homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
fsck!

Ivan is a glorious beacon of lightIvan is a glorious beacon of lightIvan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Tesla Coils Playing the Super Mario Theme

Tesla Coils Playing the Super Mario Bros. Song

Leon, how did they do that?
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
that is the most metal thing I have ever seen!

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Very badass.

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
Carvin Zealot

keithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
The theory is pretty simple: if you want to play a 1000Hz tone, turn the coil on and off 1000 times per second. Execution is a bit more complex (and dangerous)
keithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
fsck!

Ivan is a glorious beacon of lightIvan is a glorious beacon of lightIvan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb View Post
The theory is pretty simple: if you want to play a 1000Hz tone, turn the coil on and off 1000 times per second. Execution is a bit more complex (and dangerous)
I believe those things work on frequencies from 25kHz to couple of MHz. Those guys use some kind of digital modulation to achieve the sounds.
Unread 11-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #6

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Nice! I want Super Mario Galaxy NOW!

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire Walk With Me
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
holy shit that rules

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #8
Carvin Zealot

keithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
I believe those things work on frequencies from 25kHz to couple of MHz. Those guys use some kind of digital modulation to achieve the sounds.
They do. However, that high frequency is being switched to create the audio tone, sorta kinda like PWM. I saw a video explanation from the creator of those coils at some point, I'll try to find it.
keithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #9
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Awesome.!

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hah, that's great!

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #11
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I can picture Trent Reznor incorporating that into his live performance
El Caco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
fsck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb View Post
They do. However, that high frequency is being switched to create the audio tone, sorta kinda like PWM. I saw a video explanation from the creator of those coils at some point, I'll try to find it.
Well, I thought it was something like PWM, then I thought that would be too simple an explanation.

Please find the video.