homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Pickups, Electronics & General Tech
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Pickups, Electronics & General Tech Pickup selection, wiring, technical questions & other guitar hardware discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
"TWAT" for short

TheWarAgainstTime is a name known to allTheWarAgainstTime is a name known to allTheWarAgainstTime is a name known to allTheWarAgainstTime is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Lundgren M7's vs. BKP Painkillers

So here's the deal:
I've got a set of Lundgren M7 pickups in my RG7620 which I like, but I've been toying with the idea of selling them and getting a set of Bareknuckle Painkillers.
Does anyone here have any experience with the BKP's in a basswood guitar like mine? I'm trying to gather as many pros/cons about each set of pickups to help me make my decision.
I'm going to be playing mostly thechnical/progressive metal with this guitar, stuff like Born of Osiris, TesseracT and Periphery (of course )
Any info would be appreciated!
TheWarAgainstTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
aint no gahdam woman

nostealbucket is just really nicenostealbucket is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've played 1 guitar with painkillers in it. pretty nice sound.
Painkillers have a bit higher output than the m7. They djent. and djent. and djent. Very, very tight sound. Just be careful with the height.
nostealbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Having owned Painkillers, go M7 dude. The painkillers are so damn round and smoothed out in the high end. They work better for 6 strings in more ordinary tunings, i'd say.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
Not an IMN

Mega-Mads is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the painkiller is my fav bkp. I got one in a RGD320. It works very well. the sound is über defined.
Mega-Mads is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
"TWAT" for short

TheWarAgainstTime is a name known to allTheWarAgainstTime is a name known to allTheWarAgainstTime is a name known to allTheWarAgainstTime is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
Having owned Painkillers, go M7 dude. The painkillers are so damn round and smoothed out in the high end. They work better for 6 strings in more ordinary tunings, i'd say.
Thanks for the tip, I'll probably be holding off on the BKP's until I either get another 7 or have the extra cash to compare them side-by-side
TheWarAgainstTime is offline   Reply With Quote