homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Politics & Current Events
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Politics & Current Events Discussion on political views, the war and world events here. Strictly moderated forum, so use your better judgement when posting.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #26
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 6,987
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb451 View Post
Well the opposite generalization could be said as well - everyone regards him as a genius

Look, obviously Fox News has its own brand of spin. That's a given. Did any of you actually read the article, let alone beyond the fact that it's on Fox News' website and think you were going to get some glowing praise for Obama? Or some actual "fair and balanced" reporting????

Personally I don't care what Obama spends his time on, on Memorial Day. I don't like him though and if that means I'm a "Fox News loving, Right-wing parrot" and that's the scope and depth of your (in the general sense) analysis on opposing view points then I think in the long run you'll find that it's YOU that has problems.

Point being, not everyone has to love everything the guy does. And conversely, not everyone has to hate him for no reason or because Fox News tells you, you should. In my opinion, somewhere between being an apple polishing sycophant for him and being a card carrying Klan member, sits people like myself who've yet to see a whole lot of difference between him and any other president that's sucked at their job. And yes that means W, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, etc.
Agreed, sir. Although, I don't dislike him as a man - I actually rather like him simply as Barack Obama... but just because I like Peaches doesn't mean I want them in my tomato soup. On the other hand, I think some good things might be coming from his putting the foot down on the banks. We'll see. Regardless, it has nothing to do with this story, but I basically 'ed over the folks here saying "this makes my stomach churn". Come on now - who gives a .... about this, really?
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on SevenString.org
   
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:38 AM   #27
ss.org Regular
 
Homebrew1709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 200
Thanked: 5
Homebrew1709 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Maybe he's just trying to give VP Biden a quick moment in the sun!
Homebrew1709 is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #28
Guitar Popcicle
 
AK DRAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 17
AK DRAGON is just really niceAK DRAGON is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Flame me all you want, I don't care.
I said what I said for a reason.

I think it's shameful that he is forgetting his duty to our national hero's buried in Arlington (I would make the same comment to ANY sitting President).
AK DRAGON is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #29
Banned
 
orb451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LV426
Posts: 1,943
Thanked: 98
orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Wow, all of them, eh? I don't think we'll ever see a "perfect President" since perspectives are always going to be very different from person to person and you can't make everybody happy.

Everybody's obviously entitled to their own take on things but for myself, I lowered my expectations for what I expect to see from somebody and stick by just a few core values. I actually didn't hate Clinton or H.W.
Just that I'm not necessarily impressed with any of the past presidents. In my opinion they've all had their moments (good and bad). I don't believe in lowering my expectations because of past performance. Like gambling, future results can not, and should not be measured, by past outcomes. I think the same is true of the presidency. In my mind, every new guy on the job gets a blank slate. And in my mind, Obama hasn't done much to make me think he's as gifted as some would have us believe. If you don't see the spin from the other side, the constant fawning over him and everything he does, though to be fair it's not as in your face as it was a few months ago, then I'm sorry but you're blind.

Now, contrary to what you or others may think, my mind is still open to the guy. If he starts doing things that I happen to consider meaningful change, then I'd be happy to support him. I just don't believe in drinking the Kool-Aid from EITHER camp, just for the sake of going with the flow.

And Adam, I agree, this is a non-story. Who gives a rats ass? If the guy on Memorial Day, decided to go take a piss on the grave of the unknown soldier or something along those lines, then yeah, I'd say that's pretty awful. Short of that... get on with life, there's bigger things going on in the world at the moment to be giving a shit about this. But again, that's just Fox News doing what Fox News does. How anyone could be surprised by that boggles my mind.
orb451 is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #30
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 6,987
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK DRAGON View Post
Flame me all you want, I don't care.
I said what I said for a reason.

I think it's shameful that he is forgetting his duty to our national hero's buried in Arlington (I would make the same comment to ANY sitting President).
They're dead, yo. They don't give a .... - neither do I. Let's worry about the planet and LIVE people that are suffering from the things going on today.
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 05-31-2010, 12:32 PM   #31
Seven String Samurai
 
fretninjadave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: El Paso tx
Posts: 782
Thanked: 25
fretninjadave is a glorious beacon of lightfretninjadave is a glorious beacon of lightfretninjadave is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
aside from the fact that you said "sheeple" (reminds me of the goth/emo crowd calling anyone who isnīt following their specific style sheeple), i agree.

If I had known that before I would never have wrote it.
fretninjadave is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #32
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 39
Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
Oh yeah because everybody regards him as an idiot.


