homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This site records all Mypace deaths

http://www.mydeathspace.com/

Some of the ways these people died are just crazy. Alot of them are automobile accidents. Which clearly reflects the statistics of teens in accidents.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
hmm is this for real? How do they know exactly who these people are? Wow i guess it is thats pretty messed up and weird.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Be-otch

Papa Shank is just really nicePapa Shank is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here's hoping if I'm on there anytime soon it'll be a hell of a read.
Papa Shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
je t'aime

David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
.... that site, they had 2 of my friends up on there and were laughing at them.

http://www.myspace.com/rishisodhi
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=15886397

they deleted Ryan's myspace and just put we love him pretty much... but this that is my friend Katie's, she basically grew up with him.i
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That's bizarre... I'm not sure if I'm reassured/touched or troubled by the idea of an online memorial for, um, ex-myspace members...

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
je t'aime

David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
That's bizarre... I'm not sure if I'm reassured/touched or troubled by the idea of an online memorial for, um, ex-myspace members...
it's not a memorial... it's where people who have no lives go on and are intrigued that others have died, and then like to chuckle at they way they died. Everyone on that site are pathetic people who probably weigh about 350 pounds, live in their parents basement, have no job, and think productive people are losers. If you haven't noticed, I have an intense hatred for that site.
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
David How did your friends die?
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
I think it's purpose is more on the lines of ogrish or rotten.com.

Yeah my generation of teenagers are dicks.

It's the internet, so you can get away with alot. Which means you can freely explore your sadistic side. Ie. Graffiting desceased peoples myspaces with comments such as "lol emo fag" or "lol you're dead"
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That's kind of weird. #53 is kind of sad.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #10
je t'aime

Quote:
Originally Posted by .jason.
David How did your friends die?
Rishi was street racing, during the day, got up to about 80 mph and his car (that red BMW), flipped. He was knocked unconcious, and the people who witnessed it weren't able to get him out of the car before the flames took over. It's depressing to know that 1 decision, can cost a life. I definately choose more carefully now.

Ryan stayed up one night till about 3:00 AM working on a paper. He then took some nyquil and something else to help him sleep. He just didn't wake up in the morning. Some people say suicide, but I knew him well, you can't get a much more fulfilling and enjoyable life than what he had.
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #11
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That's ....ed up.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #12
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Rishi was street racing, during the day, got up to about 80 mph and his car (that red BMW), flipped. He was knocked unconcious, and the people who witnessed it weren't able to get him out of the car before the flames took over. It's depressing to know that 1 decision, can cost a life. I definately choose more carefully now.

Ryan stayed up one night till about 3:00 AM working on a paper. He then took some nyquil and something else to help him sleep. He just didn't wake up in the morning. Some people say suicide, but I knew him well, you can't get a much more fulfilling and enjoyable life than what he had.
Thats something i have never had to go thru, i have never lost any friends but your smart in choosing more wisely what situations you put yourself in.

It's crazy how many are from mass.

Last edited by Jason; 03-27-2006 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #13
je t'aime

Quote:
Thats something i have never had to go thru, i have never lost any friends but your smart in choosing more wisely what situations you put yourself in.

It's crazy how many are from mass.
I've had quite a few of these, these two in particular were just on myspacedeaths. Two years ago, my first band, all in about their sophmore year of highschool at the time, died in a car crash because they were drinking. Infact, that's one of my driving forces while playing music, just the fact that we were all supposed to "become famous together." Now, two years later... and a lot of music later... it's not about being famous, and not about making it, but that determination is still there.

Oh yeah, another lesson here on drinking and driving.
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #14
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

yeah drinking and driving don't mix no offense to your friends don't know if they were driving or not but driving drunk is stupid there are no excuses.
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #15
je t'aime

Quote:
yeah drinking and driving don't mix no offense to your friends don't know if they were driving or not but driving drunk is stupid there are no excuses.
same with street racing, but it's just what teens do. I hate myself sometimes because I'll curse out these people in my head, mentally yell at them for making the choices they did. No matter how hard parents and teachers try to engrain that these choices can kill you, there will always be those few who say "it can't happen to me."

There's more to the drinking accident, and probably one of the reasons why I get defensive about music... as we all know... I have a bit of a temper.
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:06 AM   #16
ss.orggy biscuit

Oogadee Boogadee is a name known to allOogadee Boogadee is a name known to allOogadee Boogadee is a name known to allOogadee Boogadee is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow. Truely weird. I can understand how one can be infuriated at the site's mocking tone.

However, regardless of their intentions, for me, checking the site, and some of the profiles, and especially some of the friend's comments on the profiles helps put life back into perspective - we're all mortal, we all can die, etc. it help put a face back onto death. The site might suck for it's intentions, but it links to profiles of beautiful people with friends who've left touching comments. I'm trying to look at it like the site backfired.

EDIT: i skipped to the site's content before reading the homepage message. It looks like it's not a sarcastic memorial, but a serious one. Although, you never know.

W.W.L.D.?
division-usa.com
myspace.com/divisionusa
myspace.com/seventhsonmd
myspace.com/oogadeeboogadee

See Division open for Evergrey - May 27th @ Jaxx (Springfield VA)! Support us by purchasing tix through us. E-mail me!
goetzja@yahoo.com
Oogadee Boogadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 09:50 AM   #17
je t'aime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogadee Boogadee
Wow. Truely weird. I can understand how one can be infuriated at the site's mocking tone.

However, regardless of their intentions, for me, checking the site, and some of the profiles, and especially some of the friend's comments on the profiles helps put life back into perspective - we're all mortal, we all can die, etc. it help put a face back onto death. The site might suck for it's intentions, but it links to profiles of beautiful people with friends who've left touching comments. I'm trying to look at it like the site backfired.

EDIT: i skipped to the site's content before reading the homepage message. It looks like it's not a sarcastic memorial, but a serious one. Although, you never know.
you know, it can be that, and that's a good thing. BUT, there are quite a few regulars on there who've chuckled quite a few times at people, and nobody needs a reality check everyday of the year. These people are sick, and just enjoy seeing others who've died. They're nerds, and it makes them feel superior over those lost, and as though they've won something.

I'm an angry elf. This site sucks.