homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
PRS SE Inspector

Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Motorcycle Thread

I didn't see a section for automotive so I guess Off-Topic would be the best place for my motorcycle thread. This thread is for any type of motorcycle. From Domestic to Import to dirt bikes to street bikes. Discuss your bike and post pictures if you've got them. I would like to see how many musicians are also riders.

I've been riding since around 12 years old. I started with dirt bikes and 4 wheelers and then started riding my dads Harleys when I was 17 and didn't have a license. After a long time (about 6 years) of being away from riding I finally got my own motorcycle this past June and love it. It's a 2003 Suzuki SV650S. I'll probably move to a little bit bigger bike in a year or so but right now this bike is perfect for me.

"It's a long way, to the top, if you wanna rock n' roll" - Bon Scott

BE A MAN AND SIGN THE NEG REP YOU GIVE ME, PLEASE.
Riffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Here's my only bike, currently:

2008 Kikker 5150 Hardknock.

125CC engine, 4 speed clutchless transmission (that's all going to end up in a go kart).

If I keep this one, it'll get a larger metric engine (500+). But I'm still on the fence. Too much hassle to swap engines, and set this frame up for an actual primary when I can sell it and put that money towards an XS650. Then I'll just hardtail and bob that, and be happier. I think

I had a GSXR 750 for a very short while when I was younger, and an 87 Harley Heritage shortly after getting out of the Army, but I sold it when I got married. Dumb move, considering I left the bitch 6 months later

EDIT:

The most badass thing about the Kikker, though is the behind the leg suicide shift. I have to reach under my ass to shift.

Also the front brake isn't on it in those pics. I'm going to make a new bracket for it, since whoever designed these things is a ....ing idiot.
Randy, Riffer and Blake1970 like this.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Reggie J Worthington

Sicarius is just really niceSicarius is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've always wanted to learn to ride; but I've never been in the financial place to get a bike.

Mainly because the body style I like are the Triumph Bonnevilles.
like this:
Steve McQueen SE | Triumph Motorcycles

or a regular one. Not big on harleys or crotch rockets. I think I'm also just scared of having to shift, since I can't even ....ing do it in a car...
Riffer likes this.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Sicarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
PRS SE Inspector

Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.Riffer is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenhawk View Post
Here's my only bike, currently:

2008 Kikker 5150 Hardknock.

125CC engine, 4 speed clutchless transmission (that's all going to end up in a go kart).

If I keep this one, it'll get a larger metric engine (500+). But I'm still on the fence. Too much hassle to swap engines, and set this frame up for an actual primary when I can sell it and put that money towards an XS650. Then I'll just hardtail and bob that, and be happier. I think

I had a GSXR 750 for a very short while when I was younger, and an 87 Harley Heritage shortly after getting out of the Army, but I sold it when I got married. Dumb move, considering I left the bitch 6 months later

EDIT:

The most badass thing about the Kikker, though is the behind the leg suicide shift. I have to reach under my ass to shift.

Also the front brake isn't on it in those pics. I'm going to make a new bracket for it, since whoever designed these things is a ....ing idiot.
I've always wanted to try those Kikker 5150 bikes out. I see one every once in awhile on Craigslist. They seem like cool bikes for the money. I really want a bobber project so I might get rid of my SV650 and try and find a complete bobber or one that needs some work. Also, here is a picture of my other bike I forgot. I lent my brother money to buy it so it will be his once he pays me the money back. So technically it's mine even though he'll get it everntually.

Blake1970, Solodini and Preacher like this.

Unread 03-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Riffer: Try to find a Kikker with a title. It's a bitch in some states to get these things titled. I know of a couple people in Kansas that had their titles pulled months after getting them, just because Kikker itself is not a great company, and the bikes obviously have some flaws (take a real good look at one in person, you'll see what I'm talking about).

I'm lucky enough to be a welder, and a gear head, so I'm willing and able to fix any shortcoming the bike has, but it's still a pain to get mine titled. I'm going to have to say I built the frame myself, and that's a kick in the nuts, since I would rather build a full size frame myself (the Kikker is a 7/8 or 3/4 bike. It's a small, even more so considering I'm 6'4" and 210 lbs).

But, if you can find one for cheap, I say go for it. I paid $700 for mine, no title (just MSO). Which isn't a bad deal. I had to fix some of the wiring, and figure out a carb problem, but she's 100% now, and I can get much more out of it if I decide to sell.

Nice Harley, btw. I've always had a soft spot for anything rigid.
Are those spikes running down the tank? Not sure what I think of that. They look cool as shit, but my imagination is running wild...I'd hate to get one of those removed from my sternum

- Woodrow Wilson
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
PRS SE Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenhawk View Post
Riffer: Try to find a Kikker with a title. It's a bitch in some states to get these things titled. I know of a couple people in Kansas that had their titles pulled months after getting them, just because Kikker itself is not a great company, and the bikes obviously have some flaws (take a real good look at one in person, you'll see what I'm talking about).

I'm lucky enough to be a welder, and a gear head, so I'm willing and able to fix any shortcoming the bike has, but it's still a pain to get mine titled. I'm going to have to say I built the frame myself, and that's a kick in the nuts, since I would rather build a full size frame myself (the Kikker is a 7/8 or 3/4 bike. It's a small, even more so considering I'm 6'4" and 210 lbs).

But, if you can find one for cheap, I say go for it. I paid $700 for mine, no title (just MSO). Which isn't a bad deal. I had to fix some of the wiring, and figure out a carb problem, but she's 100% now, and I can get much more out of it if I decide to sell.

Nice Harley, btw. I've always had a soft spot for anything rigid.
Are those spikes running down the tank? Not sure what I think of that. They look cool as shit, but my imagination is running wild...I'd hate to get one of those removed from my sternum
Yeah those Kikker bikes are small. I'm only 5'8 and 160lbs so I'd be fine riding those around. I just don't know how much I would like the small engine. It would be cool to just go for quick rides to get some grub or a quick stop by a friends house. I myself can weld as well so I it's not a big deal if the bike has some frame issues to a point of course.

Yes, they are spikes running down the center of the tank. I don't like them. My brother does and it's his bike in the end so he might keep them. The frame is actually a custom frame but the engine is a Harley engine. Rigids are badass but they can kill your back I'm sure you know. We also swapped the exhaust for some ground pounders that just come out of the engine and dump straight down. They're loud as shit and look cooler I think.

Unread 03-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Freemanologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffer View Post
Yeah those Kikker bikes are small. I'm only 5'8 and 160lbs so I'd be fine riding those around. I just don't know how much I would like the small engine. It would be cool to just go for quick rides to get some grub or a quick stop by a friends house. I myself can weld as well so I it's not a big deal if the bike has some frame issues to a point of course.

Yes, they are spikes running down the center of the tank. I don't like them. My brother does and it's his bike in the end so he might keep them. The frame is actually a custom frame but the engine is a Harley engine. Rigids are badass but they can kill your back I'm sure you know. We also swapped the exhaust for some ground pounders that just come out of the engine and dump straight down. They're loud as shit and look cooler I think.
You can get everything from a 49, to a 250 v-twin. My 125 will supposedly take an average size man up to 60mp/h. An average man is probably around your size, supposedly

I fit fine on my Kikker. The tank is a little lower than I want, but the pegs are far enough forward to be comfortable. The apes help things, and the fact I pushed them forward a bit. If it had drag bars there would be no way I could ride it.

There's a fairly active forum on the kikker website, and some of the 200 and 250 owners have claimed 70+mp/h hammer down.

Honestly, if I was going to buy a new Kikker, I'd order the large frame, with the smallest engine they have, then swap it. That's actually not a bad idea, since they come titled brand new now. I'm just curious if they title the 49cc, or just do an MSO, since most states don't require any registration or insurance for sub-50cc.

My Kikker is really a waste, since I live in a small town. There's nowhere to ride it, really. No quick trips around town. Everywhere I go is 15-20 minutes away on the highway (60+ mp/h speed limit). A 210lb rider being pushed by 125cc is a no go on the highway

Me and one of my closest friends are real big into the bobber thing, and we're very slowly collecting parts. Towards the end of the summer we're going to hit it pretty hard and start building bikes in my garage.

- Woodrow Wilson
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
PRS SE Inspector

Lately I've been getting into bobber stuff. They're just so cool and you can do so much with them and make them unique. And they're relatively cheap to build/work on and get looks wherever you go.

Unread 03-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #9
Freemanologist

Quote:
Lately I've been getting into bobber stuff. They're just so cool and you can do so much with them and make them unique. And they're relatively cheap to build/work on and get looks wherever you go.
Yup. Break something? Dig around the junk box in the garage.

There's a couple of guys around here that have been into the rat scene for decades. Rat rods, HUGE displacement sportsters, crazy bobbed/stretched metrics. Hell, one of the guys ratted an old Goldwing, just because he liked the engine, but refused to buy replacement parts for it.

One of them told me once ".... cool, use whatever works."

That kinda stuck with me. They both own Harleys, with very few HD parts. When something breaks, they use use whatever they can find at swap meets or laying around the garage. A welder and a drill press can make most things fit. Guess it helps one guy has a lathe and mill.
Riffer likes this.

- Woodrow Wilson
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I've always been interested in riding, growing up in the racing world, but never gotten around to trying it. My thing is I have no interest in riding on the street until after I have at least a year or so of track experience. I learned how to drive on the track and feel like it's the only way to truly learn how to handle any kind of vehicle.
troyguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 136 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
I've always been interested in riding, growing up in the racing world, but never gotten around to trying it. My thing is I have no interest in riding on the street until after I have at least a year or so of track experience. I learned how to drive on the track and feel like it's the only way to truly learn how to handle any kind of vehicle.
Except street =/= track. Usually you go from learning to ride on the street with a bike to going to track because you can do some serious damage on the track with a bike if you've not got enough experience.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
PRS SE Inspector

Racing is pretty cool. I've never done it though but I'd like to go to a track day sometime in the fiuture and learn the ropes. I would also like to run the quarter on my bike and see what kind of numbers I can put up. My bike tops out at around 140. I've gone 130 on it twice before. The only thing I'm not to fond with is the whole "Stunting" stuff. It's definitely impressive but it has no appeal to me and when I see people doing it in public I get mad because they could seriously injure a lot of people that are around them.

Unread 03-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
mids are overrated

MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is my Honda VTX 1800. I've done a few mods:

- Vance and Hines Exhaust
- PowerCommander
- K&N filter with CNC'd airbox cover
- Progressive shocks and fork springs
- Kury grips

Riffer and Preacher like this.
MetalDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
twerk twerk thall

sage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
I've always wanted to learn to ride; but I've never been in the financial place to get a bike.

Mainly because the body style I like are the Triumph Bonnevilles.
like this:
Steve McQueen SE | Triumph Motorcycles

or a regular one. Not big on harleys or crotch rockets. I think I'm also just scared of having to shift, since I can't even ....ing do it in a car...
Get an old Honda CB 750. Similar upright riding style without the crazy price tag and brutal unreliability of the Brit bikes.
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
PRS SE Inspector

Bump for anybody that missed this thread.

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Blake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of light
Cool thread man, thanks!
Riffer likes this.
Blake1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

great_kthulu is just really nice
My dads got a bright yellow BMW k-75, thing is awesome, i'll try to get some pics up.
great_kthulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #18
SS Contributor

jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I've grown up with a motor under me. I've had a ton of dirt bikes and quads over the years. This was my baby, '06 CBR600RR. I had this while I was going to Autobody school and repainted it white the first time:

Got bored with it, sprayed it back to the factory black, then completely stripped it, powdercoated the swingarm, all the motor covers, gas cap, rearsets. You name it, I blacked it out. I also did an Acura TSX HID retrofit that was gorgeous and easily the best mod I ever did:

Also went the Street-Fighter route for a bit. Absolutely loved it!

I missed my HID's though so I went back to full fairings and did away with all the red:

Sadly, actually about a week after these last pictures were taken a few summers ago, one of my best friends of all time lowsided hard into a guardrail on his R6, literally 20ft in front of me and he did not make it. I sold my RR the next day. I'd like to build a really old Harley, but I would never ride it after what I've seen. I miss it a lot though.
shadscbr, Randy, Bevo and 4 others like this.

Beard Sound Machines Jazzmaster
Beard Sound Machines Jazzcaster
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender AVRI '52 Reissue Telecaster
First Act Custom Shop Delia/Delia LS Hybrid

Vox AC30C2

@beardsoundmachines
lostswimmer.bandcamp.com
jordanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #19
Vodka & PentaTonic

flexkill is a name known to allflexkill is a name known to allflexkill is a name known to allflexkill is a name known to all
Harley FXCW(Rocker)

Got This in 08 new....love it. Nothing like the rumble of a Harley!!!!

Bevo and Riffer like this.
flexkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
PRS SE Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanky View Post

Sadly, actually about a week after these last pictures were taken a few summers ago, one of my best friends of all time lowsided hard into a guardrail on his R6, literally 20ft in front of me and he did not make it. I sold my RR the next day. I'd like to build a really old Harley, but I would never ride it after what I've seen. I miss it a lot though.
That really sucks about your friend man. Always sad to hear about riders crashing and not making it.

Unread 03-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #21
Fapping to J-rock

Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanky View Post

*pics of smexeh bike*

That is one hell of a nice looking bike dude.

Sad to hear about your friend. I really wanna get into riding when I get older, hearing those kinds of things definitely makes you think a bit more than just "Holy shit I'm gonna drive so fast and it will be awesome". Gotta get a car first though because they're much more convenient. Especially when you live in a place that has bike conditions only 4 months out of the year.

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

The Buttmonkey is a jewel in the rough
Me and my dad's 1979/80 Yamaha XS650. Pretty plain right now, but basically we're trying to get it street legal and performing well, then we're going to focus on aesthetics. Clean it up and get it painted. Right now it's all kinda jury-rigged. But the engine runs like a boss and we've ridden it down the driveway some. This is the first street bike I've ever ridden. It's supremely powerful! I grew up with a Yamaha TTR 90, a little tiny clutchless dirt bike, and My dad had a slightly bigger Honda 100 that actually had a clutch, so I learned to drive with that.

The Buttmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #23
PRS SE Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buttmonkey View Post
Me and my dad's 1979/80 Yamaha XS650. Pretty plain right now, but basically we're trying to get it street legal and performing well, then we're going to focus on aesthetics. Clean it up and get it painted. Right now it's all kinda jury-rigged. But the engine runs like a boss and we've ridden it down the driveway some. This is the first street bike I've ever ridden. It's supremely powerful! I grew up with a Yamaha TTR 90, a little tiny clutchless dirt bike, and My dad had a slightly bigger Honda 100 that actually had a clutch, so I learned to drive with that.

http://i39.tinypic.com/10y4fh0.jpg
Cool bike man! I like the little peanut tank and the beefy tires. I want to build a bike like that some time soon. Just a cool beater that I can just hop on and go. It's got to be a kickstart though

Unread 03-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

The Buttmonkey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Cool bike man! I like the little peanut tank and the beefy tires. I want to build a bike like that some time soon. Just a cool beater that I can just hop on and go. It's got to be a kickstart though
Truly, it wasn't all that expensive. Right now we're about $2000 in, and we expect to finish at around $3000. Pretty fair, I say.

As a 16 year old, I say this is a pretty awesome first bike!
Riffer likes this.
The Buttmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #25
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
How much frame work did you get into?

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote