homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree245Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #51
is really Sasquatch.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wonder if there really is a dog?

I just wasted your time.
AngstRiddenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #52
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Then who was phone?

[Fiction] 1:47 pm: she could probably toss a salad with that thing
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #53
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
Then who was phone?
Maybe if really when like...

Fiction likes this.
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #54
Amphabulous

ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What are the steps to completing a hanoi tower puzzle in the fewest moves possible?

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

ATTORNEY: Doctor , how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?
WITNESS: All of them. The live ones put up too much of a fight.

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
ghstofperdition is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #55
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sage Jeff, if I eat Subway, while on a subway, does it not substantially increase my chance of entering a worm hole, or should I just go back to eating a Powerbar and forget about the whole damn thing?
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #56
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandinaboy View Post
What do blind people dream of?

And also,
Why do things become dark when they are wet?
Things beyond our grasp and comprehension. Things that simply eschew the bounds of colour and shape that the minds of others have come to define certain concepts with.

It's because light will reflect differently off of a wet surface than a dry surface. The only reason our eyes are capable of perceiving colour is because of the light reflecting off of the subject and into our eyes. The water on the surface of your given subject will alter its reflective properties. Hence, when wet, the colour becomes darker - "dampened". The water in a way, "absorbs" the light that would otherwise be reflected off of the subject. This is why although water is transparent, we cannot see the bottom of the ocean. The light is reflected and, in effect, "absorbed" by the water molecules it reaches first. This is why the further down you go, the less light is able to penetrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt397 View Post
What does an agnostic dyslexic insomniac do ?
He occupies himself finding as many dangerous ways to test his own faith as possible, deliberating between believing or not. He probably also watches a lot of TV.
ayambakar and Alimination like this.

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #57
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngstRiddenDreams View Post
Wonder if there really is a dog?
I don't. I accept "dog", as a symbol or term that has conventionally come to be associated with the concept of a fur-covered, four-legged sentient being that is at once territorial and loyal, while hunting in a pack. I trust that I have not been lied to and I trust that when I refer to said term, others relate it to the same concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
Then who was phone?
Xylophone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt397 View Post
Maybe if really when like...

I'm afraid this statement is beyond my level of comprehension. I will try again in the future, when I am a wiser self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
What are the steps to completing a hanoi tower puzzle in the fewest moves possible?
I don't know. But when all else fails, you can flip the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
Sage Jeff, if I eat Subway, while on a subway, does it not substantially increase my chance of entering a worm hole, or should I just go back to eating a Powerbar and forget about the whole damn thing?
I'm doubtful. This brings me back to the idea that the names we have come to associate with the concepts of the things around us are inconsequential. You may accept that the food you are shoving into your face shares a name with the tube you are traveling through, however you may be challenged to believe that because they share a name, they share vital properties that go beyond either novelty or aesthetics.

However if you are still tempted to pursue your efforts in traveling through time and space, I would recommend extra hot peppers and south-west chipotle sauce.
Hollowway and BlackMastodon like this.

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #58
I even lift.

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I must know.......

Bigfan, BlackMastodon and -42- like this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #59
Уродливый, но честны

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
I must know.......

Despite their repeated efforts to go down the path of self-respect and higher education, they all end up going to the same place.

They go home with Jeff.
oremus91, Edika, VILARIKA and 7 others like this.

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #60
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
Oh wise jeff, how is babby formed?
BlindingLight7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #61
Yes, pancakes.

simulclass83 is just really nicesimulclass83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

What would you do in a situation where you went in for a general check up (where the removal of clothes was required), and your doctor happened to be a stunningly attractive female?

If you are asked to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and you're the main witness, what if you say "no"?

Do glow-in-the-dark objects stop glowing when somebody turns the lights on?

If you put a chameleon in a room full of mirrors, what color would it turn?

some age old questions...
simulclass83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #62
Уродливый, но честны

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingLight7 View Post
Oh wise jeff, how is babby formed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simulclass83 View Post
At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

What would you do in a situation where you went in for a general check up (where the removal of clothes was required), and your doctor happened to be a stunningly attractive female?

If you are asked to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and you're the main witness, what if you say "no"?

Do glow-in-the-dark objects stop glowing when somebody turns the lights on?

If you put a chameleon in a room full of mirrors, what color would it turn?

some age old questions...
It depends entirely on how much pain you're willing to inflict for either arm rest. If the person beside you is larger, go for the other side. If they're both larger, all bets are off.

I ask no questions.

You have balls.

No, their luminescence simply becomes less pronounced relative to their surroundings.

It would turn the colour of the floor. If the floor is a mirror or it is standing directly beside a mirror, it would try killing its nearest doppelganger.

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 03-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #63
Needs more strings

Metal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of light
1. Why do men have nipples?

2. Do the curtains match the drapes, or is it simply a tarp?

"By the way, melted binding looks like marshmallow. But it really doesn't taste like it." - MapleLeaf97
Metal_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #64
Уродливый, но честны

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Webb View Post

2. Do the curtains match the drapes, or is it simply a tarp?
1. Because they're the sexiest part of the male anatomy and that should, for no reason at all, be compromised.

2. In these trying times, one must always proceed with caution.

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #65
Sexytime!

caskettheclown is just really nicecaskettheclown is just really nice
I just got kicked out of my band for ridiculous reasons which make no logical sense.

What should I do now?
caskettheclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #66
sixstringer

Bigfan is a glorious beacon of lightBigfan is a glorious beacon of lightBigfan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFromMtl View Post
It would turn the colour of the floor. If the floor is a mirror or it is standing directly beside a mirror, it would try killing its nearest doppelganger.

Chameleons actually change colour as a means of interaction between individuals. Their colour also darkens when exposed to a threat, but they don't actually attempt to look like parts of vegetation or something, unlike certain species of Coleoidea, mainly octopuses:

Bigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #67
Amphabulous

ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.ghstofperdition is the epitome of metal.
Should I shave my legs today, or say .... society and go au natural?

ATTORNEY: Doctor , how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?

Unread 03-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #68
Уродливый, но честны

Quote:
Originally Posted by caskettheclown View Post
I just got kicked out of my band for ridiculous reasons which make no logical sense.

What should I do now?
You have two choices:

1. Kill the rest of the band and continue under the same band name. If anyone suspects anything, tell them that you don't know what they're talking about, insisting that it's been a solo project all along.

2. Withdraw from society, make failed attempts at opening up a taco shop and an antiques store. Move to Mexico and fall in love with a beautiful but completely broken single mother of 3. Swear the do right by her, and hold this adoptive family together with all of the white glue and staples the menial jobs you find will afford you. At the age of 53, when your adoptive children have left and your beautiful Mexican wife has grown to resent you in her menopausal state, regardless of all you've done for her, develop odd habits, such as starting a collection of roadkill trophies such as fur pelts, bone shards and feathers. Assemble these trophies on a shrine where you mourn the untimely death of your music career all those years ago. At 59, succumb to the whiskey and deep regret of never being good enough for the ones you love. Your liver and heart just can't take any more abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfan View Post
Chameleons actually change colour as a means of interaction between individuals. Their colour also darkens when exposed to a threat, but they don't actually attempt to look like parts of vegetation or something, unlike certain species of Coleoidea, mainly octopuses:
Don't you get huffy with me. See disclaimer in OP. This is not the "Expose Jeff for Lies and Treason" Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
Should I shave my legs today, or say .... society and go au natural?
.... it. But keep a pair of scissors handy throughout the day so that if anyone protests the state of your legs, you can cut off a tuft of leg hair and stuff it into their mouth.
oremus91 and Bigfan like this.

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #69
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFromMtl View Post
Don't you get huffy with me. See disclaimer in OP.
Yes, please please please do not question Jeff From Metal! Being from Metal, he is all knowing on these forums, and if provoked could use the powers those from the planet Metal have, and we could all be terribly screwed!
Bigfan likes this.
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #70
Amphabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
Yes, please please please do not question Jeff From Metal! Being from Metal, he is all knowing on these forums, and if provoked could use the powers those from the planet Metal have, and we could all be terribly screwed!
This. You could set the 10 plagues of Egypt into motion, but on a global scale. This will be followed by a Justin Beiber world tour, which is the secret 11th plague that God couldn't bring himself to unleash.

tl;dr
Don't piss off Jeff because he has even bigger balls than God...

Unread 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #71
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Cynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Webb View Post
To put it simply, men have nipples because women have nipples. The full biological explanation is something that I can't really remember right now.
Cynic is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #72
Blast & Sweep

Thep is a name known to allThep is a name known to allThep is a name known to allThep is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
its possible for a man to lactate by the way...
Thep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #73
Ibby Fanboy

Sephiroth952 is just really niceSephiroth952 is just really nice
Oh wise Jeff from Montreal, when I dawn my cape and go out in the woods to fight trolls while listening to Blind Guardian, which weapon do I take with me, my battle ax or my long sword?

Axes:
S540OL(Stock F-series pick-ups they're just to good to change)
Rg5Ex1(B:Tone Zone, M:True Velvet, N:Liquifire)
Sephiroth952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #74
Foolish Mortal

Xaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himselfXaios is deemed true by Crom himself
What is the purpose of the goggles?

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #75
Extended Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth952 View Post
Oh wise Jeff from Montreal,
Haha, silly mortal! Jeff is not from Montreal - rookie mistake. He is from Metal. The dimension that surrounds us, and is yet beyond us. Kind of like the tesseract, but with other bands and 4 dimensional objects as well.
Bigfan likes this.