homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #26
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is a great change from the usual break-up thread we get. I just hope you're not in shock and we don't hear about some huge breakdown later.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #27
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaeon View Post
My wife just filed for one... And I couldn't be happier.

However, I'm a bit irritated about the fact that she finds it necessary to fill me in on her wild oat sewing. I don't care, it's just too much information.
My last gf was like that. I think it makes petty women feel good about themselves. Women always seem to go through a GIRL POWER phase of sorts after ending a relationship.

It may end up bothering her more down the road than it bothers you now (guilt).
Randy, Xaios and highlordmugfug like this.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #28
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
A small recommendation for you:

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #29
not quite a shredder

VBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good luck bro. Been through similar situation. Good that you're still amicable - good to keep it that way so she doesn't get all litigious on you down the road. .
VBCheeseGrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #30
SS.org Regular

Thaeon is just really niceThaeon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
She's deffinitely on a girl power swinger kick right now. I know for certain she's been out drinking every night. I've had maybe 6 beers total on two separate nights. I may be a little annoyed, but I also don't want to see her .... up her situation. She's been going out with some sketchy people.

I've been hanging out with a girl 10 years younger than I am. I'm a 30 something so that's not quite as bad as it sounds. I'm getting a place with another guitar player and I've been recruited for a gig almost immediately. I'm about to get a promotion at my job that pays an extra few dollars an hour. Now if I could just find time for my homework.
Mr. Big Noodles likes this.
Thaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #31
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Upgrade
Konfyouzd and AxeHappy like this.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #32
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Now that always confuses me..

Is it;

.... bitches, get money. As is "I don't need bitches I'm getting money."

or.

.... bitches, get money. As in "Every time I .... a bitch, I get money."

Anyway...

.... ALL THE BITCHES THAEON!
Pooluke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #33
SS.org Regular

Thaeon is just really niceThaeon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Advice I've been taking somewhat seriously. I'm not the sort to chase skirts. But because of the specifics of how shit went down there wasn't a rebound. I'd rather spend my time with someone who's worth my time.

A funny coincidence. The chick I've been hanging out with works with kids. Yesterday she was telling me about how she was chasing a kid around like she was a T-Rex at work.
Konfyouzd likes this.
Thaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #34
Bass Player in Exile

HaMMerHeD is just really niceHaMMerHeD is just really nice
Quote:
However, I'm a bit irritated about the fact that she finds it necessary to fill me in on her wild oat sewing. I don't care, it's just too much information.
Instead of bragging about the bitches you are beddinw now, I'd go the opposite direction and tell her about all the hairy assholes you've been plowing. It doesn't matter that it isn't true. She'll get the point that you don't want to hear about her drippy snizz anymore.
snowblind56, Konfyouzd and Nile like this.
HaMMerHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #35
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Or you could take the high road and just ignore it, painful as that may (or may not...?) be.

I mean it's clear she doesn't really care about hurting anyone's feelings at the moment but getting into that sort of pissing match with an ex is an unnecesary elevation of one's blood pressure.
mlp187, skeels, Bigfan and 2 others like this.

Unread 02-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #36
Bass Player in Exile

Yeah, I guess that's an option too. I guess I'm not one to take the high-road in conflicts with women, because my experience has been that they will make it hostile and un-necessarily stressful anyway.

I hope the OP continues to have better luck with his divorce than I had with mine.
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #37
Dread-I Master

The only reason I see the high road as a better option is because when women hurt they want to hurt the person that hurt them it seems. And the more things you do to stir the pot the more things they do to escalate the situation so they can win the emotional war. And some women are ....ing RUTHLESS. They scare me.

Unread 02-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #38
Bass Player in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
The only reason I see the high road as a better option is because when women hurt they want to hurt the person that hurt them it seems. And the more things you do to stir the pot the more things they do to escalate the situation so they can win the emotional war. And some women are ....ing RUTHLESS. They scare me.
Indeed they are. I definitely took the high-road stance in my divorce, and it didn't work out for me at all. She was offended because I didn't blow up when she fanned the flames, so her reaction was to stop fanning the flames and bring out the flamethrower. She was intensely hateful and mean-spirited...just trying to pick a fight so she could play the victimized woman card. It didn't work out for her as I remained polite and courteous, but in the end, I don't know if it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I recorded all phone conversations and saved all email/IM conversations with her to show her hostility, but it didn't change anything. The judge just sided with her on everything, gave her the physical assets and full custody of the kid, and gave me all the debt. Lovely.
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #39
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooluke41 View Post

Is it;

or.

Anyway...

Legit question right here...

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #40
Dread-I Master

@ HammerHed -Oh... I hadn't considered that to be an option either...

"I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!!"

Sounds like that movie A Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Also, it seems the woman always gets awarded a lot of shit in a divorce unless she's way richer than you, and even then the outcome may be different than if the shoe were on the other foot. Funny how all citizesn receiving special treatment still find reasons to bitch.

It's like we've bred a sense of entitlement into ppl...

Unread 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #41
Banned

murakami is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
She's deffinitely on a girl power swinger kick right now. I know for certain she's been out drinking every night. I've had maybe 6 beers total on two separate nights. I may be a little annoyed, but I also don't want to see her .... up her situation. She's been going out with some sketchy people.

I've been hanging out with a girl 10 years younger than I am. I'm a 30 something so that's not quite as bad as it sounds. I'm getting a place with another guitar player and I've been recruited for a gig almost immediately. I'm about to get a promotion at my job that pays an extra few dollars an hour. Now if I could just find time for my homework.

dude, she made her decision... you owe her nothing. the fact that she choose to tell you about her "wild oats" bullshit just really rubbed me the wrong way.

it's understandable that you still have some feelings; it's human to be that way. but she messed up... if she gets into a situation where shes troubled by people she chose to hang with, then let her handle it. thats what her "wild oat sowing" bullshit got her into. you're not obligated to save her.

if she ever crawls back to you, just say, "you did this, not me." ~ i hope you have no mental scarring from this. woman can be bitches.
Randy likes this.
murakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #42
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
This is a great change from the usual break-up thread we get. I just hope you're not in shock and we don't hear about some huge breakdown later.
I would quite like to be reassured of this too.

And HammerHed, that's one shitty story right there, sounds like absolute hell to go through. The kind of mental strength you'd need to cope with that...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #43
Yes, pancakes.

simulclass83 is just really nicesimulclass83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooluke41 View Post

Is it;

or.

Anyway...

I always thought it was:

.... bitches, get money. As in "Preform intercourse, earn currency." Like you get BOTH. Niether is related to the other in a direct sense.
AxeHappy likes this.
simulclass83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #44
SLAMZ

brutalslam is a jewel in the rough
Bigfan and AngstRiddenDreams like this.

My Brutal Death Metal Project
www.youtube.com/calculatedbarbarity
brutalslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #45
is really Sasquatch.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^^^^
That right there is the true meaning!

I just wasted your time.
AngstRiddenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote