homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeH
  • 1 Post By Stealthdjentstic
  • 1 Post By explosivo
  • 1 Post By MikeH
  • 3 Post By BlackMastodon
  • 2 Post By MikeH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Got a big boy job!

Went out today on a job shadowing for a marketing company and came home with a new job. Essentially what I'm doing at this point is training to become an entry-level manager. What my day will consist of for the next 3-5 months will be networking with both commercial and residential customers of Duke Energy and getting them to opt for Duke to use Direct Energy as their main provider. As some people know, Duke was a monopoly prior to 2005, and with government action in 2005 they were broken up. And they got to decide whether they wanted to be the creator of the energy and sell it to companies to distribute, or if they wanted to be a distributor. They chose to be a distributor, so now they shop 6 or 7 different energy companies every month to bring you your energy. And when they do that, the rate fluctuates. So what we do for Direct Energy is say "hey, you can eliminate all of the fees you're getting charged every month for Duke shopping for other energy and get a consistent flat rate with us." And the way that we make our money from that is by, instead of Duke giving the 7 companies 1 dollar each for their service, they give us all 7 dollars. And we make revenue off of that while saving people money. So it's a really easy service to market. After that, I work my way into an assistant manager's position, where I'm basically working in an office for someone else as their right hand. And then finally I'll be promoted to an executive, where I'll be running my own branch. And I know a lot of people are against commission-based jobs, but the way I see it is that I try it for a while and see how well I'm doing. If I don't think it's something I can excel at, I end up where I was yesterday looking for a job. I'm pretty confident in my ability, though. And that's not even out of arrogance or cockiness. The girl I shadowed today was pretty, but she didn't pitch well. And she still got 4 closings, which are $30 a piece. And I didn't even do anything and still convinced someone to do it. Plus I look damn good in my work swag :

But I'm pretty excited about it. Like I said, I'm not going to go by every figure of money they give me, just because they spice it up to pull people in that they want working for them, but I'm going to give it a college try and see where it goes.
VBCheeseGrater likes this.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Commission based jobs are the best, the only people that complain about them are ones who cannot sell for shit.

Also, you look really young man, I always thought you had a few years on me?
MikeH likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
I'm only 20, dude! How old did you think I was?

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
oh you look way younger
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Bring the gain

Yeah, I usually have a bit of scruff to my face. But I decided to clean up for the interview. If I could grow a real beard, I'd let it grow out again. But not until it comes in full.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
It must be a generational thing, but if someone told me 10 years ago that in the future everyone would have their picture taken in their bathroom I would have laughed.
What is that you're wearing on your head there? I can't tell if it's a beanie or a cap or what.

Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

explosivo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would totally buy energy from you if you showed up to my door dressed like that!
MikeH likes this.
explosivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Bring the gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
It must be a generational thing, but if someone told me 10 years ago that in the future everyone would have their picture taken in their bathroom I would have laughed.
What is that you're wearing on your head there? I can't tell if it's a beanie or a cap or what.
It's where the mirror is!

Also, this:

It's a flat cap.
Hollowway likes this.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fix that collar son!

Congratulations man, more money means more gear.
-42- is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
Bring the gain

I have a bit of catching up to do in my savings before I start buying gear. But it will be glorious when I save for a new 7. Really aiming for an RG927QM. Demz purty.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Banned

Eric Christian is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Went out today on a job shadowing for a marketing company and came home with a new job. Essentially what I'm doing at this point is training to become an entry-level manager. What my day will consist of for the next 3-5 months will be networking with both commercial and residential customers of Duke Energy and getting them to opt for Duke to use Direct Energy as their main provider. As some people know, Duke was a monopoly prior to 2005, and with government action in 2005 they were broken up. And they got to decide whether they wanted to be the creator of the energy and sell it to companies to distribute, or if they wanted to be a distributor. They chose to be a distributor, so now they shop 6 or 7 different energy companies every month to bring you your energy. And when they do that, the rate fluctuates. So what we do for Direct Energy is say "hey, you can eliminate all of the fees you're getting charged every month for Duke shopping for other energy and get a consistent flat rate with us." And the way that we make our money from that is by, instead of Duke giving the 7 companies 1 dollar each for their service, they give us all 7 dollars. And we make revenue off of that while saving people money. So it's a really easy service to market. After that, I work my way into an assistant manager's position, where I'm basically working in an office for someone else as their right hand. And then finally I'll be promoted to an executive, where I'll be running my own branch. And I know a lot of people are against commission-based jobs, but the way I see it is that I try it for a while and see how well I'm doing. If I don't think it's something I can excel at, I end up where I was yesterday looking for a job. I'm pretty confident in my ability, though. And that's not even out of arrogance or cockiness. The girl I shadowed today was pretty, but she didn't pitch well. And she still got 4 closings, which are $30 a piece. And I didn't even do anything and still convinced someone to do it. Plus I look damn good in my work swag :
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...04195081_n.jpg

But I'm pretty excited about it. Like I said, I'm not going to go by every figure of money they give me, just because they spice it up to pull people in that they want working for them, but I'm going to give it a college try and see where it goes.
Congrats. Now use this as a stepping stone to find an even better job.
Eric Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Congratulations on the new job as a news boy in the 1930's.
Seriously though, congrats man, sounds like it'll be pretty awesome.
MikeH, skeels and Metal_Webb like this.

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.
BlackMastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats! Now Workaholics that shit!

avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #14
Bring the gain

Well, I don't smoke weed. And I live with my girlfriend. And I don't really work in a cubicle.

avenger and patata like this.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
Assman McTrollster

axxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to all
Money rocks !! It lets you buy pretty gear!!

The WIP Thread
Give feedback to others, and get some in return on your works in progress!

musical exploration - Check out my site.
check it out! [ SoundCloud ] [ YouTube Channel ][ Instagram ]

Looking for great strings for your ERG?
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sig...pic36618_2.gif
axxessdenied is offline   Reply With Quote