homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrial View Post
Based on this...
....it, all my future songs will be 17.5 cents flat.
Yes, my reference is now 666 Hz

Metal_Webb likes this.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #27
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
When I was in recording school we had to record stuff over some German Symphony music that one of my teachers had recorded.

He had to tell all us wanking guitar players to re-tune to A442. Apparently that's what symphonies tune to in Germany.

You'd have no idea just listening to it though.
AxeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #28
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
QUICK! SOMEONE MUST ALERT TUNEINRECORDS!

He, the only vangard against the conspiracy, he cannot be left out!
I have also alerted fellow truthseekers Chopra and Icke, they are currently probing the astral dimensions for answers as to how we can stop this blight.

THIS IS GOING TO BE ROSWELL ALL OVER AGAIN! OH GAWD, NOT ROSWELL AGAIN!!
Demiurge, Bigfan and Pooluke41 like this.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
Sonderkommando

MrGignac is a jewel in the rough
I think they changed the tuning because the of the instruments back then needed to be louder in the concert halls, thats all. no mind control notes.
MrGignac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #30
SS.org Regular

Ryan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of light
Y no mention of Greek's outlawing certain modes for fear people would be lazy and indulgent if they listened to Lydian music? :disappoint:

It's really old!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_mode
Bigfan likes this.
Ryan-ZenGtr- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #31
SS.org Regular

UnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of lightUnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of lightUnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There has been a topic on this a few years and it was hilarious. I believe some of the posts came down to "but using 432hz give you nicer numbers".
Discussion on 432hz

There are a lot of Dutch websites on 432hz (for some reason, out of our 17 million people, a ....ing LOAD love their conspiracy theories...) and they're all related to Zionist/Nazi/UFO/Illuminati conspiracies.

Thing is, a lot of the "432hz sounds better!" samples I've heard sound better because they not only changed the frequency but also seem to have polished the files a bit. It's like downloading a high resolution photograph after having seen the awfully compressed Facebook version. Of course it's going to look better.

SPEEDGURU - fuzz/doom/death
http://www.facebook.com/speedgurudoom
UnderTheSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #32
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheSign View Post
There has been a topic on this a few years and it was hilarious. I believe some of the posts came down to "but using 432hz give you nicer numbers".
Discussion on 432hz

There are a lot of Dutch websites on 432hz (for some reason, out of our 17 million people, a ....ing LOAD love their conspiracy theories...) and they're all related to Zionist/Nazi/UFO/Illuminati conspiracies.

Thing is, a lot of the "432hz sounds better!" samples I've heard sound better because they not only changed the frequency but also seem to have polished the files a bit. It's like downloading a high resolution photograph after having seen the awfully compressed Facebook version. Of course it's going to look better.
That's the thing the reference pitch may give nicer numbers but at the end of the day the size of the intervals don't change within the system being utilized for composition (presumably the usual 12-edo), whether tuned to the reference pitch of A 432, 439.6, 440, 444 the temperament itself doesn't change. C to C# in 12-edo is still 100 cents regardless of your reference pitch and due to that fact no change in reference pitch fixes the inaccuracies inherent in any tempered system. A major third in 12-edo will still be 13 2/3 cents too sharp and a minor third will be 15 2/3 cents too flat.

The idea that 432 is somehow more correct may have rose from the fact that the representation of the seventh partial ( a just interval of 7/4 or 968.826 cents)in A 440 12-edo is sharp by roughly 31 cents (represented as 1000 cents in 12-edo) and lowering the tuning by roughly 31 cents and reaching 432hz will fix the issue of the A440 tuned 12 tone systems inaccurate reproduction of that partial, but people seem to glaze over the fact that this comes at the cost of making reproductions of other partials either too sharp or too flat.

This is just like what would happen if you were to tune your guitar to reproduce the most pure representation of an A minor chord, pure in the terms of western music meaning minimal "beating" between notes. The A minor chord would sound perfect and other chords would sound terribly off.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #33
All Fourths Advocate

Waelstrum is just really niceWaelstrum is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheSign View Post
Discussion on 432hz

As I recall, the website cited in that thread had the samples arranged so that you listen to the 432Hz version, then the 440Hz version. They did that so you get the 432Hz as your reference point. Then when you listen to the 440Hz version it sounds sharp.
Necris and Bigfan like this.
Waelstrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
SS.org Regular

ixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Webb View Post
Hmm, many people aye? Lets have a look at those references...

7)Horowitz LG. Walk on Water. Sandpoint, ID: Tetrahedron Press, 2005.
22) Horowitz LG. LOVE528.com website and the online journal HYDROSONICS provides much information on the 528Hz frequency.

Lets have a quick look at the paper title.....

MUSICAL CULT CONTROL:
THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION’S WAR ON CONSCIOUSNESS THROUGH THE IMPOSITION OF A=440HZ STANDARD TUNING

by
Leonard G. Horowitz
Yeah i've spent some time studying Leonard Horowitz' websites, the A432 sites etc. and they are totally full of krap. I'm not being defensive and quick to change the subject as stated in the first post, this stuff can be shot down in flames very easily.

Personally i do like to harmonise my microtonal scales to astronomical frequencies instead of A440, but simply because i like the idea and think some variety in frequency is a good thing. Any frequency is fine, none are harmful.

There is a related issue that music across the world is being modernised and increasingly locked to A440 / 12 equal temperament. The result is that only 12 frequencies, plus their octaves, remain from the infinite spectrum of frequency. That could become tiresome and fatiguing. I prefer the idea of variety.

It is as if there were only 12 equallly spaced tempos allowed to be used, plus doubles and halves. No one would stand for it ...
"I wanna use 79.31 bpm, that's the groove that feels right!"
"Can't use that it's out of tempo!"
ixlramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #35
SS.org Regular

ixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud ofixlramp has much to be proud of
I made this image that shows the year frequency transposed up by many octaves until it becomes a beat, then an audible tone, and finally a frequency of light, the background colour is precisely matched to this light frequency.

You can see that the value of A4 that results in a C# in tune with the year frequency (in 12 equal temperament) is 432.098Hz, which i believe is where A432Hz originally came from as Necris stated, but the idiots dropped the .098 to make it more catchy.
ixlramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #36
SS.org Regular

UnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of lightUnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of lightUnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waelstrum View Post
As I recall, the website cited in that thread had the samples arranged so that you listen to the 432Hz version, then the 440Hz version. They did that so you get the 432Hz as your reference point. Then when you listen to the 440Hz version it sounds sharp.
Yeah, that too. Ironic how they're claiming people are being mislead, while they're (probably knowingly) doing it themselves.

SPEEDGURU - fuzz/doom/death
http://www.facebook.com/speedgurudoom
UnderTheSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #37
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I was going to print this article off so I could wipe my ass with it, but wiping my ass with something already so full of shit wouldn't make much sense.

Praise the sun!
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #38
Master of Chihuahuas

Tang is just really niceTang is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa View Post
It is readily apparent from a simple mathematical analysis that A=444Hz and A=432 Hz are harmonically related and both, reportedly, therapeutic. Prove the harmony yourself by simply subtracting 432 from 444. It yields 12; where 1+2=3 in Pythagorean math. Now take 528 and subtract 444 and you also get 12, or 3. Next, take 528 and subtract 432 to get 96; where 9+6=15; and 1+5=6. This result is identical to 5+2+8=15 or 6.

LOL well I'm 29, and 2+9=11, and 1x1=1 so I am #1 at guitar! DEAL WITH IT
Tang is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #39
SS.org Regular

groovemasta is a jewel in the rough
Lets all just stop this terrorism by not tuning anymore
Mr. Big Noodles and Waelstrum like this.
groovemasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #40
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Faine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #41
on dem hoes

makeitreign will become famous soon enough
After building your entire life around the notion that A=440hz, you can't avoid reading this.

It really works guise.
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote