homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
Fossicker

DevourTheDamned is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Super Gay car that gets an UNREAL amount of mpg.

you guys should all know that Geo Metro's, that gay ass 90's car that noone liked, book valued at like 1 grand, and going for 7k and up on eBay and craigslist because they get 50 MILES TO THE GALLON.
its crazy, as soon as im able to sell this crappy ass intrepid i have, im getting one of these beasts.

its ugly, not powerful, not fast, but DAMN will it save you some money!!

check it out:
eBay Motors: Geo : Metro (item 140235021118 end time May-28-08 18:10:55 PDT)
DevourTheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
For 7k it won't save you as much money as you should

1k tops... IF they're in perfect shape. But DAMN it puts a hybrid to shame...

EDIT:

According to 1992 Geo Metro Specs and Features - MSN Autos

The LSi convertable won't get 50mpg. But the little hatchbacks will.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
That thing is begging for a leaf blower turbo.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'll keep spending money on something that won't fold up like an aluminum can in a 5mph accident, thanks.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

thedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to all
haha, man, i could fit that in the trunk of my magnum
thedownside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #6
Carvin Zealot

keithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[action=keithb]has determined that the answer to rising gas prices is a motorcycle[/action]
keithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^i always thought that! When people asked me what my dream car was I'd always say ".... that man, gas is too expensive" or "i'd prefer a motorbike tbh".

Only downside would be breathing. >.> In a polluted city like Hong Kong, you'd choke to death on the car fumes.
FortePenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissing View Post
1k tops... IF they're in perfect shape. But DAMN it puts a hybrid to shame...
How do you figure? Those are the EPA numbers, old inflated-style. I get a *real world* number of 48 in my Prius, and I know Darren beats me in his Smart by 2-3 mpg regularly.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'll keep spending money on something that won't fold up like an aluminum can in a 5mph accident, thanks.
Speaking of aluminum cans, I saw TWO smart cars today.

Seriously, if you want a stupidly small car... Get a Yaris or Fit.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 05-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Quote:
On the Geo I agree with you. However, small cars are not inherently unsafe, as the recent Smart crash tests prove.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #11
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
How do you figure? Those are the EPA numbers, old inflated-style. I get a *real world* number of 48 in my Prius, and I know Darren beats me in his Smart by 2-3 mpg regularly.
No, that's not what I meant.

I was just saying it's pulling off the huge MPG numbers without being a hybrid is all.

Imagine if it was...

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 05-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

thedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to all
Quote:
On the Geo I agree with you. However, small cars are not inherently unsafe, as the recent Smart crash tests prove.
i'd still take my magnum in a head on collision thank you
thedownside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #13
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love America, 50mpg over here is pretty modest figures

My car runs on 50 mpg, most small cars here do, and then anything running on Diesel gets that and more.
stuh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #14
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Quote:
They just took top marks in their crash test.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #15
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuh84 View Post
It's not our fault, dude - there's not much for sale in our country that does that well because Detroit has decided that's not what we want. Actually, so has Japan and Korea, come to think of it... Myself, I consider myself lucky my Camry gets 29mpg on the highway. :/

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #16
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
They just took top marks in their crash test.
I'd rather be in a 3 star SUV than a 5 star Smart.
I'll give the smart credit, the roll cage is RIGID, but the shorter crumple zone makes it impact harder.

I wouldn't want to be in ANY car accident, but I certainly would be safer in something bigger.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

Unread 05-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
C&D's numbers for the ForTwo weren't as high as I expected, actually. I don't recall what they were offhand, but I'll recheck them tonight.

Unread 05-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #18
metalguitarist.org

Actually, here:

2008 Smart Fortwo Passion Coupe - Road Test/Micro Machines/Car Shopping/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver

Quote:
Our test vehicle got a disappointing 32 mpg overall, not the 50 or 60 mpg it looks like it should deliver, and the tiny engine requires pricey 91-octane fuel.
32MPG, and requires 91 octane. A 28MPG Corolla running 87 would be more economical.

Unread 05-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #19
metalguitarist.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuh84 View Post

My car runs on 50 mpg, most small cars here do, and then anything running on Diesel gets that and more.
What are you driving that gets 50mpg?

Unread 05-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #20
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissing View Post
I'd rather be in a 3 star SUV than a 5 star Smart.
I'll give the smart credit, the roll cage is RIGID, but the shorter crumple zone makes it impact harder.

I wouldn't want to be in ANY car accident, but I certainly would be safer in something bigger.
I think the point is more that the Smart is about the SIZE of the crumple zone on a bigger car, so the fact it doesn't fold-up-like-a-ball-of-aluminum-foil speaks to it's size vs. safety.

Will the cabin hold up better in a Smart than a Lincoln Continental, in front end collision? Probably not, but at least you'll have a similar chance of surviving either.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #21
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

Quote:
C&D's numbers for the ForTwo weren't as high as I expected, actually. I don't recall what they were offhand, but I'll recheck them tonight.
Yeah, they have issues in the US market they don't have in Europe and Canada, especially with the diesel version, which is the one that really crushes - but, of course, diesel is currently a buck-a-gallon more here...

Unread 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #22
Um, yeah.....

YYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud of
I drive a semi-gay car, an Acura RSX which gets decent gas mileage and I'm still feeling the pain at the pump. Connecticut is brutal!
YYZ2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #23
metalguitarist.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZ2112 View Post
I drive a semi-gay car, an Acura RSX which gets decent gas mileage and I'm still feeling the pain at the pump. Connecticut is brutal!
I like RSX's.

Unread 05-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #24
metalguitarist.org

Quote:
Yeah, they have issues in the US market they don't have in Europe and Canada, especially with the diesel version, which is the one that really crushes - but, of course, diesel is currently a buck-a-gallon more here...
Issues being things like smog, safety, and EPA emission limits.

Unread 05-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #25
Um, yeah.....

YYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud ofYYZ2112 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I like RSX's.
I was stupid and didn't get the six speed.
YYZ2112 is offline   Reply With Quote