homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By djpharoah
  • 1 Post By djpharoah
  • 4 Post By frank falbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 134 reviews
Unhappy Frank Falbo is leaving Seymour Duncan

Just finished talking to our good friend Mr. Frank Falbo and he told me some news that I feel we should all know.

Here's the thread on the SD Forums - but here's his post on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo View Post
Well it's been over 5 years since this thread:.

Welcome Our New Sr. Manager of Product Development - Seymour Duncan User Group Forums

Who remembers that?! It has been a wild ride but now it is time for me to move on!

I think we've been able to release a lot of amazing things since that thread. from P-Rails to the Liberator, Blackouts Modular Preamps to Deja Vu's and Double Backs. Zephyrs to 59/Custom Hybrids, Alternative 8's to YJM Fury's, Mick Thomson Blackouts, and Alnico II Pro Slash. Antiquity JB/Jazz, additional Stack Plus models, to Blackouts for Bass and the NYC..

Then there are the experiences, from flying to Yngwie's house to going to Slash's studio to sort out his signature pickup, to playing with Seymour to open up for Steve Miller at our 35th anniversary benefit concert. Drilling for a Multi-Source install while James Taylor bear-hugged his guitar for me, hanging with Seymour and MJ every week, hearing their great stories to stuffing my face at our stomach-stretching pot luck lunches. Repairing Angus' #1 and #2 guitars, modding Gus G's ESP's, I could go on for days.

While I can not say what is next, I promise you it will be exciting. Of course I was a forum member before I was your product VP, that won't change.

As for Seymour Duncan, they have always been committed to listening to their customers. That won't change either.. Your voice is powerful. Keep telling SD what you want. They are listening!
Thanks a lot for your efforts and work at Seymour Duncan especially from us extended range guys - wishing you all the best in your future adventures.
Durero, Randy, Marv Attaxx and 3 others like this.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
I suck at guitar.

ConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of lightConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of lightConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's sad to hear. Well all the best to him, some great stuff has come out over the years and I hope it continues for Seymour Duncan and for him personally.
ConnorGilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Sad news indeed but I'm excited to see what Frank does in the future. I also hope that a big fan of SD they don't stop the innovation and awesome products they've been putting out!
Empryrean likes this.
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
ಠ_ಠ

Marv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to all
I always appreciated that he maintained close contact to the customers. Didn't he organise some custom pickups for ss.org
members? And he always gave good advice, too
Marv Attaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Frank has always been very very helpful. I'm interested to see where he goes next
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Damn that does suck. Wonder what Frank will be doing in the future? It was nice having someone who was on the inside posting directly on the forum. Thanks for the heads up Mesh!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Wow, best of luck to what he wants to do now. He has always been a likeable guy, and has always been helpful, his replacement will have big shoes to fill.

Good luck Frank I say

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Undecided forever

Empryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
RIP Seymour Duncan

all jokes aside, I'm curious where Frank is headed now, he's always been one I enjoy to hear news from.

[ry_z] 4:17 am: You looked tiredness in the face, flexed, and canceled it.
Empryrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
Kahler Abuser

Ironbird is a jewel in the rough
Sad news, Frank is great and he seems to be tuned in to what the average player wants. His demo videos on YouTube are always fun to watch, too.

Leave no stone unturned until I'm done.
Ironbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
Many Fingers

Valennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So he's the guy I should've asked if they'd do 7 string P-rails in the custom shop

Sucks that he left, hope they keep moving forward.

Affiliated with Ace Music of Newville, PA.

Valennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valennic View Post
So he's the guy I should've asked if they'd do 7 string P-rails in the custom shop

Sucks that he left, hope they keep moving forward.
Well you can still call up SD and talk to MJ at the custom shop and ask that.
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #12
Many Fingers

Valennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
Well you can still call up SD and talk to MJ at the custom shop and ask that.
Too true, just would've been convenient. I'd forgotten phones possessed that ability >_>

Back to mourning

Affiliated with Ace Music of Newville, PA.

Valennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

frank falbo is a splendid one to beholdfrank falbo is a splendid one to beholdfrank falbo is a splendid one to beholdfrank falbo is a splendid one to beholdfrank falbo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
BUUUUUUMP!!!!

Thanks for the kind words here, guys. I did see them awhile back, but for various reasons couldn't jump in on the discussion.

Although it does not contain djent, here's one of the things I've been working on for the past several months. Just figured I'd share. I promise I'm working on other things that are djenty, that I will be able to reveal over the next 3-9 months. But for now, this:

Falbo Guitars
frank falbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valennic View Post
Too true, just would've been convenient. I'd forgotten phones possessed that ability >_>

Back to mourning
I tried that once was told 'no parts for them'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank falbo View Post
BUUUUUUMP!!!!

Thanks for the kind words here, guys. I did see them awhile back, but for various reasons couldn't jump in on the discussion.

Although it does not contain djent, here's one of the things I've been working on for the past several months. Just figured I'd share. I promise I'm working on other things that are djenty, that I will be able to reveal over the next 3-9 months. But for now, this:

Falbo Guitars
Stuck at work, so can't really want your video about things (see satelite internet in the middle of nowhere = dial up

Acoustics though, interesting (and better than anything 'djenty' could ever be). Not that I play em myself, for comfort reasons.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote