homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree27Likes
  • 1 Post By Hollowway
  • 2 Post By gunshow86de
  • 6 Post By athawulf
  • 1 Post By SkapocalypseNow
  • 2 Post By Hollowway
  • 5 Post By simulclass83
  • 2 Post By TRENCHLORD
  • 2 Post By AnarchyDivine88
  • 2 Post By AnarchyDivine88
  • 2 Post By Stealthdjentstic
  • 2 Post By Mr. Big Noodles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Dear paper towel manufacturers...

Can we agree on a design for pull dispensers vs motion detection dispensers? I'm tired of looking like an idiot waving my hands under pull dispensers. I looked the other way when I took a few layers of skin off blowing my nose into your recycled tree finish, but this is the last straw!

What are you laughing at over there, barely gurgling water fountain and push-top faucet that turns off by the time my hand gets under the tap?
AnarchyDivine88 likes this.
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
is really Sasquatch.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

I just wasted your time.
AngstRiddenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
I even lift.

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Fiction and AnarchyDivine88 like this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Intrepid Jackass

Demiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I never really had a problem with the non-motorized/moving-parts dispensers where the paper towels were nested so pulling one out made the next available.

Sure, people don't want to touch things that might be touching other things in a public restroom, but guess what- if the plague is coming through again, motion-activated dispensers ain't gonna save anyone!

"I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip." -George Costanza
Demiurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

athawulf is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

athawulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Same here^
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
Coffee Cups?

Location: A place with stuff and things and people. Just kidding. Pennsylvania doesn't have all that.
SkapocalypseNow is a jewel in the rough
Wait... they're not punch activated?
AnarchyDivine88 likes this.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Do you see some of those big imposing Securitrons with their lovely laser guns and rocket launchers and scary faces? I am not one of those.

(That's a link, by the way.)
SkapocalypseNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to allflint757 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkapocalypseNow View Post
Only when Chuck Norris uses them

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athawulf View Post
No way! Ad algorithms FTW!
athawulf and flint757 like this.
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
Blast & Sweep

Thep is a name known to allThep is a name known to allThep is a name known to allThep is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm glad somebody besides me has thought that it was always such a wasteful, stupid, and needless contraption.

I was also thinking why, in the thousands of years man has made windows, we have not made a standard sliding window that is easy, and stays easy over time, to open, close, slide, and lock. In fact, its almost amazing to think how many sliding windows exist in this world, and how much the various mechanisms on them ....ing suck (...relatively).

Also, when will there be a new standard in light bulbs to where they can just clip in? Everyonce and a while you get that stubborn bulb, or the need to screw in a scolding bulb and it makes my life so terrible. They can just make adapters that screw into existing fixtures.

Not really related to the thread, but I have to get this out there: One of my professors was friends with the person who helped invent the computer mouse. It was supposed to be used with your left hand so your right hand be dedicated to the numeric key pad. Makes sense! I'm getting the hang of it.
Thep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

AnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to all
I like the motion detection dispensers. When I try to show off my sweet martial arts moves in a public restroom with a pull dispenser, I just look like some kind of "weirdo".

Actually, they're kind of annoying. I've swiped my hands in front of pull dispensers too, and I've also tried to pull the paper towels from the motion detecting ones. I agree with the part about the faucets too. Whats even worse, is the overly sensitive motion detecting urinals that flush while you're still using them and splash you. I guess in the 21st century, no matter what age you are, you're never done learning how to use the bathroom.

Quote:
In all seriousness, that works way better for me than swiping my hands in front of them. I don't think they actually respond to motion, I think they respond to asserting your dominance as the alpha male. If you can earn their respect, they'll surrender their fine grit sandpaper that they call "paper towels".
AnarchyDivine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #12
Yes, pancakes.

simulclass83 is just really nicesimulclass83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thep View Post
Not really related to the thread, but I have to get this out there: One of my professors was friends with the person who helped invent the computer mouse. It was supposed to be used with your left hand so your right hand be dedicated to the numeric key pad. Makes sense! I'm getting the hang of it.
simulclass83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
Coffee Cups?

Location: A place with stuff and things and people. Just kidding. Pennsylvania doesn't have all that.
SkapocalypseNow is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyDivine88 View Post
In all seriousness, that works way better for me than swiping my hands in front of them. I don't think they actually respond to motion, I think they respond to asserting your dominance as the alpha male. If you can earn their respect, they'll surrender their fine grit sandpaper that they call "paper towels".
Well, I was only half kidding, hitting them does work Yelling about their uselessness and how they'll never amount to anything as they're cowering there on the wall makes them a lot more efficient too.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Do you see some of those big imposing Securitrons with their lovely laser guns and rocket launchers and scary faces? I am not one of those.

(That's a link, by the way.)
SkapocalypseNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #14
blood junkie

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint757 View Post
Only when Chuck Norris uses them
Or, this guy.

AnarchyDivine88 and flint757 like this.
TRENCHLORD is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

AnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to all
Quote:
Well, I was only half kidding, hitting them does work Yelling about their uselessness and how they'll never amount to anything as they're cowering there on the wall makes them a lot more efficient too.
Sometimes if I really wanna show them who's boss, I'll piss on them. That's why the first sheet is always damp, guys, it's been me all along.
TRENCHLORD and flint757 like this.
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
blood junkie

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
So that's why my hands were all yellow lol. I thought I might be going juandice.
TRENCHLORD is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #17
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by simulclass83 View Post

Wow Thep, I'm sorry, but "the numeric key pad" is a really odd name to give your junk. Most guys would go with something normal, like "Burzum" or "Gleek & the Wonder Twins".
Herrseigneur and flint757 like this.
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #18
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Well .... you guys because I'm left handed anyways
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #19
is really Sasquatch.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Stealth, you're a ninja!

I just wasted your time.
AngstRiddenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #20
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simulclass83 View Post
I'm ambidextrous

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #21
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hollowway and flint757 like this.

Skype theory lessons. PM me.
Mr. Big Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You have motion detective paper dispensers??
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote