homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
*Likes Basswood*

Se7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is Anyone Else Paranoid About Hurting There Hands?

I really am, In gym we were playing basketball and a rebound jammed two fingers on my left hand. And without thinking i screamed at the top of my voice "NOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT MY FRETTING HAND!!!!!" cause it really hurt bad. the whole gym full of people stopped and looked at me. Looking back at it it is pretty funny. I should have added a "WHY GOD WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!" at the end. Now that would have been funny

"There's a party in Zepp's mouth and everyones coming"

Origanally posted by Variant - Pulled from the river Styx, the mighty black oar of doom in hand! I certainly would not call this particular guitar an "axe" more like a club. Noodles' KxK would run through an emo, spilling his insides for a quick death, this blunt mace would bludgeon the unfortunate effeminate soul, breaking bones, and causing internal bleeding to lead only to a slow, painful death
Se7enMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

That's hillarious, but, I do have a fear of severe hand injury, in the sense that "man that would REALLY suck."

But I don't freak out about it
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
punk'd

kristallin is a name known to allkristallin is a name known to allkristallin is a name known to allkristallin is a name known to all
"They took my squeezing arm. Why my squeezing arm? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

I freak out about it whenever my arm acts up again. I've had carpal tunnel issues several times due to being a drummer, but when the full arm starts feeling weird as n "not good", you do kinda panic. Especially when it's the right arm, and you're right-handed...
kristallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:14 AM   #4
Destroyer of Worlds

Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I used to be quite cautious about that.. and wrist injuries and such. I never was quite paranoid, but even my worries about it have ceased in recent years. Come to think of it, in the recent past, I've made some pretty serious errors with power tools that could have seriously ....ed up my hand (though, luckily, I wasn't harmed). I didn't think "Oh shit, that could have taken off my finger and I wouldn't be able to play guitar anymore!" In fact, it was more "Oh shit, that would hurt. I wonder if I could still do all of the EMS skills I need to with missing fingers"
Buzz762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #5
Army Without A Flag

All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.
I wouldn't consider myself paranoid. I just try a be a touch extra careful compared to non-musicians for most things. With the exception of knives which I am excessively careful with, for obvious reasons.

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_¥our_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #6
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_¥our_Bass View Post
I wouldn't consider myself paranoid. I just try a be a touch extra careful compared to non-musicians for most things.
+1

I juggle with knifes so I can't agree with you there.
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:45 AM   #7
Sir Groove-A-Lot

Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.Mattayus shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
When i was in my first band when i was about 16/17 i was trying to put spikes into my army boots (LOL) so i was stabbing at leather, with a knife.... twat! It slid through and sliced my middle finger on my fretting hand, 3 hours before a gig. It absolutely sprayed with blood and i thought that was it, my guitaring days were over. It was so deep, but alas, i played the gig with a stupidly huge bandage wrapped around it 50 times, i even pulled off a pretty sweet solo.

Then, 5 years on, only last year, i was preparing a salad on one of those fancy slicers where u just slide the cucumber or whatever through two blades, and the cucumber got really low, and THWACK!! i hit my finger on it, and did this

Hurt so bad, and... ITS THE SAME FINGER!!

I now do anything to do with blades with my right hand lol. I really worry about it a lot actually, i'd hate to do some permanent damage

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just a ....ing lunatic" - Stephen Fry

Recording. Mixing. Mastering. ReAmping. Editing
Mattayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #8
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Recently I've been thinking twice about doing stupid things where I could mess up my hand. (leaps of faith, roulette) etc.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
I refuse to go ice skating because of the paranoia of someone skating ove my fingers and then having them possibly sewn back on.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #10
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I sliced my thumb a little yesterday on a sharp piece of metal. Nothing worse than a very bad paper cut, but it hurts, and since it's a long cut, it curls to the bottom side of my thumb where I rest my pick!

Not that big of a deal... But it sucks.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I am

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #12
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
I refuse to go ice skating because of the paranoia of someone skating ove my fingers and then having them possibly sewn back on.
Wuss.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #13
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I get pretty nervous thinking about things that could happen. I'm pretty careful with most things involving my hands. I can't imagine how much it'd suck not being able to play guitar.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #14
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
I have eczema on my hands. My paranoia died a long time ago.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #15
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
i was untill about 2 years ago when i cut off my right pinky

they sewed it back on

Confront and Destroy!
-7SoH
http://www.myspace.com/7stringsofhate
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #16
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Strings of Hate View Post

they sewed it back on
..... How did that happen?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #17
Medicine Chief/RHLC©

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
You have the same fear as I do man! It's a scary thought. Especially Ice Hockey skates that have quite the edge...

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #18
DJUN DJUNDJUNDJUN
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I used to skateboard, and I stopped because I was afraid of injuring myself and not being able to play anymore.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #19
*Likes Basswood*

Se7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Seriously????

"There's a party in Zepp's mouth and everyones coming"

Origanally posted by Variant - Pulled from the river Styx, the mighty black oar of doom in hand! I certainly would not call this particular guitar an "axe" more like a club. Noodles' KxK would run through an emo, spilling his insides for a quick death, this blunt mace would bludgeon the unfortunate effeminate soul, breaking bones, and causing internal bleeding to lead only to a slow, painful death
Se7enMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #20
punk'd

kristallin is a name known to allkristallin is a name known to allkristallin is a name known to allkristallin is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Strings of Hate View Post

they sewed it back on
Geez, worst thats happened to me was stabbing myself accidentally while chopping marinaded red peppers, and getting a fingernail ripped off in a car door, but severed finger?!??!?!?!?!?! ...., man....
kristallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #21
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I'm really paranoid about hurting my hands. The one thing keeping me from making my own guitar over the summer is my fear of slipping with a power tool and chopping some of my fingers off.

"Ah, she's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro" - ZB
Soundcloud - New clip April 19
sakeido is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #22
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
i´m more scared of hurting my hands and fingers than a fat kid is of dropping his candy bar (though god knows he´d pick it back up and eat it :P)

anyways, all my damages have been to every other part of my bpdy except my hands, so i´ve been lucky :P

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #23
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
i was doing dishes, i pushed an upside down pyrex glass bowl to make more room for the remaining dishes, it hit the wall, shattered, i looked down, and my finger was hanging off.
I had to wait about 5 days for them to completely sew it back on, they put a few stitches in it to keep it closed. All in all, i cut my artery, tendon, and wedged apart the finger/knuckle bone. They sewed it back on and that was march 06. I can use it mostly, if feels like when your arm goes to sleep or something, i can kinda tell feeling, but i cant really tell anything about what i'm feeling, and i can bend it, not as much as before. Its 10 times better than no finger, but it will never be the same, but i was unbelievably gratefull it was my picking hand pinky.

Confront and Destroy!
-7SoH
http://www.myspace.com/7stringsofhate
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #24
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
I'm not paranoid about hand injury, but i avoid situations that would probably cause me physical pain.

emotional pain, im no so smart to avoid

Rock on!
budda is offline   Reply With Quote