homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Insomnia sucks.

The title says it all. It's especially frustrating as I have a seminar tomorrow, and I've already missed one this week.

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-31-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

Awakened Sleeper is a glorious beacon of lightAwakened Sleeper is a glorious beacon of lightAwakened Sleeper is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yep, you are absolutely correct. I've had long-term insomnia for about 8 years now, hence my user-name. I keep hallucunating at work, but the bosses think I'm lying. It's like being permanently drunk but without the fun
Awakened Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
:ubersquint:

OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yeah it does....i used to have it really bad...going to bed around 2 AM and taking an hour or two to fall asleep

i still never feel like i get enough sleep

You've got your head down
You've got your eyes closed
You look so pitiful now

Your body encrusted with ash
Breath heavy with toxins
Hair singed and matted
Clothes frayed and burnt

You are left with nothing
OzzyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Sleeper View Post
Yep, you are absolutely correct. I've had long-term insomnia for about 8 years now, hence my user-name. I keep hallucunating at work, but the bosses think I'm lying. It's like being permanently drunk but without the fun
That's happenned to me before. I've often found the only way to get to things early in the morning is to stay up all night and sleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I usually can't sleep a wink, but for some reason I'm insanely sleepy right now.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #6
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Try some Valerian root?

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
I'm going to have to dissagree because it has allowed me to get alot more practice time in.

It blows major ass when it finally catches up with you. I just had a 4 day weekend and I ended up sleeping for the entirety of most of those days.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 11:01 PM   #8
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Anything stressing you? I find exercising will also help.

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #9
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
I just had a fantastic sleep of about 2 hours... I'm up for the day now.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 03:11 AM   #10
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Constant problem for me as well.
I teach from 3pm to 9pm, and I find it really hard to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. I constantly drift towards 2am, 3am, 4am, or 5am for a getting to bed time. And that just makes the next day worse.
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 03:13 AM   #11
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
working nights and going to school during the days can throw you off, but after working like that for 6 months, as long as a get a decent ammount of sleep, it doesnt matter when it is, i'm good.

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 03:14 AM   #12
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Insomnia is awesome! Haven't you ever seen "The Machinist"?

I have a problem that, no matter what time I get up, I can't fall asleep before 1:30am (usually it's closer to 3am).
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #13
SS.org Regular

Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.
I don't have insomnia, but no matter how early I go to sleep, I'm still tired in the morning, if I have to wake before 9 AM. It's bloody annoying.

Now I lay me down to sleep
Blah, blah, blah my soul to keep
If I die before I wake
I'll go to hell for heaven's sake
Makelele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

Awakened Sleeper is a glorious beacon of lightAwakened Sleeper is a glorious beacon of lightAwakened Sleeper is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren View Post
Insomnia is awesome! Haven't you ever seen "The Machinist"?
Bought it a couple of months back, awesome movie. Unfortunately his machine is not too unlike the ones I work with, so I've been trying to avoid doing a "Michael Ironside" on my workmates
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #15
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I have the opposite problem. I can't get enough.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #16
Total Rondo Addict!

Christopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you have any sleep problems go see a doctor. There are a ton of conditions and medical situations that are being studied more and more each day. If it can be solved, it could be an easy fix.

I suffered for 33 years of sleep problems and either being exhausted or not sleeping at all and went to a sleep medicine expert. I was diagnosed, treated, and believe me, I feel better now than I EVER have. Best thing I've ever done for my health (including quiting smoking).
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #17
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I've had insomnia before when I was mourning the loss of my older brother nearly 7 years ago (May 2000, he was 27). I absolutely hate not being able to sleep especially when you're dead tired. Eventually I got better though. But man, I look back at that time, I was a mess.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #18
I poop in shoes.

nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I used to have problems sleeping. I could never fall asleep and I'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 hours of sleep in a few day period. Now, it seems like I'm out cold by 10:30PM and I can sleep in all day when I don't have to be at work.

I am the mask you wear.
nitelightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
If you have any sleep problems go see a doctor. There are a ton of conditions and medical situations that are being studied more and more each day. If it can be solved, it could be an easy fix.

I suffered for 33 years of sleep problems and either being exhausted or not sleeping at all and went to a sleep medicine expert. I was diagnosed, treated, and believe me, I feel better now than I EVER have. Best thing I've ever done for my health (including quiting smoking).
I was keenly following that thread when you posted it a few months back, and I'd never heard of sleep apnea before. I've demonstrated all the symptoms you stated and I've since suggested it to my doctors, who were inclined to agree it's a likely candidate. At the moment I'm still waiting on word to start my testing. I'll tell you right now that I personally think that apnea is my problem, and if it is then I can seriously never thank you enough for the pointer. This bloody waiting seems to take forever though...
Unread 02-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #20
Total Rondo Addict!

Christopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to allChristopher is a name known to all
Quote:
I was keenly following that thread when you posted it a few months back, and I'd never heard of sleep apnea before. I've demonstrated all the symptoms you stated and I've since suggested it to my doctors, who were inclined to agree it's a likely candidate. At the moment I'm still waiting on word to start my testing. I'll tell you right now that I personally think that apnea is my problem, and if it is then I can seriously never thank you enough for the pointer. This bloody waiting seems to take forever though...
I got very lucky in the diagnosis of sleep apnea. There was a internist here in town that became fascinated with sleep disturbances. He ended up going back to school in California and specialized in it. He then came back here to my home town and started a branch of a national sleep study clinic. His clinic is on the same block as my regular doctor and they happened to be friends.

I have a funny story about my Apnea. I was just getting into my recovery and using my c-pap machine every night when cold / flu season started. I was curious just how much the recovery was in my head and how much was real. I ended up getting a couple of colds sandwiched between a nasty flu and was coughing and nasally congested for about six weeks. During that time, I just gave up on the c-pap as it was just too uncomfortable when I was coughing.

During the time I was away from it, it only took about 9 or 10 days and I was back to being exhausted, having trouble falling asleep and being a depressed ass. The cold went away and I started back on the c-pap and within days I was noticeably better. I'm about 30 days back on it and I feel great again. I also had lost about 15 pounds before I stopped the c-pap and gained it all back during the cold / flu. Since starting back up, I've lost it all and then some again, and I haven't changed my eating / exercise at all the whole time.

Keep at it with the doctors. Many of them are skeptical.
Unread 02-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Keep at it with the doctors. Many of them are skeptical.
Don't doubt it mate, I will persist! But thankfully the 2 or 3 docs I've seen over the last few months have been open to the idea, we're lucky in that the doctors in our local surgery are pretty cool.
Unread 02-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #22
Total Rondo Addict!

My sleep doc is talking about getting my insurance to pay for a nose job. It turns out that he believes that I have a narrowing in my nasal passage just above the bridge of my nose that restricts breathing. It seems to be the source of my problems. Because of the restriction I've been a mouth breather since I was a baby.
Unread 02-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #23
Army Without A Flag

All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Stuff like this happens to me when I pull allnighters, but unlike you, I actually enjoy the hallucinations and other strange things that my brain does in that state. And since I learnt how to lucid dream, I have trouble going to sleep because I have a hard time letting myself completely let go of conciousness.

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_Ľour_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote