homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Pickups, Electronics & General Tech
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Pickups, Electronics & General Tech Pickup selection, wiring, technical questions & other guitar hardware discussion here.

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 134 reviews
LACE Aluma DeathBar Clips

Just some clips I recorded today with the Death-bar. I really love this pickup - it's made my one humbucker Jackson so much more versatile than the EMG that was in there (and I am a huge EMG fan).

Don't crucify my playing - I've not really played in like a month and am super rusty. The solo clip is played in standard tuning and yes I know it's supposed to be in Eb but whatever.. couldn't be bothered to tune down or raise my treble side action for the clip

The cleans aren't really the greatest because I usually use my Mark IV for that but this is like the cleanest I could get from an amp sim... normally I use them for high gain.

Glad I really bought this pickup - the clarity, definition and tightness on the low end is great. The midrange is just awesome and is very clear as well - the high gain clip is with very little gain. The clean clip isn't a 100% rep of the cleans I get from my Mark IV but stay tuned for that when I get my SM-57 setup.

Did I mention I love mids

WARNING - these are just recorded clips - I'm not Fred Brum, Ola Englund or any of those awesome guys who make recordings sound epic..

Clean Sound
High Gain Rhythm
High Gain Solo
Extreme Gain Rhythm
XEN, leonardo7, ittoa666 and 2 others like this.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds awesome
EtherealEntity is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I like pickup clips with minimal editing done to the track. It gives a far better representation of the tone the pickup puts out than a clip that's been mixed and polished to hell and back (eg: BKPs clips).
I may have to buy one of these to try it out.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #4

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Whai U make clips nO play DjENT!!!

Amazing how clear these pickups sound. Those chords have clarity and definition. Im waiting for Stephen Carpenter to come out and endorse these pups haha. Definitely going to buy a set for my Stef B7 or my Jackson CS 7.

djpharoah and brynotherhino like this.
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

IB-studjent- is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love the rhythm tone, very heavy.

-Vik duality 8 fanned fret-
-Vik DCA baritone 6 string
-

This just in:
Apologies to the other Abasi fanbois out there....I have just recently - yesterday actually - moved to a new favorite guitarist. stated a relavent member of the music community.
IB-studjent- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Objects in Space

asher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/asher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/asher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/asher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/asher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/asher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/asher is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Tasty! I'm way more excited about the Deathbar bridge I picked up for the 8 string I'm building

Likes are good, rep is better!

SchecterWhore: Artistic voice is the same as your speaking voice.
Two people can say the same thing and come across differently in a lot of ways.
When my girlfriend and I are walking through a crowd, she squeaks "Excuse me!" and sounds cute and non-threatening.
I say "Excuse me," and the person in front of us thinks they're about to get butt-raped by Barry White.
asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
I like pickup clips with minimal editing done to the track. It gives a far better representation of the tone the pickup puts out than a clip that's been mixed and polished to hell and back (eg: BKPs clips).
I may have to buy one of these to try it out.
Thanks man... I'll pretend that was my intention instead of my lack of skill in polishing
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB-studjent- View Post
I love the rhythm tone, very heavy.
Thanks - It sounds even better on my Mark IV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asher View Post
Tasty! I'm way more excited about the Deathbar bridge I picked up for the 8 string I'm building
It's definitely a surprise and I've found for the most parts actives and a few passives get closer to this clarity.
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
Strongman

Darkstar124 is a jewel in the rough
FINALLY OH GOD HERE WE GO
Darkstar124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nice, pretty fly for a brown guy
Empryrean likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
Army Without A Flag

All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.
Nice clips, sounds great man.
Could you possibly do a higher gain rhythm clip?

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_Ľour_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Ľour_Bass View Post
Nice clips, sounds great man.
Could you possibly do a higher gain rhythm clip?
More gain?? Sure I'll see if I can get something going. The high gain rhythm clip was pretty low.
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yo also how do these compare to a 707
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Yo also how do these compare to a 707
A lot better clarity, definition and mid range. I found the 707 to be a loose and big bottomed pickup with not enough defnition and it got muddy with a lot of gain+mids. Thing is 707s rock for some not for some - depending on amps and gear.

I like things more on the brighter side.

I'd say prior to trying these - EMGs and certain passives had an edge in clarity and definition but now with these EMGs and other actives are pointless because the clarity and bite is there without the compression or even the lack of proper headroom.

That being said if you like EMGs like me you'll still have a few guitars around with them - it's a different flavor. But if you've only got one guitar and want more versatility try these Deathbars in the bridge and an x-bar in the neck.
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
Undecided forever

Empryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thank you sooo much Mesh, these are highly appreciated. I have mine in the mail

[ry_z] 4:17 am: You looked tiredness in the face, flexed, and canceled it.
Empryrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

lurgar is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome clips man, these are not helping with my GAS right now
lurgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empryrean View Post
Thank you sooo much Mesh, these are highly appreciated. I have mine in the mail
Hell yes bro - I'm sure you'll love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurgar View Post
Awesome clips man, these are not helping with my GAS right now
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #17
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
They sound fairly unforgiving with a lower gain rhythm setting, but what do I know?

I liked the lead tone a lot though. Nice demo.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #18
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Extreme gain clip loaded in OP - sorry might be a bit sloppy in the rhythm and my ears are fatigued since I've just been playing the entire day today.
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #19
Ibanez Fanboy

amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/amonb is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I swear by Lace... you don't hear about em too much in extreme circles but I have stacks of them (various Lace sensors) on my strats and I love them. Quality product.
amonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
ss.org Irregular

Nonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude I totally didn't expect that to sound so good! I guess I should've thought higher of them as I love strats with lace pups in them. The cleans and the rhythm both sounded awesome.
amonb likes this.
Nonservium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #21

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Next time someone says "passive pups like EMGs"? Im recommending these
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonservium View Post
Dude I totally didn't expect that to sound so good! I guess I should've thought higher of them as I love strats with lace pups in them. The cleans and the rhythm both sounded awesome.
Thanks man - I just wanted to put something out there so that people can really hear the pups - till I bought them there was literally nothing out there for 7 strings and playing high gain.
Unread 04-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #23
Reason User

ThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I think you may have sold me on a pair.
Konfyouzd likes this.

"Congrats on joining the man-fan club " - EtherealEntity
My Photography: www.bartkophoto.com
My Bandcamp: http://dbartko.bandcamp.com/
My Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/dbartko
ThePhilosopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #24
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhilosopher View Post
I think you may have sold me on a pair.
I think I just may be purchasing another Death bar and X-bar for my COW7
Konfyouzd likes this.
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #25
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I knew it this pickup can habdle the br00talz, but what really impressed me was the clean clip.

I'm probably getting a couple of these now
djpharoah likes this.

Is this... guitar?
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote