homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That 1,051 lb pig was domestic.

‘Monster Pig’ was huge — just not wild - Animal Peculiarity - MSNBC.com

Quote:
The huge hog that became known as "Monster Pig" after being killed by an 11-year-old boy was raised on a farm where it had another name: Fred.

Phil Blissitt said he purchased the 6-week-old pig in December 2004 as a Christmas gift for his wife, Rhonda, and they sold it to the owner of Lost Creek Plantation after deciding to get rid of all the pigs at their farm.

He told The Anniston Star in a story Friday that the sale was four days before the hog was killed in a 150-acre fenced area of the plantation.

"I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig," Rhonda Blissitt said.

The Blissitts said they didn't know the huge hog drawing widespread media attention was Fred until they were contacted by Andy Howell, game warden for the Alabama Department of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries, whose agency found that no laws were violated in the hunt.

"Did you see that pig on TV?" Phil Blissitt recalled Howell asking. "I said, 'Yeah, I had one about that size.' He said, 'No, that one is yours.'

"That's when I knew."'

Phil Blissitt said he became irritated when he learned that some thought the photos of Fred were doctored.

"That was a big hog," he said.

Mike Stone, the father of Jamison Stone, the 11-year-old boy who shot the huge hog to death during what they described as a three-hour chase, has said the hog weighed more than 1,000 pounds and was more than 9 feet long. He told the Star he had been under the impression that the hog was wild, not farm-raised.

"We were told that it was a feral hog," Mike Stone told the Star, "and we hunted it on the pretense that it was a feral hog."

Telephone messages left Friday with Eddy Borden, the owner of Lost Creek Plantation, were not immediately returned.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #2

Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.Eric is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That is a huge pig...

The skill it must have taken to hit a 9 foot long target...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
delirium tremens

Aaron is a glorious beacon of lightAaron is a glorious beacon of lightAaron is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that make for a fine dinner, those must be some big ass pork chops too!
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
Get Some!

cadenhead is a splendid one to beholdcadenhead is a splendid one to beholdcadenhead is a splendid one to beholdcadenhead is a splendid one to beholdcadenhead is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
MMMMMMMmmmmmm..... Bacon
cadenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I just had some smoked ham

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #6
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Ah yeah I was checking that out last night.

Effing crazy.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:56 AM   #7
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
I saw the words 1,015 lb. domestic pig and I could only picture a Harley-Davidson Dynaglide.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
ss.org Regular

Rusty_cooley702 will become famous soon enough
:yummy:
Rusty_cooley702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.
I saw the thread title and was expecting to read about an episode of Jerry Springer featuring obese cleaners.

stuz719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #10
Poland CEO / RHLC

Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.
lol..

huge pig...
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
Bite Me Fan Boy!!

Dive-Baum is a splendid one to beholdDive-Baum is a splendid one to beholdDive-Baum is a splendid one to beholdDive-Baum is a splendid one to beholdDive-Baum is a splendid one to behold
The pig was raised on a farm but was sold to the game ranch when the farmer sold out his stock. No one wanted the big hawg as you can't slaughter a pig that large comercially. According to the Game Commission in the state where the hog was shot, if it lives in the wild, then it is a ferral pig. The fact is that the kid shot and killed that Jurrassic Beast and no one should try and deminish his accomplishment. If ANYONE has ever worked with pigs on a big farm, you know they are NOT domesticated. Large hogs can kill you and one this big could flip a car over and pull you out of the window if it wanted.

Wild Hogs are very aggressive and nasty animals. I have been chased by a boar that weighed about 200 lbs...and I was scared shitless (and I had a gun) I got the ....er BTW....I hate it when someone does something recognizable and others try to take it away out of jealousy.

Original EVH 5150 Head
Marshall 4x12 Cab
Ibanez RG440
Gibson Explorer
Custom Warmoth 7
Dive-Baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
Banned from Reality

Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dive-Baum View Post
The fact is that the kid shot and killed that Jurrassic Beast and no one should try and deminish his accomplishment.
Diminish his accomplishment? If he can't kill a 9ft long 1,000 pound PIG, he might want to choose a new hobby.

Last I checked, they weren't exactly an agile target.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote