homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:56 AM   #26
Melodic Mamma Jamma

JStraitiff is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
Re-reading the OP has only increased my thoughts that these people are tweakers. Having considered that, cop calling could have negative consequences once they start to figure out you're the one doing it. (hell hath no fury like a meth head who has their fix taken from them)

More info is needed though:
Are they awake all night and day for days on end, then sleep for another day or two?
Does their domestic disputes correspond with the days where they seem to be either sleeping or broke?
Are random people coming in at all hours of the night, and leaving withing 10-15 minutes tops?
Are the people that live there unusually skinny like they just escaped from Auschwitz?
When you notice them, do they have weird or unusual tics, or a complete inability to sit completely still, and mumble or ramble in a manic-like fashion?

If yes to all of those, they are tweakers dude and you can probably have them busted. I don't know Ohio's laws on it very well, but a lot of states have a zero tolerance policy for it, and they can do hard time for it. Keep notes/dates/times of everything and if you really think something bad is going on there, phone it in and provide the notes.
Its a rather large assumption you are making that they are meth heads. Why meth? Sure if people are coming all hours of the night they could be dealers of some sort but theres no telling what they are dealing.

JStraitiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #27
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Because I know far too many people that use and deal meth; many of them members of my own family. I've been exposed to that lifestyle far longer than I care to admit to (having never done it myself), and these things are red flags for pretty much my 20+ years of experience with this shit.

You are right though, there's no way to know for certain with the limited info on the situation, which is why I asked for more info about it.
JStraitiff likes this.

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #28
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Man that's a sucky situation. Unfortunately that can happen no matter where you are - even if you own a house!
Have you actually looked into other apartments? It might be worth investigating, because there may well be another inexpensive place with less obnoxious neighbors.
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #29
Smeller of Smells

SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

No signature because censored blah blah blah.
SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #30
Resident Cherokee

mr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to beholdmr_rainmaker is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
kick um in the nuts,and then PISS on them to establish your ALPHA MALE domance...
zakattak192 likes this.

I started out with Nothing,I still got some left...
mr_rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #31
SS.org Regular

ghostred7 is just really niceghostred7 is just really nice
First and foremost....it sounds like your landlord is an ass. If the leasing/renting office isn't doing anything about your complaints....your first thoughts shouldn't be the neighbors, it should be looking to gtfo of there. Honestly....if your apartment is smelling like smoke from someone below you....that speaks volumes to the quality (or lack of) the dwelling. The lack of responses by the landlord substantiate said quality.

RE: calling the police... if they're doing a domestic argument, then you can call no issues. You *can* call anonymously about the possible drug dealing, but make sure you don't give them a name or call from where they can trace it. You really don't have any proof of ANY activity outside of the domestic arguments. You call the police about drug stuff and there's nothing...you've painted a big target on your head by the neighbors AND also falsified a report to police, which could actually land YOU in criminal charges.

Bottom line...be smart about it. When they're loud...beat on the floor with something. They'll either "oops" or come up to confront you about it. Tell them you were working out and dropped something. As for the "cut your gear up and wail at them" thing.....don't. At that point you're no better to your other neighbors than the ones below you are to you.

If you're truly worried about the neighbors' activities, keep the high road to avoid confrontation and arm yourself, even if just for in your home (12ga pointed at someone trying to come in usually is a big deterrent) . Else, I'd go get a CCW permit, and like American Express, get a firearm and "never leave home without it."
ghostred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #32
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Yeah, I don't think the people themselves are on drugs, but their daughter (who lives in the next building over), is constantly having people over to their place (who are only there for a few minutes at a time). My guess would be that she is selling weed or something. I don't have any concrete proof so I'm not that worried about it, but I'm definitely not worried about any sort of retaliation, frankly speaking, I'm huge and I would have no problem hospitalizing a burglar. Poopsenders may have to happen though.

leandroab, cfrank, skeels and 2 others like this.
DevinShidaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #33
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I live it what is basically the Meth capital of the u.s. (southern Indiana) and I must say it sounds alot like Meth heads. I'd call the cops next time something stirs up down there. Worst case scenario is the land lord realizes that cops getting called to peoples apartments is a bad thing and they get evicted

"It's all jagged and jaded, but it suits us. We just fake it through."
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #34
SS.org Regular

squid-boy is just really nicesquid-boy is just really nice
Like most have said: take the high road. You don't want the toothless hillbilly knocking on your door, under the influence of something, pissed off because you made a fuss directly towards him. It doesn't end well. I've been there with a cocaine addicted neighbour I had back in the day that would come to my door and ask my roommate for money/take her kid at all hours of the night.

