminders since that day.. in the states, that is.

I can imagine man, obviously over here we had our opwn terrorist attack and we were more effected by that, but even then we don't pay it as much attention as we should. The British public moved on far too quickly. It is good you guys get reminded by it, because becoming as numb and disrespectful as we are is nto a good thing.
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #6

chaosxcomplex is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
This.

http://soundclick.com/joshbellaire

"Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun."

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

"In order to argue you need to make a point, and so far yours have been about as sharp and focused as the average pillow." -JBroll

"Seven strings are freakin' sweet. It's like having sex for the first time without a condom: You wonder why the hell you never tried it before, and how you'll ever go back." -EcoliUVA
chaosxcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Seconded.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
ss.org Regular

Homebrew1709 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I still remember sitting in class in high school when the teacher explained to us what was going on. I couldn't really grasp the severity of the situation until I got home and saw the scenes live on CNN. I think I've gained better perspective since I've grown older. And I often wonder how it compares to what folks went through during and after Pearl Harbor. It still fascinates me to watch interviews and hear stories from people who survived or were directly involved with the rescues at the WTC and Pentagon.

I had been to the top of the WTC with my family and it still makes my stomach turn when I see the footage of the Towers falling...

My heart is always heavy for the families and victims, especially today...
Homebrew1709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #9
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
i think its genuinely ....ed up how 9/11 has basically been this podium for idiots to get noticed. As a New Yorker, you are never far from someone who has lost someone in the attack. What seems to get downplayed are the heroes that gave their lives and the people who died terrified.

I take a moment to remember what that day looked like and ill never forget where and what i was doing that day at that time.

what ive seen on TV and in the news is insulting. Book burnings, hypocrites, idiots with megaphones etc...

to them, i say:
show some ....ing respect and close your mouth for a moment and think about someone else, instead of how you can get your 15 mins of fame to last a little longer.

sorry if anyone is offended...but its 9/11 and thats my home.

edit:
can i just add that i hate it when the Discovery Channel plays clips of the towers falling for their "Destroyed in Seconds" show....literally they showing thousands of people dying.
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #10
Appreciates Kwolity

ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.ZeroSignal shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I want to extend my condolences to all those affected by the tragedy. It is a truly shocking event that should never be forgotten.

I would also like to share my disappointment in how many of the more extremist elements in America, including the government, has adopted the 11th of September attacks as a carte blanche to do whatever they will across the world with impunity in the name of The War On Terror. This is a corruption of what the original event was: a tragedy and a symbol of the heroism of strangers (as your president said this morning, of all faiths and skin colour). Not the symbol of superiority and xenophobia as it has been paraded by the extremists under the guise of "patriotism". This should be an event which brings people together across the world, not tear us apart.

R.I.P.
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
Geek-chic

liamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to all
I was in New York a couple of weeks ago.
We saw the memorials, truly emotional
liamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
ss.org Regular

mmr007 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Exactly....I don't mean this to sound callous and coldhearted but the 3000 lives lost pale in comparison to the 9000 lost every year due to hand guns not just in 2001. The lives lost were sad but unfortunately in the states I hear about it every day and it has been used for political or monetary gain

for example, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck have organized a get together for remembering those lost on 9/11....tickets are available at Ticketmaster ....I kid you not

I would be more more receptive to "remembering" if the message wasn't mutated into "remember to hate" We can't blame muslims for 9/11 anymore than we can blame christians for church bombings or abortion clinic bombings.....9/11 was an attack against or governments foreign policies, just like oklahoma city was an attack against our governments domestic policies (ie waco, ruby ridge etc...)

If al qaeda represents all muslims then the KKK represents all christians but we all know that is hogwash. So if we turn 9/11 back into a true rememberence and do it solely because lives were lost I'll take part, but unfortunately it has morphed and resembled a wake where all parties involved are only interested in the will and what they inherit and it is crass

I mostly come out at night....mostly
mmr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
RIP
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #14
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalgrey View Post
i think its genuinely ....ed up how 9/11 has basically been this podium for idiots to get noticed. As a New Yorker, you are never far from someone who has lost someone in the attack. What seems to get downplayed are the heroes that gave their lives and the people who died terrified.

I take a moment to remember what that day looked like and ill never forget where and what i was doing that day at that time.

what ive seen on TV and in the news is insulting. Book burnings, hypocrites, idiots with megaphones etc...

to them, i say:
show some ....ing respect and close your mouth for a moment and think about someone else, instead of how you can get your 15 mins of fame to last a little longer.

sorry if anyone is offended...but its 9/11 and thats my home.

edit:
can i just add that i hate it when the Discovery Channel plays clips of the towers falling for their "Destroyed in Seconds" show....literally they showing thousands of people dying.
Agreed on all points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr007 View Post
Exactly....I don't mean this to sound callous and coldhearted but the 3000 lives lost pale in comparison to the 9000 lost every year due to hand guns not just in 2001. The lives lost were sad but unfortunately in the states I hear about it every day and it has been used for political or monetary gain

for example, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck have organized a get together for remembering those lost on 9/11....tickets are available at Ticketmaster ....I kid you not

I would be more more receptive to "remembering" if the message wasn't mutated into "remember to hate" We can't blame muslims for 9/11 anymore than we can blame christians for church bombings or abortion clinic bombings.....9/11 was an attack against or governments foreign policies, just like oklahoma city was an attack against our governments domestic policies (ie waco, ruby ridge etc...)

If al qaeda represents all muslims then the KKK represents all christians but we all know that is hogwash. So if we turn 9/11 back into a true rememberence and do it solely because lives were lost I'll take part, but unfortunately it has morphed and resembled a wake where all parties involved are only interested in the will and what they inherit and it is crass
We're not playing the comparison game here, and lots of people die every year from all sorts of things. Death isn't nice, but the historical importance of the event, and the place it occurred make it a bit different.

That Palin/Beck thing is so hypocritical, especially since Glen Beck says he hates the families of the 9/11 victims for being in the media a lot.

As for blaming all Muslims, lets not start on that road. I never brought that up and I think it's safe to assume we all know those nutcases are in the minority.

But yeah, lets not get caught up in all that shit.