homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree1697Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #326
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I wouldn't say I'm mad per se...

I'm just a bit annoyed with the folks at work. It seems any time a new concept is presented and I seem to get it or want to run with it, anyone who doesn't get it tries to discredit it. Then months down the line when they finally understand, they want to implement it and present the idea as if it's something that hit them during their morning poo.

We're looking into data mining now and the conecpt I suppose is a bit vague and perhaps perplexing to those in non-technical positions. The thing that bothers me is, if you don't understand it, how can you argue that it won't work?

Moreover, it just so happens I've been researching this VERY approach with a friend outside of work for the past 3 - 4 months, so when they brought in a consultant today to talk about this stuff I was pretty much the ONLY person pumped for it and the only person that seemed to get that no matter how many teeny tiny situational issues the non-technical users came up with, they're simply not technical enough to get that unstructured data is unstructured data no matter how you splice it.

On top of that, my partner on this endeavor--the SENIOR software engineer--is classically trained as a film major so all his technical expertise was learned via the internet. I'm not trying to discredit his skills, but there are times when it becomes clear that despite having more real world experience than me, his comprehension of a lot of the theory is lacking. However, he seems to always need to have the last word when I seem to excel in something as if he somehow had something to do with it--or perhaps just to seem like I don't know anything he doesn't know.

I guess really what it boils down to is that over the course of two years or so I've taken on and successfully completed any task they've thrown at me whether I've seen it before or not. The one time I've actually seen something prior to having it brought up at work, they all think I'm ....in' nuts bc they don't get it...

That's why they pay me to come here. Cuz they know everything.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #327
Is a Fat Bird

Ocara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of lightOcara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of lightOcara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am upset because my amp sucks as does math homework.

Also all my friends are out of town. Including the Girlfriend. Sucks for me.

I happen to provide affordable online session drumming, drum programming, mixing, and mastering! Hit me up via PM if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/s2-0-hd500-studio-one-4
Ocara-Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #328
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a glorious beacon of lightilyti is a glorious beacon of lightilyti is a glorious beacon of light
^ I first read that as "My amp sucks at doing math homework."

OK, carry on.
rectifryer and Captain Axx like this.
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #329
:O

Cabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to behold
My friend was over last night toying with my new analog boost pedal (which I love and admire)
While I wasn't looking the ....er thought it'd be a good idea to plug an adapter into it. He decided to plug my Line 6 M13 adapter, which has an out put of something like 200 volts? into this 9 volt pedal. Frying it.

Now I'm so ....ing pissed because I dropped a lot of money into that pedal, had it for a few days, now it's ....ing fried. This was like, the coolest pedal I ever owned. Used it all the time.
Cabinet is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #330
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I feel that I've gotten worse at guitar..

Over the Course of a week I feel that I've just gone downhill...

Member of the Injustice League with Jaake, BrainArt and -42

I am "The red marmalade", a super awesome crime fighter who's power involves throwing chunky marmalade into the eyes of orphans; blinding them and stopping them from becoming successful.

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.-Royal Tart Toter.
Pooluke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #331
Alabama Pig Roast

rectifryer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm mad because this thread is larger than its protagonist!

I'm also mad because I'm a grower not a shower
brutalwizard likes this.

94 Mesa Dual Rectifier
JCM2000 DSL
RGA8
rectifryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #332
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
I GOT ROBBED. I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A RUN/WALK AND 2 ............S W/ A BIKE PULLED OVER AND TOOK MY IPHONE. SON OF A BITCHES! ....ING SHIT!

....!

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #333
MFB
SS.org Regular

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Did you install "Where's my iPhone?" on it?

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #334
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
No. There is no possible way for me to get it. It's not an option. I'm just "glad" that:
1-Nothing happened to me
2-It was free. My uncle gave it to me. I have my old iphone 3G.

But still, I was going to sell it. God dammit...

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #335
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Glad you didn't get shanked man.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #336
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What. That sucks dude! Good thing nothing happened to you.
Faine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #337
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
I'm mad because someone just posted a NGD Blackmachine thread. I won't say who... but I'm not happy.

Oh and no I'm not jealous. Not at all. Not even a little bit. BTW I live in a mini mansion and I'm going to bang my smokeshow wife tonight and I won't even be thinking about the B7 while I'm hitting that. Nope. Not at all. Oh and I benched 285 5 times tonight. Yup. So there. Don't even need a B7. Thing's too light anyways I'd probably break it. Gonna play my Loomis tonight. Yup. A real man's guitar. So there. Sigh.

tl;dr did I mention I'm not jealous? 'cuz I'm not.

I'm a lover… Not a fighter... But I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #338
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold
^
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #339
SS.org Regular

The Buttmonkey is a jewel in the rough
Mad because scheduling my 17th birthday party is hard. I want about 8 attractive teenage girls. 2 could come. Blah Rescheduled!

Of course now I'm happy that I'm even friends with all these attractive teenage girls! Just not romantically involved.

Plus mad because I can't find (havent even played yet) a minecraft server.
The Buttmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #340
Augminished Studio

Augminished is a glorious beacon of lightAugminished is a glorious beacon of lightAugminished is a glorious beacon of light
I'm mad because I just some dick in my studio saying that 7 string guitars are worthless... Telling me I need to play through a bass amp or I should leave it up to the bass player. I just about beat him to death with a rock or with one of my guitars. It would have been poetic justice.

Oh yeah I am also mad because the Fray is a band and people think there are gods gift to music.

Check out my Facebook: Augminished-Studio

Augminished is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #341
Playing guitar.

Oh man, Reminds me. Did you ever see this thread I started???

Someone told me today " real musicians dont play 8 string guitars)
Augminished likes this.
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #342
Augminished Studio

Augminished is a glorious beacon of lightAugminished is a glorious beacon of lightAugminished is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
Oh man, Reminds me. Did you ever see this thread I started???

Someone told me today " real musicians dont play 8 string guitars)

great thread.

Thats pretty much how I handled it. Just my last line was "I like extended range guitars, sorry if I offended you". When he comes back I will have my 8 string out and then we will see

I don't want to have a pity party but will people ever just shut the .... up about 7 and 8 string guitars if they don't like them. The good old rule of if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. Why try and start a fight over a string or two. I wasn't saying you have to use this guitar. It was hanging on my wall and they take that as an invention to argue.

Maybe I will buy a 9 or 10 string just to spite him
Faine and Metal_Webb like this.

Check out my Facebook: Augminished-Studio

Augminished is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #343
MFB
SS.org Regular

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Because I stumbled onto this ...abomination of a cover despite the fact that the band has been using the song as an intro for how many years? I mean, what the .... is with all that wah? It's not even on the god damn stage with them.

(´・ω・`)

Unread 04-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #344
Stay Negative™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
So, my other iphone has a ....ing GPS tracker now.

If I get robbed again, I'll have a location for the police to make a search.

.... robbers.
Faine likes this.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #345
Playing guitar.

Here we go again.. Waiting for my boss to pay me when he feels like it. I should've gotten paid Friday. I texted him asking if he could Friday. NO RESPONSE ALL DAY. Then Saturday I get a reply " hey I'll txt you if I go to the shop today and I'll pay you" NEVER GOES TO THE SHOP. Now it's sunday... Who thinks I'll get paid today?
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #346
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not I. Sunday is a stingy day.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #347
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Staff member called in from home with a problem connecting to the VPN on her new work laptop.

Ran her through a couple of things, turns out, she didn't have it connected to her home internet connection in any way.

"Shouldn't that happen automatically?"

-_-

And lucky me, she has no idea how to do it herself so I'm going to do a house call tomorrow to save talking her through it over the phone and having her mishear and misunderstand and have to go through the process 6 times before she gets it right.

Oh well, the extra time I'll have to book for that will probably give me enough time in lieu for a day off, yay!
Bekanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #348
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Two words.
Unrequited. Love.
Shit sucks.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #349
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekanor
house call
Tap It.

[Fiction] 1:47 pm: she could probably toss a salad with that thing
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #350
MFB
SS.org Regular

Because people can't write fleshed out characters when they know other people are going to have to use them

(´・ω・`)