homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:43 AM   #101
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
-42-

When he registered on here he wasn't sure what to put for his username then remembered that 42 is the answer to everything.

Fiction

Lives by "lifes not real man."
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #102
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletstand View Post
Fiction

Lives by "lifes not real man."
I preferred all the Suave and Knowledgeable comments, but this is close-ish I guess. I don't think lifes not real, but I sure as hell don't treat it as well as I could

My name actually has no meaning, it was just a word

[Fiction] 1:47 pm: she could probably toss a salad with that thing
Fiction is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #103
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
I think you're trying to psych us out, saying it doesn't mean anything but it being some kind of post-modern ironic comment. *laugh*

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #104
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
BrainArt: Like Jackson Pollock but he uses brains. (Herrman Nitsch I guess?)

highlordmugfug and BrainArt like this.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:57 AM   #105
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
I think you're trying to psych us out, saying it doesn't mean anything but it being some kind of post-modern ironic comment. *laugh*

The intro to this song, is this thread.
broj15 likes this.
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #106
SIGN YO REP

Captain Shoggoth is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If mine's a stupid in-joke, then I'm sure a decent number of usernames are.

Or maybe just me

<a href=http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg</a>

"we could package a couple turds inside the guitar, so it'd smell like shit all the time"-dean guitars

"She's a girl. It could mean ANYTHING."-Konfyouzd
Captain Shoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #107
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Quote:
Maybe, Maybe not.

You shall see..

[Fiction] 1:47 pm: she could probably toss a salad with that thing
Fiction is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 04:37 AM   #108
Lefty

Phrygian is just really nicePhrygian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Phyrgian not only refers to the scale, but to me also means he's another theory whore.

You would be surprised at my lack of theretical knowledge

Explorer: First thing that came to mind - Internet Explorer.

Necris:

Synrgy: Must be an Extol fan!

My Delirium

Gear:
]
FOR SALE -Carvin DC800

Mayones Regius 7
Axe FX II
Matrix gt1000fx
Zilla super fatboy 2x12
Phrygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #109
SS.org Regular

Edika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Since Necris obviously has Bonitis (real condition, nothing to laugh about) I believe he is trying to laugh off his inevitable future!

Toiletstand reminds us of the possible horrors of a post apocalyptic world where toilets have had enough of being the receptacles of our waste and have taken over the world by force and extortion (they know to much!!).

I will agree with the assessment of -42-'s name as the answer of all questions unless at a panicky state of not coming up with a cool name he thought "How many roads must a man walk? Why 42!". No wait...

BrainArt I mistakenly misread as BrainFArt which is unfair since his nick is brainy and artsy. Unless of course he actually experienced a brain fart while writing the name which led to BrainArt!

Captain Shoggoth rose from the ranks of Shoggoths with lots of hard work and showing initiative in the excursions to destroy the various dimensions of the cosmos and of course devour unlucky human (and alien) beings. It's not easy to be noticed by The Elders from a mass of amorphous amoeba like creatures but he managed to do so! So big kudos and I'll be proudly devoured by the captain of the Shoggoths and not a mere foot soldier!

New songs from my band Semic Stains up at:

http://www.myspace.com/semicstains

Check 'em out!
Edika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #110
SS.org Regular

Edika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of light
Skeels is a guy that is obviously got some skills but not so much in orthography of the English language. It is understandable for foreigners to not be able to be perfect in another language. I am sure his American are perfect :P!

Fun111 is obviously NSFW, you should call him after hours in the comfort of your own home. A nice wine, some candles and soft jazz should set the mood !

After 6 previous tries BlindingLight7 acheived his goal of blinding people with light in mid day. Now the sun seems like a 15W bulb in his presence!

Hollowway obviously influenced by the Manga/Anime culture is showing his profound love for Bleach but at the same time shows his dark side by choosing the side of the Hollows and not Ichigo. I agree since a guy having a babe like Inoue lusting for him and putting a brave frond would be better off with Ishida (there's a lot of "tension" in that relationship)!

Scherzo1928 while a funny guy should upgrade his material in his stand up comedy. Jokes from 1928 ain't gonna cut it at today's fast pace humor!

The Reverend while might be mistaken for a religious figure from most people is actually revered by his peers. Calling himself The Revered is not so cool sounding and might seem a little pretentious, especially for such a revered person!

Setsuna7 hmm, I'll need a moment to think about it or maybe 7...

Please somebody stop me...I'm in stupid mode!!
scherzo1928 likes this.

Check 'em out!
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #111
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Setsuna is from Gundam 00

Others I don't feel like writing from my phone. Also I'm white as hell I just like the band a lot and the color sounded cool; it being my favorite power ranger from when I was a kid is just coincidence.

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.
BlackMastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #112
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Remember JJ Rodriguez, and that whole thing on another website about his Army of Mexicans? *laugh* Not even Latino....
highlordmugfug likes this.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #113
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
Edika's name makes me think of the song "Pussy" by Rammstein.
You have a pussyyyyy. I have a dick-ah.

a dick-ah = edika
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #114
Smeller of Smells

SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
Honestly, folks. It's his freaking avatar!

SenorDingDong =

(Apologies for the shit quality. Couldn't find a better one..)

No signature because censored blah blah blah.
SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #115
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
I think I'm going to do a last call for anyone still interested in trying my name, then I'll tell.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #116
Disciple of Djod

Vostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to all
Max of Metal: he just loves his mother and enjoy having MOM as a name
Explorer: Ford FTW
Razzy: Ozzy with a rat face

Mine is quite easy for those who speak french

"Solid-state - A component that has been specifically designed to make a guitar amplifier sound bad. Compared to tubes, these devices can have a very long lifespan, which guarantees that your amplifier will retain it's thin, lifeless, and buzzy sound for a long time to come."

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD
Vostre Roy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #117
Five Align

Lagtastic is just really niceLagtastic is just really nice
I enjoy setting the WAN interface on my router to half duplex or sometimes doing some bandwidth shaping, causing me to lag while playing FPS or 3rd person shooters online. Been doing it since SOCOM 2 on PS2, where some guy was extremely pissed and coined my nickname during a yelling rant. Yes, I'm that guy.
Lagtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #118
windowlicker

poisonelvis is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/poisonelvis is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/poisonelvis is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/poisonelvis is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/poisonelvis is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/poisonelvis is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/poisonelvis is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
i use this pic from a picstory i did here,and my name is a old band name i loved that nobody else liked.to each their own i guess

I always wear a helmet,it protects my hair.
poisonelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #119
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBOV View Post
Edika's name makes me think of the song "Pussy" by Rammstein.
You have a pussyyyyy. I have a dick-ah.

a dick-ah = edika
Hahahaha nice one but not even close! Reped nevertheless!

Check 'em out!
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #120
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Édika is a french cartoonist.

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Unread 05-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #121
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenhawk View Post
Jakke - Obscure Swedish metal guitarist that probably knows In Flames personally.
I wish... And actually quite racist to assume we all know each other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
Jakke: I think of the vocalist of Dimension Zero, even though I can't remember whether or not that's his name.
His name's Jesper, so not that far away

Interesting you seemed to come to roughly the same conclusion, but it's much more simple.
My name is Jakob, Jakob --> Jakke.

Unread 05-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #122
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
Jakke Chan.

My name is pretty obviously a Douglas Adams reference, but there's a bit more to it than that.
highlordmugfug and Bigfan like this.
-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #123
Pretty wisdomous

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
Jakke Chan.

My name is pretty obviously a Douglas Adams reference, but there's a bit more to it than that.
New title + repped

Unread 05-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #124
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
BrainArt: Like Jackson Pollock but he uses brains. (Herrman Nitsch I guess?)
The hilarious thing is that this isn't that far off from the truth. I've told the origins of my name so many times, I'm not going to do it again. People can just keep guess.

Adam of Angels' name is Adam and he's an angel, hence his username.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #125
:O

Cabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to behold
SchecterWhore - The currency used to purchase his one night stand offer
-42- - How old he actually is
Cabinet is offline   Reply With Quote