That shit stopped quick, but I wish I went about it differently, because it was ....ing excruciating.
squid-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #35
ss.org Irregular

Nonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of light
Learn to play the banjo and make peace with the dullards, then discuss the issues. If treating them like trash is your goal and you have no regard for them whatsoever, you could report the traffic anonymously to the local drug task force.

If, say, they just work odd hours like a lot of poor people do, the traffic actually might make sense. But hey, might as well potentially ruin their lives (at least locally) a little more, maybe more misery in their day is the answer to all your troubles.
Nonservium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #36
DOOOOOOOM

kevdes93 is a glorious beacon of lightkevdes93 is a glorious beacon of lightkevdes93 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
play fractured frames scattered flesh as loud as possible?

FUZZ ALL DAY MAN FUZZ IS GOD ALL OTHER EFFECTS ARE SHIT

Good deals with: abswisher - brutalwizard - Toxic Dover - oneblackened - Garloof - guitaardvark - sochmo

Current stable:
* ESP/LTD EC-1000ctm
* Ibanez Prestige RG3120
kevdes93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #37
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbshredder View Post
Trying to reason with ignorant white trash is like dealing with a two year old. Continue to take the high road, lest you drag yourself further into a battle you can't win. You'll just bring more pain on yourself - is it worth the trouble - that's up to you.. Trashy neighbors tend to come with the low rent.
^ This is very good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostred7 View Post
RE: calling the police... if they're doing a domestic argument, then you can call no issues. You *can* call anonymously about the possible drug dealing, but make sure you don't give them a name or call from where they can trace it. You really don't have any proof of ANY activity outside of the domestic arguments. You call the police about drug stuff and there's nothing...you've painted a big target on your head by the neighbors AND also falsified a report to police, which could actually land YOU in criminal charges.
^ And so is this.

I can't find where someone said it, but I'm sure you realize that if you would play guitar really loudly, you're going to look like a jerk to all the neighbours around you. So that is not advisable. I went through something similar to your situation last year, and honestly the only thing to do was ignore it and hope they would move out. Which they did! I was on the third floor of a house, the smoker hillbillies were on the first floor. When new people moved into the middle apartment they basically terrorized the ... people.. in apartment 1. My advice then, I guess, is to complain to your other neighbours, make friends with them, and plant the idea in THEIR head to try and get the hillbillies to move out. Hey, might work!
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #38
Dark Apprentice

BringerOfBlood is on a distinguished road
I do not know where you live, but in germany for example you could get a lower rent, by complaining about this shit. That would force your landlord to act.
BringerOfBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #39
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First off, the law in Columbus regarding noise:

http://council.columbus.gov/uploaded...I/noiseord.PDF

If they are making noise outside the apartment and in the hallways, that's under the control of your landlord. If your landlord has been informed of noise violations in the public areas and doesn't act to abate it, then the landlord might be legally on the hook for the various infractions... which might motivate them to enforce the noise limits.

Noise nuisance seems like the best route, especially since it has fines attached. It might not stop them, but it will make them consider leaving.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #40
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
^ THANK YOU
DevinShidaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #41
SS.org Regular

incinerated_guitar is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by broj15 View Post
I live it what is basically the Meth capital of the u.s. (southern Indiana) and I must say it sounds alot like Meth heads. I'd call the cops next time something stirs up down there. Worst case scenario is the land lord realizes that cops getting called to peoples apartments is a bad thing and they get evicted
This small town (Winton, Ca) that is basically the outskirts of the town I live in is considered one of the largest suppliers of Meth in the country. Its also where the term crank was invented (by hells angels riders who would hide meth in the crankcase of their bikes) and where Charles Manson is returning as soon as he gets out, since his home is there....boy, dont I ....ing love this town
incinerated_guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #42
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerated_guitar View Post
This small town (Winton, Ca) that is basically the outskirts of the town I live in is considered one of the largest suppliers of Meth in the country. Its also where the term crank was invented (by hells angels riders who would hide meth in the crankcase of their bikes) and where Charles Manson is returning as soon as he gets out, since his home is there....boy, dont I ....ing love this town
Step 1: Get a rock.
Step 2: Kill every single one of those degenerates with that rock.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit. (Or a conviction for manslaughter...)
Pooluke41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #43
SS.org Regular

