homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
*Likes Basswood*

Se7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why Can't People Run Away From Zombies?!?!?!?!?!?

Why is it in every zombie movie the slow movin bitch ass zombies always catch the usually armed survivors? If you were being chased by zombies dragging there feet at a 1/4 MPH I think you could get away. I know some one is going to say some thing about the amount of zombies giving chase. Why couldn't they climb a ledge or mountian? I am sure a run of the mill "Dawn of the Dead" zombie cant climb an incline

Now darkseekers are diffrent, they are compleatly bad ass and I dont know how Robert Neville ran from them from 3 years

"There's a party in Zepp's mouth and everyones coming"

Origanally posted by Variant - Pulled from the river Styx, the mighty black oar of doom in hand! I certainly would not call this particular guitar an "axe" more like a club. Noodles' KxK would run through an emo, spilling his insides for a quick death, this blunt mace would bludgeon the unfortunate effeminate soul, breaking bones, and causing internal bleeding to lead only to a slow, painful death
Se7enMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Because, if they COULD run away, they wouldn't be very scary movies. Well, I don't think they're usually scary either, but they wouldn't be as interesting if no one was ever getting killed by them.

In Dead Rising for Xbox 360, it makes perfect sense why zombies are hard to avoid. Because they're frickin' EVERYWHERE and in closed areas, you have to get past them, but they're trying to kill you, yo. If you've got a gun, you've only got maybe 20 shots and there are hundreds of zombies. I tried my baseball bat, but that only works for so long. They may be incredibly slow, but when they're taking over the entire world, it's hard to get somewhere where they ain't.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
Destroyer of Worlds

Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My opinion on the matter:

Slow zombies = lame
Fast zombies = cool

lol, I didn't say it was complicated.
Buzz762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:03 AM   #4
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

In the old zombie movies you have what naren is talking about, zombies ....ing everywhere, you can't run, you can't hide, it's a great claustrophobic experience to go through. I ....ing hate running zombies, that's what we have werewolf's for.
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think WarriorOfMetal may be the zombie expert here, I'll wait for him to chime in.

Brains.
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:12 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

777timesgod has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Maybe they should start a special school for zombies...you know with classes like "how to catch stupid actors and eat them" and "outsmarting big-breasted blond actresses". Also add a special training program to make them run faster. That should solve the problem...
777timesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:17 AM   #7
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777timesgod View Post
Maybe they should start a special school for zombies...you know with classes like "how to catch stupid actors and eat them" and "outsmarting big-breasted blond actresses". Also add a special training program to make them run faster. That should solve the problem...
They tried to educate zombies in the past, it didn't go so well.
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #8
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Encyclopaedia Metallum - Recently Vacated Graves
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:24 AM   #9
Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

InTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Maybe THEY should take Phil's car, go to mum's, kill Phil, get Liz, go to the Winchester, have a pint...

...and wait for the survivors to off themselves...

Sabaton
InTheRavensName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:25 AM   #10
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheRavensName View Post
Maybe THEY should take Phil's car, go to mum's, kill Phil, get Liz, go to the Winchester, have a pint...

...and wait for the survivors to off themselves...
There not smart enough, and that would not be fun enough to watch, well maybe, we can do an american remake.
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:28 AM   #11
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desecrated View Post
In the old zombie movies you have what naren is talking about, zombies ....ing everywhere, you can't run, you can't hide, it's a great claustrophobic experience to go through. I ....ing hate running zombies, that's what we have werewolf's for.
True dat.

I'm somewhat of a zombie expert myself. Not because I wanted to be one, but because I've seen a hell of a lot of zombie movies and the general thing about at least the old zombie movies is that there are ....ing zombies everywhere and running is pretty pointless because there are more zombies in the direction you're running.

In fact, most of those movies end with some kind of apocalyptic ending where everyone's a zombie or only one person is left and the zombies have multiplied to a crazy number and, even though the remaining person doesn't die in the movie, you know he or she is going to.
Unread 04-05-2008, 05:29 AM   #12
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i think the fact that they're slow makes them somewhat scary really, okay granted they cant leg it at you like in the dawn of the dead remake or 28 days/weeks later, but man being overwhelmed and slowly torn to ....ing pieces, pretty scary stuff...

Knights that say
Mr. S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #13
Et tu, Brute?

Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
My father and I actually dicussed this heavily (lulz). We agreed that because zombies are really just your friends and family zombified, you are less likely to run or shoot your friend in the face.
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #14
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
People in movies are just generally really stupid, with the possible exception of the main character.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #15
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAwesome View Post
People in movies are just generally really stupid, with the possible exception of the main character.
People in generally are really stupid. Look at any real life catastrophe and you will see people risking their life to save their dog, to save their photo album and so on. And of course all of the people who just freak out and stand still awaiting death.