Oh and .... war, and .... the military.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
Agreed, sir. Although, I don't dislike him as a man - I actually rather like him simply as Barack Obama... but just because I like Peaches doesn't mean I want them in my tomato soup. On the other hand, I think some good things might be coming from his putting the foot down on the banks. We'll see. Regardless, it has nothing to do with this story, but I basically 'ed over the folks here saying "this makes my stomach churn". Come on now - who gives a .... about this, really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
They're dead, yo. They don't give a .... - neither do I. Let's worry about the planet and LIVE people that are suffering from the things going on today.
Well I, for one, give a "...." and respect those who serve our country, and you wouldn't be sitting in the comfort of your home strumming 20 high end guitars in front of a computer without them. Perhaps if every other word in your argument is "....," you should refrain from sharing your overwhelmingly intellectually stimulating political views with others, as it just makes you look like a giant ignorant jackass. Surely you can come up with something more intelligible to say than "I ....in' don't want ....in' peaches in my ....in' tomato ....in' soup."



Oh yea, and I think the families of all those brave service men and women buried in Arlington may also "give a ....."
Eric is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #33
Hates the Air
 
Metal Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,822
Thanked: 82
Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Well I, for one, give a "...." and respect those who serve our country, and you wouldn't be sitting in the comfort of your home strumming 20 high end guitars in front of a computer without them. Perhaps if every other word in your argument is "....," you should refrain from sharing your overwhelmingly intellectually stimulating political views with others, as it just makes you look like a giant ignorant jackass. Surely you can come up with something more intelligible to say that "I ....in' don't want ....in' peaches in my ....in' tomato ....in' soup."



Oh yea, and I think the families of all those brave service men and women buried in Arlington may also "give a ....."
Nothing like using someone's choice of adjectives to try and descredit their whole argument. Awesome. Ad Hominem logical fallacies totally drive home the point.

Look, EVERY President, except one has missed a memorial day service at least once. He's going to another VA cemetary, and he's spending time with his family. How much more memorial day can you get?
I realize its bad PR, considering people are still flipping out over a bunch of other trivial crap like the birthers and whatnot, but it is what it is. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing, and to try to spin it like he's the first president to skip a memorial day at Arlington is just foolish.

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #34
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 6,987
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Well I, for one, give a "...." and respect those who serve our country, and you wouldn't be sitting in the comfort of your home strumming 20 high end guitars in front of a computer without them. Perhaps if every other word in your argument is "....," you should refrain from sharing your overwhelmingly intellectually stimulating political views with others, as it just makes you look like a giant ignorant jackass. Surely you can come up with something more intelligible to say that "I ....in' don't want ....in' peaches in my ....in' tomato ....in' soup."



Oh yea, and I think the families of all those brave service men and women buried in Arlington may also "give a ....."


Well, that's not how I said it - you even quoted it after all. It was obviously a metaphor, and I won't insult you by assuming that you didn't catch that.

Anyway - sure, in the past we've had our freedom protected by our soldiers at war, but the wars that America is involved in today aren't ensuring that my freedom is kept in tact. In fact, its arguable as to whether or not an American war has ever been necessary (in so far as the preservation of freedom is concerned) beyond the American Revolution and, maybe, the Civil War. There's literally no reason to even go into that, but the fact of the matter is that I don't and never will stand for violence, no matter what's at stake. I don't want to hear that our boys are currently dying to protect us from terrorism because they're not.

Aside from that, this discussion still has nothing to do with what YOU or I think about our fallen soldiers, but has everything to do with in what way our President paid his respect to them this Memorial Day. He did pay his respect, and that's that. If he didn't, I wouldn't give a ..... Nothing wrong with using profanity, even if distasteful at times, and whether or not your emotional outburst can be avoided by my choice of words is another matter I give no .... about. If you want to tell us that you support and respect our fallen "heroes", then go ahead and do so, but its not my fault that not everybody agrees.
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 05-31-2010, 02:49 PM   #35
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 39
Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
Nothing like using someone's choice of adjectives to try and descredit their whole argument. Awesome. Ad Hominem logical fallacies totally drive home the point.

Look, EVERY President, except one has missed a memorial day service at least once. He's going to another VA cemetary, and he's spending time with his family. How much more memorial day can you get?
I realize its bad PR, considering people are still flipping out over a bunch of other trivial crap like the birthers and whatnot, but it is what it is. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing, and to try to spin it like he's the first president to skip a memorial day at Arlington is just foolish.
Interesting... So since we're using our college educations to evaluate the validity of each others' arguments, if you can show me one place in this thread where either I or the article "spun it like he's the first president to skip Memorial Day at Arlington" your argument may establish some sense of credibility. I know he's not the first and I know he wont be the last. I just think that as Commander in Chief of the military it sort of becomes an important event on the annual calendar. I don't like it that Obama did it, just as I don't like it that Bush did it.

Oh yea... and in the sentence "I don't give a ....," "...." is a noun... Ask for your money back.
Eric is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #36
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 6,987
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
Besides, his not being at Arlington is simply a matter of him not following tradition. He still paid his respect. If people are "sickened" by our president not following tradition, then God help us.
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 05-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #37
Hates the Air
 
Metal Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,822
Thanked: 82
Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Interesting... So since we're using our college educations to evaluate the validity of each others' arguments, if you can show me one place in this thread where either I or the article "spun it like he's the first president to skip Memorial Day at Arlington" your argument may establish some sense of credibility. I know he's not the first and I know he wont be the last. I just think that as Commander in Chief of the military it sort of becomes an important event on the annual calendar. I don't like it that Obama did it, just as I don't like it that Bush did it.
I realize you don't like having your shit called out, but lets read my post again:
First, I said there was nothing wrong with what he did.

Second, maybe I wasn't clear with what I meant, if you're gonna argue semantics and implications, where did I say you said that? You're acting like this whole go-to-chicago-thing is some big-ass revelation. "Holy shit, he missed memorial day!" --like this is a completely unique travesty of the Obama administration, so is everyone else who's making a big deal about it. He didn't miss it. He did something else, and went to a different cemetery closer to his home, a VA Cemetery in Illinois.

And ,if you want to bring up the article, it makes no mention of the fact that this has happened with just about every other president. Its selectively leaving off that info, and we're stuck with people reading it and acting like its a big deal.

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #38
SS.org Regular
 
splinter8451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,888
Thanked: 13
splinter8451 is just really nicesplinter8451 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ZOMG OBama went to a different cemetery on MEMORIAL DAY





Someone find the thread where we argued about this when Bush skipped Memorial Day

I doubt there even was one. Everyone gets on Obama's shit for everything is it cause he's black? Cause he is a democrat? Cause people are always looking for something to freak out over is more like it

I cannot believe it figuratively (Im really hoping not literally) sickened people that he would break tradition and go to another cemetery today. It really should not be that big of a deal. The VP was there, that's good enough. It's not like there were a thousand people standing around the cemetery with no person to give a speech and lay flowers on the unknown soldier

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
splinter8451 is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #39
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 39
Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
I realize you don't like having your shit called out, but lets read my post again:
First, I said there was nothing wrong with what he did.

Second, maybe I wasn't clear with what I meant, if you're gonna argue semantics and implications, where did I say you said that? You're acting like this whole go-to-chicago-thing is some big-ass revelation. "Holy shit, he missed memorial day!" --like this is a completely unique travesty of the Obama administration, so is everyone else who's making a big deal about it. He didn't miss it. He did something else, and went to a different cemetery closer to his home, a VA Cemetery in Illinois.

And ,if you want to bring up the article, it makes no mention of the fact that this has happened with just about every other president. Its selectively leaving off that info, and we're stuck with people reading it and acting like its a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ARTICLE View Post
The Arlington visit is a fairly recent tradition. Former President Ronald Reagan attended four of them in his eight years in office, while former President George H.W. Bush sent Vice President Dan Quayle to every one. Former President Bill Clinton, though, attended every year and George W. Bush missed only one, in 2002, when he was in Normandy, France, visiting the American cemetery.
I realize you don't like "having your shit called out" (like when you try to sound intelligent and call nouns adjectives) but there's a quote from the article that you may have "selectively" left out of your last post. Try reading it first...
Eric is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #40
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 6,987
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
I'm pretty sure you're just bitter for little to no reason and arguing for the sake of it. In any case, I'm not amused by this thread any longer.
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 05-31-2010, 04:06 PM   #41
SDMF, mofos
 
Aurochs34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 447
Thanked: 5
Aurochs34 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I realize you don't like "having your shit called out" (like when you try to sound intelligent and call nouns adjectives) but there's a quote from the article that you may have "selectively" left out of your last post. Try reading it first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
"I ....in' don't want ....in' peaches in my ....in' tomato ....in' soup."

Oh yea, and I think the families of all those brave service men and women buried in Arlington may also "give a ....."
I'm just gonna jump in here for one very brief moment and no longer--because frankly this whole thing is ball-shrivellingly ridiculous--to suggest we not get into an intellectual dick-measuring contest, here...
Unfortunately, one may note "...." (with all its grammatical possibilities...such a great, versatile word) is used in a couple different ways, above...not just as a noun.

That's it. Peace out. Go make some sausages and properly pay your respects.
...or cook something else if you don't eat meat. I don't know what, but make it tasty.

"The Beard laughed, a sad laugh, it was the sound of birds being scrunched under foot."
Aurochs34 is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #42
Hej
 
theperfectcell6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isla Vista, California
Posts: 447
Thanked: 6
theperfectcell6 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fox news should be paying their respects rather than spending their time criticizing Obama. They shouldn't even be a news source. Everything is always negative towards the president, or anything else that leans away from the right. Buncha shitttttt.
theperfectcell6 is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #43
He seldomly knows...
 
Explorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Posts: 4,249
Thanked: 56
Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So, what did I learn?

I learned that Obama did celebrate Memorial Day at a National Cemetery.

I learned that a lot of people were outraged and sickened by something which turned out to be untrue.

I also learned that a lot of people didn't retract what they said upon that proving to be untrue.

Okay, so the thread title is a lie, and bears false witness. Is anyone sickened or outraged by that?

Just curious!

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #44
Loves his Q-tuners
 
Cheesebuiscut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,058
Thanked: 44
Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm outraged by the fact that people think it freaking matters...

Theres a big difference between not doing some cheesy ass ceremony that accomplishes absolutely nothing and wastes his time (for the sake of the publics ego) and people acting like he said *LOL .... THE TROOPS NOOBS GOT PWNED*.

People need to get the holiday sticks out of their asses and be realistic for once. Today Isn't any more meaningful than yesterday, tomorrow, 3 weeks from now, etc.

Also the news article even said that he goes on vacation and doesn't get to actually do any vacationing because all his time gets wrapped up in bull... so its not like he even gets a moment anyway on his "vacation"...
Cheesebuiscut is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #45
Huge nerd
 
RenegadeDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 1,569
Thanked: 75
RenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I don't think it was very prudent of him to miss the ceremony, all things considered.

The thing that got me the most from that article was the "second vacation since the BP oil spill" part.

He just gave detractors a big chance to paint him as unpatriotic and further anti-military/troops/whatever. Not a big deal that he missed the ceremony, but not a decision I would have made were I in his place.

"No it doesn't surprise me you know origami. You know origami and play speed metal on 7 string guitars."

- my former boss
RenegadeDave is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #46
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 6,987
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
^Agreed, Cheese, that's what I'm saying here... but the funny part is, he didn't even ignore the ceremony - he DID waste his time.
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 05-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #47
Hates the Air
 
Metal Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,822
Thanked: 82
Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I realize you don't like "having your shit called out" (like when you try to sound intelligent and call nouns adjectives) but there's a quote from the article that you may have "selectively" left out of your last post. Try reading it first...
Who's trying to turn this into an intellectual pissing contest besides you? You're telling people their arguments don't matter cause they have "...." in them, so I called you out on it. Then you try to sound all high and mighty.

The title of the thread is a blatant lie, the article is clearly biased, and you're being a prick about the whole thing.

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 06:58 PM   #48
The GAS Man
 
Adam Of Angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA
Posts: 6,987
Thanked: 109
Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
Oh and to the guy that neg rep'ed me saying ".... the military? I guess you don't realize how different your life would be without them--and not for the better." - Care to share this with me? How would my life be? I'm well versed in history, especially American history and I will NOT back down from my stance on the military. Did you ever stop to think that its beneficial to the military to support your view point in every way possible? Maybe its somewhat inflated given how much power the military has? Perhaps you only take this stance because you've had a necessity to "support the troops" force fed to you your whole life? I respect our fallen "heroes" where due, but I'm afraid most American military endeavors don't have my respect owed to them. I won't condemn you for feeling differently, so drop it.
Adam Of Angels is online now  
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #49
Lord Super Awesome
 
Shannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,313
Thanked: 153
Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.Shannon won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Obama is going to the national cemetary in IL. So, he's breaking tradition, but so what? As a veteran, I say maybe our country NEEDS some rule breaking because the typical political traditions haven't been working for 30 years now.

Anyway, he's still paying his respects by going to a national cemetary, which is more than a majority of Americans are doing today. Sadly, most are looking at today as a free day off work & an excuse to grill out.

And lastly, consider the source of this thread. Fox News will ALWAYS spin the story to the extreme right.
Shannon is offline  
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #50
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 39
Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
Who's trying to turn this into an intellectual pissing contest besides you? You're telling people their arguments don't matter cause they have "...." in them, so I called you out on it. Then you try to sound all high and mighty.

The title of the thread is a blatant lie, the article is clearly biased, and you're being a prick about the whole thing.
I'm a prick for thinking the president should be at Arlington instead of a Blackhawks game, having a distaste for people who use "...." as every other word, and disagreeing with you...

Eric is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.