homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Pickups, Electronics & General Tech
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Pickups, Electronics & General Tech Pickup selection, wiring, technical questions & other guitar hardware discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
SS.org-er

caughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ES335 Pickup Upgrade

Hi guys,

Well, I'm looking for another pickup upgrade for my ES335 (which I love - hold the Epiphone bashing). The stock pickups are even worse than my stock Ibanez ones. This isn't my "br00tal" guitar, as you probably guessed, but the guitar I use when looking for a hard rock sound - fair amounts of gain and a helping of midrange (bridge) or a very clean, jazzy, Opeth-esque tone. I'm not well versed in choosing pickups for this nature of music, so I'd appreciate your help in choosing.

Cheers guys,

James R
caughtinamosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
SS.org-er

caughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud of
No-one? Are we all too metuhlz?
Unread 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Maybe contact Pete Biltoft at Vintage Vibe guitars and have something wound to your specs. His prices are very reasonable, and you may get closer to the tone and feel you're looking for than you would by trying out "off the shelf" pickups.

Vintage Vibe Guitars: Humbucker Pickups
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
As cliched as it sounds on here, get some BKP's. I found this YT video of a kid and his Les Paul with BKPs and the tone is so smooth.

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 03:19 AM   #5
Lord Green Fingers

maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
There's quite a wide range you could go for with the 335

Seymour Duncan Seth Lover
Seymour Duncan 59
Dimarzio PAF
Bareknuckle Stormy Monday or Mule
Dimarzio PAF Classic
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
SS.org-er

Thanks for the responses guys. Darren, that link looks interesting *proceeds to open link.* I've got two BKs just now, and I love them, though they are more metal/rock orientated than what I'm currently after, but I'll check all of these out.