homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Hwat you call me?

guambomb832 is just really niceguambomb832 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My airsoft rig!(And explanation of airsoft mechanics)

It would be pretty cool to see some other airsofters here on the ss.org board! Anyway, here is my current airsoft rig!
My gun, A&K Magpul Masada aka ACR:

My rig, a high ground gear chest rig(also pictured is my WE 1911 gas blowback):

Some details on the gun:
Modified gearbox internals which consists of a short-stroked polycarb piston and aluminum ported piston head with ball bearings, new shim job, and a new stronger spring.

Short-stroking is the act of filing down the last tooth of a piston which basically increases the gun's rate of fire and relives stress on the piston teeth. The aluminum ported piston head with ball bearings is a quick fix to make an airsoft gun louder. Aluminum makes a nice metal "clank" when it hits the end of the gearbox. The ported part of the piston allows the o-ring on the piston to expand via the air intake from the porting, creating a better air seal, which in term makes a very small variation in FPS. Ball bearings allows the spring of the gun to spin in the piston, relieving stress on the spring.

Shimming is super important to an airsoft gearbox. If gears freely float on any surface, this makes them flimsy, unstable, and this can cause unnecessary wear on the gears and the actual gearbox shell. With shimming, this elevates the shaft of an airsoft gear, which allows the maximum potential of transferring torque via the airsoft motor. The stock shim job lacked any logical placement. My new shim job on this gun allowed maximum transfer of torque from my motor, to the gears, to the piston, which then fires off the bb.

The stronger spring, well, is stronger, which in turn increases the FPS of my gun. More details, it is a M115 spring, and when shooting .25 gram bbs with an M115 spring, you get about 350-360 FPS, which is what I was going for. With .20s and .25s, for each .05 change in weight +/- the FPS by +/- approximately 20 FPS.

Now onto the gun, this is a pretty good gun that performed pretty awesome without any modifications. As you can see from the picture, I have 2 grips on there. The one closest to the magwell is a gripod, which functions as a grip and with a push of a button, a spring-loaded bipod shoots out of the bottom. It comes in very handy when hiding under some brush or in the proned position. The other grip is a magpul angled fore-grip. The idea of this grip is that it increases the natural ergonomic way of how to actual grip a gun(coke-can hold, c clamp hold: basically fully extended your non-trigger arm and grasp onto the RIS like holding a coke-can parallel to the ground). It's functionality is to make shooting a gun more comfortable and to decrease horizontal muzzle drift, and with airsoft with it being as inaccurate already, will come in really handy. I use magpul p-mags(long and short) with my gun. Their light, sturdy, and feed the bbs well. The flash hider is a socom gear licensed noveske sound amplifying flash hider. This thing also makes my gun louder, so whenever I fire a shot, people all around me flinch and even my teammates take cover

My chest rig I just got yesterday, and it is to date the lightest chest rig out there. It basically consisted of just MOLLE straps to attach magazine pouches and other MOLLE capable devices. Just the bare necessities. I can't wait to try it out and the next game around here.

The WE 1911 is pretty good, but currently I'm having some gas consumption problems. I will fire a couple rounds out of the mag, and then boom comes out all the gas at once, and you're hand smells like gas, and you can't shoot off anymore rounds. I'm currently going to replace this gun with a KJW 1911, because I'm a huge fan of the classic M1911.

Thanks for looking, and it doesn't matter if you paintball or airsoft, whatever is fun for you is fun for you

You gotta pay the troll toll, to get into the boy's hole.

My bandcamp for my music project, Guamskyy. Enjoy!
guambomb832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Giver of the Likes

Nile is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
.... yes, love airsoft.

I don't have much money so I own a JG G36. It is all stock and I've done literally nothing to it and its just so stupidly accurate for being such a cheap Chinese gun out of the box.
I can accurately hit a small target at 100 feet. 80-90% of the shots hit.

Had it for probably 2 years now and I use .25/.28 bbs with it. Shoots probably 310-320 fps I'm guessing.

Only real problem is the speed of the bbs because when I'm shooting at someone close range even on full auto I miss because the bbs just aren't flying fast enough to hit them before they are already on the move.

Oh and .... if I am shooting on the move my bbs become so inaccurate even if I am aiming right on them its amazing. I can't be moving if I want to hit them.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Dat ACR though is some sexy stuff. How accurate is it?

PUSSIES DON'T SIGN NEG REP.

Nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Hwat you call me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nile View Post
.... yes, love airsoft.

I don't have much money so I own a JG G36. It is all stock and I've done literally nothing to it and its just so stupidly accurate for being such a cheap Chinese gun out of the box.
I can accurately hit a small target at 100 feet. 80-90% of the shots hit.

Had it for probably 2 years now and I use .25/.28 bbs with it. Shoots probably 310-320 fps I'm guessing.

Only real problem is the speed of the bbs because when I'm shooting at someone close range even on full auto I miss because the bbs just aren't flying fast enough to hit them before they are already on the move.

Oh and .... if I am shooting on the move my bbs become so inaccurate even if I am aiming right on them its amazing. I can't be moving if I want to hit them.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Dat ACR though is some sexy stuff. How accurate is it?
Actually one of the mods I did to it was to replace the stock barrel with a 6.03 tightbore barrel. It increased the accuracy quite a bit. I would say the most worthwhile upgrades to an airsoft gun is to replace the hop-up bucking, putting a tight-bore barrel on, and re-shimming.

Yeah I think my friend has that gun, it's surprisingly really good for a low-cost gun out of the box. And yes, airsoft is stupid inaccurate

Unread 06-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Giver of the Likes

Nile is a jewel in the rough
Is the ACR an AEG?

If so what battery do you run.

PUSSIES DON'T SIGN NEG REP.

Nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
Hwat you call me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nile View Post
Is the ACR an AEG?

If so what battery do you run.
Yes it is an AEG, I run a 9.6V 1600 maH battery, it gives me a pretty fast ROF, I would say 18-20 rps. But with the short-stroked piston, it should give me a little faster ROF.

Unread 06-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Kick em in the nuts!

BlackWinds10 is a glorious beacon of lightBlackWinds10 is a glorious beacon of lightBlackWinds10 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I really want to get back into airsoft, but one of my bushings broke in my gearbox after a long series of problems, so I just gave up on trying to fix it. Still have it though, JG MK36. I want to try and sell one of my workout machines so I can just upgrade the gearbox and get some other parts and make it a sleeper gun, says JG on the gun, but sure as hell isn't on the inside lol.

Carvin DC7X Purple Cali Burst Kiesel Treated (incoming)
EBMM JP12-7 Rosewood Neck
EBMM JP6 PDN Neptune Blue Roasted Neck
Ibanez RG8 White
Axe FX Ultra

BlackWinds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Is a Fat Bird

Ocara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of lightOcara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of lightOcara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of light
Sweet rig. I just ordered a smart charger and a spare battery along with a second magazine for my M4 S-System. I intend to get a second magazine for my co2 pistol, and I'm having an airsoft war tomorrow .

I happen to provide affordable online session drumming, drum programming, mixing, and mastering! Hit me up via PM if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/midst-of-time-instrumental
Ocara-Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

rekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud ofrekab has much to be proud of
These look pretty cool. What do you do with them though? Are there competitions for targets or shoot each other or what lol?
I do alot of shooting (typically 9mm on reactive steel range) and have seen tons of these airsoft but never knew what people used them for
rekab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
Hwat you call me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekab View Post
These look pretty cool. What do you do with them though? Are there competitions for targets or shoot each other or what lol?
I do alot of shooting (typically 9mm on reactive steel range) and have seen tons of these airsoft but never knew what people used them for
Thanks!

Well me, my brother(s), and a couple of my friends once a month meet up at a local paintball field and have some skirmishes, they can range from cqb style capture the flag with a game ending as fast as 30 seconds, to VIP style games and OI games (Objects of Interest), and those games can last as long as and hour and a half. The turnout rate of these skirmishes are almost always 50+, so it's fun to shoot some people without consequence

I would like to own a real gun one day, but I know I'm not responsible enough to own one, so I'll stick to replicas. Besides, if you were to have a real gun fight with your buddies, that wouldn't work out so well

Unread 06-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
Where's my burrito?!

Electric Wizard is a glorious beacon of lightElectric Wizard is a glorious beacon of lightElectric Wizard is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sweet rig. I used to play a lot but sadly am in the process of selling off my stuff (growing up is no fun). The last loadout I made was a PMC type thing:

OD maritime CIRAS and Condor tactical fllece on top of khaki pants.
Marui AK
Cyma Glock 18

Super simple, better layering than just bdus, and I could be in public after games without looking too much like a weird paramilitary person. Nice Masada by the way, I've been jelly of people with them since they came out.
Electric Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote