homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By MaxOfMetal
  • 1 Post By brutalwizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Ashes Of Rebirth

iRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Covering facial piercings for job.

I'm not entirely sure which category this should go under but here it goes...

I've been looking for a job for the longest time now and I've put it atleast 12 applications. My friend told me her work was hiring but they don't care for facial piercings too too much. I have both sides of my lips pierced and she said I could wear a baindaid over them...

So I'm wondering if there are any small bandaids or any other thing I could wear to cover the studs without having to take them out.

Thanks in advance!
iRaiseTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
on dem hoes

makeitreign will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They make clear studs for lip/nose piercings. Shouldn't cost more than $20.

Depends on how far along they are into the healing process, because you're not supposed to wear them until fully healed, but I did and it didn't hurt.

But its different for some people.

Edit: just read the "without having to take them out" part.
I don't know if you meant not having to replace them or not, but I think this would still be your best option. Bandaids over lip piercing look trashy to me. Worse than the piercing themselves, especially in a professional setting.
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Ashes Of Rebirth

iRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of light
I've had my left for 2 years and right side is coming up on 2 years :P the clear ones... they fell out because I had the o-ring ends. Do they make clear balled ones?
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
on dem hoes

I'm not sure. I haven't had mine pierced in a few years. I can't see how yours fell out though, even with the o-rings. I went to a small-town conservative high school, and I wore metal studs without the balls on them all day, and I was fine. They never suspected a thing.
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Ashes Of Rebirth

I really don't know man that is strange :/
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
on dem hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaiseTheDead View Post
I really don't know man that is strange :/
Also, depending on how your physiology is, and whether or not you feel like it, you can take them out all day and squeeze them back in later. I had mine pierced for a couple of years or so, and I went a whole year without having anything in there, and then one day decided to. It went in with some persuasion (they were still open) and it was sore for an hour or two, but it didn't have to re-heal or anything.

Sometimes I make rings out of colored paperclips and stick them in there. For the hell of it.
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

steve1 is just really nicesteve1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just take them out while at work? Clear ones just make people think "what's that guy got stuck to his face?.......ohhhhh it's a piercing!" draws more attention to it really IMO.

So glad my boss is ok with my piercings, with my clumsy sausage fingers it would take ages to remove and replace them, not to mention hours on my hands and knees searching for all the dropped studs that have rolled away after dropping them

Edit: also if you take them out you can squirt water at people/blow smoke through the holes!
steve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Melodic Mamma Jamma

JStraitiff is a jewel in the rough
Just get glass retainers. People ask less questions when they are aware that you have piercings but you're making them look more professional by wearing clear jewelry. If you try to hide it using bandaids or whatever they sit there going "wtf is that". I wear clear silicone eyelets in my ears for occasions and such. I dont mess around with those flesh tone things cause they look weird.

JStraitiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
Ashes Of Rebirth

I can't really do much "hiding" as far as my ears go. I'll just always wear a large beanie to cover my lobes. 1-1/2" is quite a large size
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Just how professional is the work environment if you can get away with wearing a beanie all day? Presuming I'd hired them already given the choice between my employee wearing a beanie all day or clear lip piercings I'd go with the piercings every time, or I'd just fire them.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #11
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Take out the piercings.

Job > Piercings

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaiseTheDead View Post
I can't really do much "hiding" as far as my ears go. I'll just always wear a large beanie to cover my lobes. 1-1/2" is quite a large size
my best friend cameron wears his ears up over the ear with hair barely long enough to cover it haha
JStraitiff likes this.

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote