homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree104Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Quantumface is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Scott Grove, the rude guitar guy. Legit? or has the internet just got to him.

Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Blast & Sweep

Thep is a name known to allThep is a name known to allThep is a name known to allThep is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm not going to watch a 16 min video of a random boring guy talking...can you explain what this is about?
StLucifer likes this.
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Quantumface is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thep View Post
I'm not going to watch a 16 min video of a random boring guy talking...can you explain what this is about?
He makes a lot of videos/lessons on the internet. He comes off as an elitist douche most of the time, blocks you if you express a different opinion even in a nice way and says things like "dislike this video if you like to suck cock" etc. Well in this video he says he has severe brain disabilities which explain his anger, and claims he doesnt remember making a single one of his 460 youtube videos because of short term memory loss among other things. Just thought it was interesting.
groovemasta and StLucifer like this.
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Where's my burrito?!

Electric Wizard is a glorious beacon of lightElectric Wizard is a glorious beacon of lightElectric Wizard is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I watched his video about agiles and one about tonewood the other day. In it, he claimed that his working with guitars (not sure what) has made him millions of dollars. Then he delivered a rant that addressed viewers as "dumb ............s" and "retards" once every minute.

I'm guessing he's full of shit since he has trouble forming a coherent sentence, let alone backing up any of the claims he makes.
StLucifer likes this.
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

TheGrimRiffer will become famous soon enough
Haha I actually got into a minor argument with this guy over one of his videos. He made a video about a Gibson Melody Maker that was one of if not the most biased, hateful, and elitist guitar reviews I've ever seen, and I called him on it. I respectfully told him that that's not the correct way to review a guitar and he told me to "eat cock" or something to that effect.

I honestly don't know what to think about his claims toward having had multiple strokes, because I've encountered people who've suffered strokes in my life and they generally have a lot less on the ball than even he does. So yeah...whatever his deal is, he's still a douche.
StLucifer likes this.
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
He says owning a guitar without roller saddles and graphite necks is "....ing retarded" in his agile video.

I pointed out 99% of his collection does not have these features thus making all his guitars ....ing retarded.

He PM's on youtube.
"you are fat and your parents would enjoy if you killed yourself"

Its okay though he is a mentally retarded stroke victim.

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
Kane's Bane

Danukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here is the video I'm sure will offend everyone on the board by slandering the mighty Agile.

It's worth a watch.
StLucifer likes this.
Unread 08-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Why do people care so much what people say on YouTube..?
Unread 08-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #9
THE. DEAD. SEASON.

FireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
"I've been left with brain damage.....can you tell?"

.... yeah we can tell. Still no excuse to be an elitist douche. I don't believe for one second he was unable to control himself and doesn't remember being such an asshole. This guy has serious issues.
StLucifer likes this.

Six's:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
ESP LTD EC-1000 - EMG 81/81
Fender Strat - Duncan Blackout/Mick Thompson Blackout, tricked out.

Seven's:
Ibanez RG7321 - Blaze/Jazz w/Blackouts Modular Preamp.
ESP LTD M-107 tricked out.

ERG's:
ESP LTD VB-400 Viper Baritone - Blackout/EMG 85
Ibanez RGA8 - D Activator 8's
Ibanez RG8

Amp stuff:
Axe FX Ultra
Mesa Oversized 4x12
Line 6 Vetta HD
Framus Dragon 4x12

Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass - EMG's
Schecter Elite 4 Bass - EMG/BQC Control.
Unread 08-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #10
music and shat

Alpenglow has a spectacular aura about
I have a hard time believing he doesn't remember making any of his hateful comments or misinformed videos when he claims in the Rondo review that he has "worked on a couple hundred, and they're all shit guitars." They might not be the highest quality, but they're far from even being close to shit guitars.
How does he remember how the couple hundred Agiles played if he has short term memory loss? Also who the hell says Agg-ile?

Even if he has some form of brain damage, that's no excuse for being one of the most elitist douchey guitar reviewers alive, and the whole "no memory of earlier videos" thing seems pretty shaky. He seems to have a pretty good memory when he's telling us how horrible x guitar brand is.
StLucifer likes this.
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #11
Fretboard Acrobat

ChrisRushing is a jewel in the rough
I could care less what this guy says on youtube but I think it's great that you guys are willing to take the bait and boost his video views even more. People like this dude THRIVE and FEED on the attention. Whether it is positive or negative....he is getting something from people reacting. The internet, especially youtube, is very powerful in this respect. Honestly, who cares if he thinks your favorite guitar is shit, if it plays well for you and suits your personal needs?
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRushing View Post
I could care less what this guy says on youtube but I think it's great that you guys are willing to take the bait and boost his video views even more. People like this dude THRIVE and FEED on the attention. Whether it is positive or negative....he is getting something from people reacting. The internet, especially youtube, is very powerful in this respect. Honestly, who cares if he thinks your favorite guitar is shit, if it plays well for you and suits your personal needs?
This, exactly this. This goes beyond this topic and youtube too.

The internet has manifested 2 things in a lot of people:

1: A vote of confidence in the notion of freedom that they can voice their opinion as much and as loud as they want to the entire world, and that nobody under the heavens can rebuke them.

2: Those who are no longer able to develop a thick skin as a result of reading cold emotionless text on their computer screen or listening to the loud opinions of the former, and then allowing their mind to consume them as negative attacks towards themselves.

Seriously, the kind of youtube comments out there make it worse than 4chan.

The best way to deal with this: Cold Silence. It is both golden and violent. Like any other troll, you do not give them the time of day. And as tempting as it is for most, do not respond. Leave them alone and don't give them the attention they desperately crave. It'll be hard when there are others who fall in the troll's trap, but at least you win the satisfaction of being the better person.

Also, by reading the topic title, I didn't even bother watching the vid. I don't need to help him boost his view count.
Mordacain, Fluxx and StLucifer like this.
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
PC rig poster boy

JPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Meh...

Ask enough questions, and you can answer anything.
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #14
Lurker

Amonihil is a jewel in the rough
From the Agile video: "If you donīt have anything nice to say, then just shut the .... up."
The irony is killing me
BucketheadRules and StLucifer like this.
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #15
OMNIHILITY

ShadowFactoryX is just really niceShadowFactoryX is just really nice
I just posted the agile vid a few days ago, and the one about his "wood doesnt affect tone" crap
the guy is a total tool
StLucifer likes this.

I like my guitar tone like I like my women, perfect rounded bottom end, cut in the mid section, heavy on the top end, and super tight.

Omnium - Atmospheric/Trance/Ambient
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
As I posted in the other thread, I don't give a .... what anyone says about Agile, I love both of mine and I will keep playing them.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 08-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #17
Coffee Cups?

Location: A place with stuff and things and people. Just kidding. Pennsylvania doesn't have all that.
SkapocalypseNow is a jewel in the rough
I feel sorry for anyone that falls for his "expertise" and buys into his guitar lessons. "Finally, guitar lessons that don't suck!"
StLucifer likes this.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Do you see some of those big imposing Securitrons with their lovely laser guns and rocket launchers and scary faces? I am not one of those.

(That's a link, by the way.)
Unread 10-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
ss.org Regular

guitarman6 is on a distinguished road
i had a neighborhood kid bought scott grove lessons and said it was no help at all, scott claims he doesnt study scales, and scales are useless,,,,scott must be a joke..and he brags how much money and how many guitars he has....a guy with one guitar can smoke his ass....
XBetrayedX and StLucifer like this.
Unread 10-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #19
ss.org Regular

guitarman6 is on a distinguished road
,i cant believe scott says wood doesnt matter, why not just buy a plastice guitar from wal mart, scott,s a jack ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFactoryX View Post
I just posted the agile vid a few days ago, and the one about his "wood doesnt affect tone" crap
the guy is a total tool
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You do know that once you get a certain amount of views google cuts you a check. Congrats on everyone funding part of his existence.
StLucifer likes this.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 10-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #21
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty much the man.
I think it's around 20,000 views per video?

I think his highest video has like... 9000 views.
StLucifer likes this.
Unread 10-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't have a clue, but people hated that Rebecca Black chick and now she is famous for sucking. Better to ignore annoying/shitty people then accidentally helping them out.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 10-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
StLucifer likes this.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
Unread 11-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #24
Downpicker \m/

ASoC is a jewel in the rough
I think the internet got to him, this is new

WARNING: Extreme Butthurt Content

StLucifer likes this.

Check out my band
soundcloud.com/a-stream-of-consciousness
https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Str...96505327048017
or follow us @ASoCBand

"There you have it, Slender. Totally wasn't scared. But, it seems as if someone poured urine on my pants and shoved mashed potatoes down the back of my pants"
-Bane
Unread 11-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #25
'Tread Lightly'

Kiwimetal101 is a jewel in the rough
^^ im watching this now....
I normally watch his stuff mainly for the reason hes got 150+ guitars, anything he says i take with a grain of salt though...
StLucifer likes this.

Wood used in Tele build comes from Captain Ukeleles: http://www.captainukuleles.co.nz/home.html
Closed Thread