homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Pickups, Electronics & General Tech
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Pickups, Electronics & General Tech Pickup selection, wiring, technical questions & other guitar hardware discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

Cleyra is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What gauge strings to purcahse?

I just bought an Agile 7 string with a 28.625" scale. I'm trying to figure out what gauge strings I should get for it. I'm having trouble finding anything helpful because of how long the scale is. I plan to keep it in drop G#.
Any suggestions?
Cleyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Disciple of Djod

Vostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yup. Go there:

String Tension Super Thread (Got a string question? Post it here!)

You'll find a useful link in the first post, enter your scale, tuning and do some test to see if a tension would be nice given a certain type of string.

If you need further assistance, post in that thread in the future, as it prevent having too much of those thread.

Cheers!

"Solid-state - A component that has been specifically designed to make a guitar amplifier sound bad. Compared to tubes, these devices can have a very long lifespan, which guarantees that your amplifier will retain it's thin, lifeless, and buzzy sound for a long time to come."

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD
Vostre Roy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
on that scale length, you want to go light on the gauges. .56 for the low G# wil be awesome, .52 if you like lighter "djentier" tension and sound. and of course, .54 would be literally in the middle. Then i'd get a .42-.09 for the rest of the strings, no higher than .48-.10

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

ImN0tTelling will become famous soon enough
Solve your string tension problems forever in 30 minutes!
ImN0tTelling is offline   Reply With Quote