People always complain about the stupidity in horrormovies, but I've down a bunch of clichees in my life, one good example, while I was living in a house I heard a bump in the attic, So I took a lighter and went up there, all alone, in the middle of the night, Now if this had been a horrormovie I'd been zombiefood, But since zombies only exist on movies I have nothing to be afraid of, I can careless walk in the woods at night, have adventures on the attic and even go swimming naked in the lake.
When your doing a horrormovie you assume that the characters in the movie don't know that they are in a horrormovie, that's what's so fun about them.
Unread 04-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #16
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
^ Good point. I'm the kind of guy who might risk his life for a beloved pet, though :P

Even given that they don't know they're in a horror movie and that most people are stupid, they do still tend to act pretty stupid depending on what movie you're watching, especially in fairly recent American movies. Modern American horror movies are just awful! So much so that I often go to my bassist's house to watch horror movies and laugh at them just for the fact that they're rarely good for anything else. I guess other countries still make some better ones that might have as many idiots in it, though.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #17
Whoopsie Daisy!

DelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren View Post
True dat.

I'm somewhat of a zombie expert myself. Not because I wanted to be one,

Quote:
...but because I've seen a hell of a lot of zombie movies and the general thing about at least the old zombie movies is that there are ....ing zombies everywhere and running is pretty pointless because there are more zombies in the direction you're running.

In fact, most of those movies end with some kind of apocalyptic ending where everyone's a zombie or only one person is left and the zombies have multiplied to a crazy number and, even though the remaining person doesn't die in the movie, you know he or she is going to.
Exactly, it's not how fast they move that is scary or what they do. It's the inevitability that in the end they are going to get you.

I have to say though "Land of the Dead" was ....ing stupid, zombies should not be allowed to think. It defeats the whole purpose of them; they're brain dead killing machines that don't act on anything other than the basic human instinct to feed.

Speaking of "Brain Dead" though (or "Dead Alive" as it was called in some countries) that is a ....ing wicked movie

More words here is more words.
DelfinoPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #18
Loomis Brotherhood

SevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of lightSevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of lightSevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of light

The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God.

We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God
-Ludwig Van Beethoven

25 essential metal licks

Advanced Arpeggios
SevenDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #19
*Likes Basswood*

Se7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of lightSe7enMeister is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenDeadly View Post
borrowed that from a friend yester day, it says the best way to out run slow zombies is to walk fast away from them

Origanally posted by Variant - Pulled from the river Styx, the mighty black oar of doom in hand! I certainly would not call this particular guitar an "axe" more like a club. Noodles' KxK would run through an emo, spilling his insides for a quick death, this blunt mace would bludgeon the unfortunate effeminate soul, breaking bones, and causing internal bleeding to lead only to a slow, painful death
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #20
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
You guys are ....ed. When my brain munching brethren arrive we're going to .... you up, whether we move slow OR fast.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #21
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Because, if they COULD run away, they wouldn't be very scary movies.
Pretty much.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #22
*Likes Basswood*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
You guys are ....ed. When my brain munching brethren arrive we're going to .... you up, whether we move slow OR fast.
on so many levels

Unread 04-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #23
Loomis Brotherhood

SevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of lightSevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of lightSevenDeadly is a glorious beacon of light
I will survive. I live in Texas. Were gonna get a keg and sit in our front lawn with our guns that half of you here can't own. "Look Jeb, there's another one!" "You can have him Jim, I think I'm gonna take a nap, I ate too much brisket." BANG!

The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God.

We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God
-Ludwig Van Beethoven

25 essential metal licks

Advanced Arpeggios
SevenDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #24
Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

InTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^ well, to be fair, I can't touch that...

Sabaton
InTheRavensName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #25
OldschoolGhettostyle

And, on the continuation of what I was saying... you could never have a movie where 1 zombie kills off a group of 10 people. It's more likely to be 500 zombies kill off 50 people or 10,000 zombies kill off 1,000 people. Or, maybe not directly seen in the movie, but a major part of the movie's storyline: 4 billion zombies almost eradicate mankind. I'm watching a zombie flick like that right now.

While vampire movies show how smart and powerful a single vampire is, zombie movies are based all around just how many zombies there are and how there keep getting more and more of them as they turn the living into zombies as well. You just can't escape.

If you could, it wouldn't be scary. Zombie movies feed off of desperation.