homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Going bald at 16...first time using Regain

Hey guys,

Well I am losing my hair rapidly at 16 years old, my dad is going bald too but he has 36 years on me :P

I used regain tonight for the first time, let's hope all goes well. I will keep everyone up to date on the hair growth!

L8A
Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-08-2007, 05:20 AM   #2

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That sucks, dude. I don't know what I'd do without a full head of long hair. I hope that stuff works.

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire Walk With Me
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Have you been under a lot of stress lately? The reason I ask is 16 is awfully young to be going bald, though it's not impossible. Have you tried seeing a doctor about it?

I hope your not, but if you are loosing it for sure, just own it like Noodles does.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 05:30 AM   #4
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Saw the doctor to say and it doesn't have anything to do with the stress and the heavy marijuana smoking which I hoped may have been causing it.

He gave me three options

Regain
$8000 hair implants
Some pills which can affect the prostate and may stop me from being able to get an erection and ejaculate

No thanks, I'll use regain :P

But yeah he said he has seen dudes at my age losing it which isn't too weird he says, it just happens to some of us.

And I could only hope to be as metal as noodles one day
Unread 02-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #5
turn it up lads...

metalking is a jewel in the rough
bummer dude good luck
metalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
I might be alone in this, but I say...

EMBRACE THE BALD!!!

There is nothing more Metal than a skullet.

Isn't that right, Devin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Townsend
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Yeah a kid I know went like 50% bald (sporting the friar Tuck look lol) in high school too, so you're definitely not alone. If it looks odd, just shave it. Nothing wrong with sporting the Noodles cut!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #8
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark. A View Post
Saw the doctor to say and it doesn't have anything to do with the stress and the heavy marijuana smoking which I hoped may have been causing it.

He gave me three options

Regain
$8000 hair implants
Some pills which can affect the prostate and may stop me from being able to get an erection and ejaculate

No thanks, I'll use regain :P

But yeah he said he has seen dudes at my age losing it which isn't too weird he says, it just happens to some of us.

Propecia?

Anyway , balding isn't a choice, but bald IS a choice - skinhead ftw!

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
Desk Magnetic

Lozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud ofLozek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I've always figured when it starts going, then it's time to get rid of it. Shaved my head before though, so I'm comfortable with how I look sans follicular cover

I've had to talk a couple of mates round that were desperately clinging on in there, and it's tough 'cos you can't just say 'Mate, it looks bad, face up to it and do the decent thing'. Things are different now that all the classic bands have got older though, there's a whole proliferation of metal guys without long hair unlike the old days. I've got some footage of Slayer at Donnington '92 somewhere and Kerry King made the right choice.
Lozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Mark how many time you gonna mispell ROgain?

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #11
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by .jason. View Post

start shaving it off dude and grow a goatee.
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .jason. View Post
I know, it was bugging the hell out of me.

Just go with the Townsend look

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #13
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
well, since you're sportin the beavis and butthead avatar, you could do what they did -- cut your hair and glue it on your face so it looks like a beard. chicks dig beards.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #14

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
well, since you're sportin the beavis and butthead avatar, you could do what they did -- cut your hair and glue it on your face so it looks like a beard. chicks dig beards.
I think we can all agree that this is what you must do.

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire Walk With Me
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #15
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666 View Post
I hope your not, but if you are loosing it for sure, just own it like Noodles does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
Nothing wrong with sporting the Noodles cut!
Quote:
I think you have your answer.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #16
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If you guys did a little bit of research, you'd learn that in most other parts of the world, Pfizer markets Rogaine as Regaine.

It's the same thing: Minoxidil.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #17
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
embrace your nature. shave it

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #18
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Oh so it's just me and B Lopez who are in favour of the skullet?

I swear to Dio, if I ever go bald, that's what I'm doing.

It's what Bill Bailey would want.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Unread 02-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #19
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
i'd go skullet if i could get my hair longer than two inches before it starts bugging the shit out of me . it just doesn't last anymore. it used to be long, though, and i was well on my way to a skullet.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #20
You're no daisy.

Ah that's a real pity Leon, you would've had an awesome skullet.

Unread 02-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #21
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
If you guys did a little bit of research, you'd learn that in most other parts of the world, Pfizer markets Rogaine as Regaine.

It's the same thing: Minoxidil.
Aye. If I ever start losing hair badly, I'm shaving my head clean, simple as. The only thing is I have quite prominent eyebrows, so that could look amusing.

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
Unread 02-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #22
gang* 4 lyfe

Yeah guys over here it's labeled as Regain, thanks Darren

But yeah, I'm giving this stuff a go and we'll see how it is, if not, it's time for the goatee and bald head.
Unread 02-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #23
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
What about the beard comb-over?

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #24
gang* 4 lyfe

That is ....ing awesome!
Unread 02-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #25
Not so local lefty

Quote:
Yeah guys over here it's labeled as Regain, thanks Darren

But yeah, I'm giving this stuff a go and we'll see how it is, if not, it's time for the goatee and bald head.
Bare in mind that it can sometimes take months to take effect, the hair's that grow back can be fine and soft IF they grow back and also your testosterone levels (what causes male pattern baldness) are highest in the morning, so that's the best time to apply it.

Have you considered getting one of those Lasercomb things too?

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!