homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Pickups, Electronics & General Tech
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Pickups, Electronics & General Tech Pickup selection, wiring, technical questions & other guitar hardware discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Proud blacksheep

purpledc is a glorious beacon of lightpurpledc is a glorious beacon of lightpurpledc is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
EMG 60-7 as a bridge pickup?

I did a search on google for this with little to no results. I know a lot of guys like this pickup as a neck option but what about in the bridge? Ive found that the 707 in the bridge is too muddy for my tastes and the 81-7 to be more of my liking but the 60 has me intrigued but I cant find any clips on it. And does anyone know if they ever used the old style logo on that particular pickup. Im thinking I may want to swap my 707 for one of these but my 81-7 is the older style logo.

"Hey man, check out my new pickups they sound awesome......"

"Not possible, they cost less than $300 a set"
purpledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
I've been experimenting with teh 60-7 in the bridge and it has a different feel than the 81-7 and 707.

The 707 is a "wet" soundign pickup - nice and thick with lots of mids from that alnico magnet (obviously more from the preamp). The 81-7 is a "drier" sounding pickup - bright with a lot of cut and not a lot of mids. The 60-7 is a great pickup for cleans (it was designed for this) and then with gain it's like a mid heavier 81-7. Similar attack and presence as the 81-7 but more mids and maybe less highs. It's more classic sounding - like rock and rock versus metal but it can definitely work.

These are just my experiences with the pickups as of recently in my Jackson 7s.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote