homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Pickups, Electronics & General Tech
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Pickups, Electronics & General Tech Pickup selection, wiring, technical questions & other guitar hardware discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-15-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
you fail me

forelander is just really niceforelander is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Agile Interceptor - Nut Height

Noticed the nut height on my interceptor is pretty high and am sitting here wondering as to how I go about lowering it. There's none of these shim things I see most floyd rose setup sites talking about so it is even possible? If I reverse the nut so the strings are lower on the neck side would that work?

Jetzt liegst du hier, ganz regungslos, in meiner hand und meinem schoß, du bist so kalt...
forelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
Occasional Poster

giannifive is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/giannifive is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/giannifive is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/giannifive is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/giannifive is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/giannifive is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/giannifive is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Floyd Rose bridge right? You'll have to either file down the nut slot on the neck or grind down the locking nut itself. Rich at Ibanezrules files down the nut.
giannifive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
blah!

nyck is just really nicenyck is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I had the same problem, so here's what I did:
1. You'll want to take all the strings off, so block the trem up.
2. Take off all the locking nuts and unscrew the entire nut piece(2 screws)
3. Take a small piece of 300 or so grit sandpaper and start sanding the area under where the nut was. Make sure you don't sand too much, only about 1 MM on the bass side(the treble side was fine for me). You can always sand it again, but you can't put wood back, so make sure you don't sand too much.
4. Put everything back together
nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2006, 11:20 PM   #4
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
[QUOTE=nyck You can always sand it again, but you can't put wood back, so make sure you don't sand too much.
[/QUOTE]

Thats what shims are for ;D

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote