homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #76
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by guambomb832 View Post
Get this bad boy right here:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...71/cobalt1.jpg

Arguably the most aggressive and beautiful captive tarantula out there!
I found one of those in the woods once as a small child. It must have escaped, because I have a feeling blue tarantulas aren't native to the PNW
pink freud is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #77
That guy...

kerska is a jewel in the rough
I caught a spider once and kept him for a while and would feed him and what not. He was hanging out on my porch for like 3 weeks so I said .... it and brought him inside. He wasn't even half the size of that sucker, but he got to be pretty big...about the size of my thumb and he was only about the size of my thubnail when I took him in. I named him Peter (as in Peter Parker.)

Spiders need love too.
kerska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #78
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerska View Post
Spiders need love too.

No. No, they don't.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #79
PC rig poster boy

JPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
That's actually really cool. I'm not sure I would have let him live if I'd have found him in my house, so I'll just enjoy your pictures and videos.

Most of the spiders I see around here are boring brown colors. And if I see them in my house I will kill them indiscriminately. I think there's a good reason most people have an instinctive aversion to them. I'll admire them as creatures all day long... with either a sealed tank or the internet between they and I.
Zeno likes this.

Ask enough questions, and you can answer anything.
JPhoenix19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #80
"This is the end...

Furtive Glance is a glorious beacon of lightFurtive Glance is a glorious beacon of lightFurtive Glance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Now we lie in wait for your fat neighbour douche to show up and BAM.

This is the end of dog racing."
Furtive Glance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #81
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^Now I see Faine's plan. Now everything makes sense.

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.

"Aw man you got toilet water on your dick? I'm mad for you." - axxessdenied
BlackMastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #82
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furtive Glance View Post
Now we lie in wait for your fat neighbour douche to show up and BAM.
Hahahah!!!
Faine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #83
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well it least a spider bite is more worthy of panic than a cat bite

I like this idea...

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #84
SS.org Regular

wizbit81 is a jewel in the rough
I stomped one tarantula outside my house in Cyprus once, and nailed another one that was lurking in my shower. Sneaky hair throwing feckers.
wizbit81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #85
SS.org Regular

Jontain is just really niceJontain is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by guambomb832 View Post
Get this bad boy right here:

Arguably the most aggressive and beautiful captive tarantula out there!
That is beautiful! Tarantula's are very cool, I love how mean they look when they get on their back legs and show off their fangs.

"Come closer boy..."

I remember helping my brother out at the pet shop he worked in and they had a baboon Tarantula that was very aggressive, feeding it was ... interesting lol.
Jontain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #86
Guitar Whore

Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.
I think the little guy looks awesome. I too am curious as to what type of spider it is.

I really have no problem with spiders in general. Some of you would freak out at the site of some of the wolf spiders around my yard and the yards of some of my landscaping clients. Also the abundance of garden spiders around here would keep people inside for days

The only one I absolutely DESPISE are Black Widows. I see them sometimes. Those are some mean looking bastards. Plus I know those things could hurt me or some one else.

Guitars: Jackson USA - ESP - Schecter USA - Ibanez
Amps: Marshall - Carvin - Line 6
Church2224 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #87
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church2224 View Post
I think the little guy looks awesome. I too am curious as to what type of spider it is.

I really have no problem with spiders in general. Some of you would freak out at the site of some of the wolf spiders around my yard and the yards of some of my landscaping clients. Also the abundance of garden spiders around here would keep people inside for days

The only one I absolutely DESPISE are Black Widows. I see them sometimes. Those are some mean looking bastards. Plus I know those things could hurt me or some one else.
FYI there venom is only potentially deadly to those with allergies and babies.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #88
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold

He's webbin it up in there
Unread 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #89
Custom Shop

Jinogalpa is just really niceJinogalpa is just really nice
i clicked on this thread ....

thedonal and Ayo7e like this.
Jinogalpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #90
Guitar Whore

Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint757 View Post
FYI there venom is only potentially deadly to those with allergies and babies.
True, but can't you get sick or get some necrosis from the bite?

Unread 06-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #91
SS.org Regular

Quote:
True, but can't you get sick or get some necrosis from the bite?
It's possible (bacteria and whatnot), but that is more common with brown recluse bites which I've seen the damage they do 3 weeks down it will eat the flesh all the way to the bone right over the bite. It is quite gnarly. I'd equate it more to a bee sting or wasp sting except it hurts worse and probably makes you nauseous. I think the effects only last like 3 hours though or something like that. Babies have a high fatality rate though from black widows if I'm not mistaken, either way I'd avoid them.
nothingleft09 likes this.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 06-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #92
Guitar Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint757 View Post
It's possible (bacteria and whatnot), but that is more common with brown recluse bites which I've seen the damage they do 3 weeks down it will eat the flesh all the way to the bone right over the bite. It is quite gnarly. I'd equate it more to a bee sting or wasp sting except it hurts worse and probably makes you nauseous. I think the effects only last like 3 hours though or something like that. Babies have a high fatality rate though from black widows if I'm not mistaken, either way I'd avoid them.
Ah I did not know that, does not sound bad and we do not have brown recluse spiders at all, which is good. Thanks for the info.

I saw a black widow the other day and had to kill it because it was living on the trashcan in the yard of one of my elderly landscaping customers. So if they were bitten they would become seriously sick.

Anyway, any ideas of what kind of spider is this new pet? Looks awesome!

Unread 06-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #93
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Im actually kind of liking this thread more, more br00tal videos please.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #94
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Ah I did not know that, does not sound bad and we do not have brown recluse spiders at all, which is good. Thanks for the info.

I saw a black widow the other day and had to kill it because it was living on the trashcan in the yard of one of my elderly landscaping customers. So if they were bitten they would become seriously sick.

Anyway, any ideas of what kind of spider is this new pet? Looks awesome!
Better safe than sorry

Not 100% on my info if you're really interested I suggest google for it is all knowing

brown recluse are native to galveston so I see them all the time. They like attics, dirty clothes and furniture.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 06-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #95
Playing guitar.

Here's a picture of him eating another huge ass spider and he suspended it in air with one of his webs

AcousticMinja likes this.
Unread 06-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #96
..to pay the beels

skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
A friend of mine use to keep spiders in a little jar habitat.

And then 1 day he threw in an earwig he captured.

Mean freaking bugs those earwigs...

Btw They can also survive being doused with kerosene, lit on fire and for several minutes in the microwave...
skeels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #97
The Wrong Advices

Kwirk is a glorious beacon of lightKwirk is a glorious beacon of lightKwirk is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You should post a picture with it next to a quarter or something so I can get a feel on how big it actually is..
Kwirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #98
Playing guitar.

^ there's no way I'm putting my hand next to that thing lol
Unread 06-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #99
..to pay the beels

skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.skeels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
^Youre scared of Lyle?
skeels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #100
SS.org Regular

guitareben is a jewel in the rough
Did no-one notice this? :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter8451 View Post
I have one of these running around in my bedroom. I'm guessing it is a wolf spider?

Over the winter I was watching a movie in my room sitting on the floor and I felt something tickle my foot, I looked down and a wolf spider about the size of a 50 cent piece was on it

I see him from time to time.

Nice pet
Anyway, I really like this thread Love the pics and videos, keep em coming . Also, if you do another video, can you video it capturing/hunting/stalking the 'food' you put in there? That would be groovy
guitareben is offline   Reply With Quote