incinerated_guitar is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooluke41 View Post
Step 1: Get a rock.
Step 2: Kill every single one of those degenerates with that rock.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit. (Or a conviction for manslaughter...)
Step 3: Fap to teh 8 string pron
incinerated_guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #44
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Shit in front of their door. Every. God. Damn. Day.

It could be interpreted as some shitty gang warning (pun intended) telling them that it's not their turf to be doing whatever it is they may be doing there, as well as stinking up their apartment and causing visitors to no longer wish to visit

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #45
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to beholdpoopyalligator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
It is unfortunate that it is an apartment. What we used to do to get back at somebody would be going to their house at 2 at night, and literally take every single decoration or everything that we could possibly take from their yard. Then wait two months and do it again. One time we successfully took off the door on their fence (twice lol). Hahaha ok, so I know this is going to sound really ....ing stupid, but just go with it for a moment. Is there any way that you could make them think the place is haunted? They dont seem like the brightest people and seem like they could be fooled easily. Just leave little signs here and there and make noises and shit. A little research could go a long way.

My main setup:
Ibanez uv7bk green dot, Engl fireball 60, genz benz g flex 2x12.
poopyalligator is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #46
the ss.org troll :D

LOSTxxTHExxGAME has a little shameless behaviour in the past
BLEAR THIS AT MIDNIGHT IT DRIVES MY FAMILY AND THE PEOPLE AROUND ME INSANE A 10/10 WAY TO ANNOY SOMEONE

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK THE ROCK PLAN SEEMS BULLETPROOF
LOSTxxTHExxGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #47
Downpicker \m/

ASoC is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinet View Post
poopsenders - the ULTIMATE gag gift - SWEET revenge at its finest

These guys will send a massive package of animal shit to their doorstep keeping you completely anonymous. Might send them a good wake up call about how people are feeling around them, or it might get them really mad and make the door slamming even louder.
Gotta say, there was only one possible reaction to this...

And to the OP, just call the cops everytime theres a domestic dispute. Somebody'll get taken to jail for the night and I'm sure they won't be too keen about living near people who'll actually do something about their asinine behavior.

Also (in case they do come knocking for some vengeance) get a gun (or a rock ) if they try to cause trouble, you'll be ready

Check out my band
soundcloud.com/a-stream-of-consciousness
https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Str...96505327048017
or follow us @ASoCBand

"There you have it, Slender. Totally wasn't scared. But, it seems as if someone poured urine on my pants and shoved mashed potatoes down the back of my pants"
-Bane
ASoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #48
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopyalligator View Post
It is unfortunate that it is an apartment. What we used to do to get back at somebody would be going to their house at 2 at night, and literally take every single decoration or everything that we could possibly take from their yard. Then wait two months and do it again. One time we successfully took off the door on their fence (twice lol). Hahaha ok, so I know this is going to sound really ....ing stupid, but just go with it for a moment. Is there any way that you could make them think the place is haunted? They dont seem like the brightest people and seem like they could be fooled easily. Just leave little signs here and there and make noises and shit. A little research could go a long way.
This sounds like it could become an episode of Scooby Doo.
DevinShidaker likes this.

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.
BlackMastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #49
SS.org Regular

MUTANTOID is a jewel in the rough
MUTANTOID is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #50
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Is it sad that rock.jpg was the first thing that I thought of as well? Might have posted it, too, if 2,743 people hadn't posted it first.

On another note, both the suggestions about calling the police during domestic disputes and hitting the landlord with noise ordinance violations seem like good ideas.

One other thought though, have you ever talked to these people? What are they like if you, say, pass them in the hall and say a friendly hello? Are they callous to everyone generally?

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote