homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #51
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
You're, what, 23? There's no way in ....ing hell you should NEED blood pressure medication at your age.
There are some genetic issues that can affect people of all ages with diagnosed hypertension.

He needs to see a doctor ASAP with levels like that.

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-27-2007, 02:25 PM   #52
I poop in shoes.

nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have heart diesease on both sides of the family....and cancer on my dad's side. In the end, I'm screwed, but I'd rather know if there is something more than just my diet affecting my pressure right now.

I am the mask you wear.
nitelightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #53
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
So knowing your family history, why would you choose to have such a shitty diet and smoke two packs a day?

darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #54
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
So knowing your family history, why would you choose to have such a shitty diet and smoke two packs a day?

Because, we're born young and invincible!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

www.myspace.com/wfkoehleriii
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7bjr/index.html
Popsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #55
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
We? Are you referring to yourself, gramps?
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #56
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
We? Are you referring to yourself, gramps?
And... you were born old?

And as for the gramps thing, don't make me bitchslap you with my cane!

Unread 04-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #57
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Yes, that's why my eye sight is failing and didn't read your post right

Quote:
Originally Posted by What JJ thought the geezer said
Because we're young and invincible
As for the cane thing, I'm sorry, I'm just pointing out the obvious
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #58
Beer Sewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
Yes, that's why my eye sight is failing and didn't read your post right

As for the cane thing, I'm sorry, I'm just pointing out the obvious
:

Unread 04-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #59
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Quote:

People don't wake up and say, "Gee! I think I'll start ruining my health today!"

Don't you have any conception of human psychology? People fall into these habits over time, and always underestimate the dangers when it's early.

Unread 04-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #60
I poop in shoes.

nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.
HOnestly, I didn't even notice just how far out of control my smoking and soda habits were until recently. And looking back, I could see that it's been that way for awhile. I thought I was still hitting a pack a day, which while not healthy, is certainly better than 2 packs a day. So even though I knew my family history, I didn't know how bad my habits were and had never intended for them to be as bad as they are.

I am the mask you wear.
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #61
Canis lupis obscurus

^ Exactly. It creeps up on ya.

Unread 04-27-2007, 03:56 PM   #62
I poop in shoes.

Yep. I know I've always drank alot of soda, but it's never seemed to be as much as it really is.

I am the mask you wear.
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #63
Canis lupis obscurus

Soda.

Unread 04-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #64
Beer Sewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf View Post
Soda.
Joe's soda is Bob's Pop! To me, it's just Diet Croke!

Unread 04-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #65
Canis lupis obscurus

*snort*

Sounds like the title of some strange existential indy film, Bill.

Unread 04-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #66
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf View Post
People don't wake up and say, "Gee! I think I'll start ruining my health today!"

Don't you have any conception of human psychology? People fall into these habits over time, and always underestimate the dangers when it's early.
Yeah, i'm a complete moron with absolutely no understanding of human nature.

I'm sorry, but any adult who knows that their family has a history of heart disease and cancer should be smart enough to think, "Gee, maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to smoke two packs of cigarettes and drink a 12-pack of soda a day."

Come on... common sense hasn't completely left the planet, has it?
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #67
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, i'm a complete moron with absolutely no understanding of human nature.

I'm sorry, but any adult who knows that their family has a history of heart disease and cancer should be smart enough to think, "Gee, maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to smoke two packs of cigarettes and drink a 12-pack of soda a day."

Come on... common sense hasn't completely left the planet, has it?

yes...yes it has...and I want a cigarette
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #68
Canis lupis obscurus

Great, Darren. And it's oh so easy to break those bad habits.

Apparently you don't realize how people really operate. You tend to make these blanket judgments, assuming everyone can and should operate perfectly rationally. Joe is starting to wake up. But ...., dude, people die every day from easily avoided problems, according to your so-called "common sense." The force of habit and addiction is unfortunately generally much stronger. And like I said, no one wakes up and says they'd like to be addicted.

Spare the hyperbole, please. How does lacking some psychological understanding equal complete moron? Besides, I reserve that title for myself.

Unread 04-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #69
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You don't need meds dude. That's a terrible mindset to get in. Meds are needed when your body can't naturally correct itself.

Your problem is that you lead a VERY unhealthy lifestyle, namely with the outrageous amounts of sugar you take in every day. Skip the meds and start taking care of yourself.
+1 thanks chris for saving me having to type it out

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #70
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Im with TDW per usual.. The most important thing is Joe has realised he needs to change.. So why dog him and kick him in the nuts? To you guys he is some dude behind a keyboard to me he is a good friend. Lighten up. K? Thanks

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2007, 02:58 AM   #71
King of the Swing

Labrie is a glorious beacon of lightLabrie is a glorious beacon of lightLabrie is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe the fact you are dehydrated could be a factor for your headaches plus the high blood pressure. You need to be drinking lots of water to get your pH levels balanced. With all the sugar, salt and toxins you're inhaling it's no wonder your blood pressure is so high. Definitely get some blood work done too. The results will give you a good indication of where you're headed and what needs to be done. Good luck dude!
Labrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #72
Decibel Guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrie View Post
Maybe the fact you are dehydrated could be a factor for your headaches plus the high blood pressure.
That's also a good point... all that soda contains a lot of caffeine (which could also be a contributing factor in itself) and caffeine is a diuretic, so you're probably "eliminating" a heck of a lot of water.

I won't bitch any more. I'm glad Joe has had the wake-up call, and i hope he gets it all sorted out.
Unread 04-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #73
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
I won't bitch any more. I'm glad Joe has had the wake-up call, and i hope he gets it all sorted out.
I'm also very glad Joe got the wake-up call. It was really irritating that we were telling him how unhealthy it was, but he wouldn't listen, saying he hadn't had any problems up until now. And I'm not saying it was irritating because we were being told we were wrong. It was irritating because Joe was denying the obvious reality of the harm he was doing to himself. Now that he's accepted that reality, he can finally change his lifestyle and fix his health. And, for that, I'm very glad.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #74
I poop in shoes.

Hey, I was practicing my politics. You've gotta be able to deny anything if you want to have a spot in Washington

I am the mask you wear.
Unread 04-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #75
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
How are you feeling today Joe?
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote