homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reptile and Amphibian Appreciation Thread

So SilenceIsACrime recently got a frilled lizard, and I know numerous people on here have reptiles of their own or like them, so I figured this could be a thread where people can just talk about reptiles and amphibians in general. They're a group of animals that have always interested me greatly and I've been lucky enough to get up close and own some awesome ones. I've owned an axolotl, African clawed frogs and a leopard gecko. Pics of those below (Not mine).

AxeHappy and SilenceIsACrime like this.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
I wanted a lizard terribly when I was a kid, now I'm going to wait until I can support one

I loved reptiles, and still do, they are just... so awesome

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Indeed.

SilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of lightSilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of lightSilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of light

Had to

But yes, I have been fascinated with reptiles ever since I was a young lad and am super happy to be an owner of such an awesome lizard again! As far as other reptiles I've owned: when I was much younger I had a Rosy Boa named Snack and not much later I had a Bearded Dragon named Hartley. Here are some stock pics of both....

Everyone please share your pets or simply your thoughts about how awesome reps and phibs are!
vampiregenocide and Alberto7 like this.

"Whether it's Rogaine, your 'stache or magic, this guitar needs a friggin beard now." - BangandBreach

Is it a right to remain ignorant? I don't know, but I refuse to find out!
SilenceIsACrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I really want a python or a gecko at the moment. A blood python or New Caledonian giant gecko would be badass.

Unread 01-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
ΩGJ :3

Alberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to behold
LSDHFLASHKJDF I want a ....ing lizard! Or a snake. A snake will do

I've never owned any amphibians or reptiles before, given that they're pretty much hated within my family members . However, about 3 weeks ago, my sisters made an impulse buy of two African clawed frogs. The thing is, since it was an impulse buy, they didn't do their research and homework before acquiring them.

Guess what? They're bright ....ing blue and bright ....ing green. They are dyed. They're apparently the new trend in China. They get albino African clawed frogs and inject them with dye when they're little, which can apparently hurt them severely. Sure, they look extremely cute (they don't look like live animals. They look like small toys). They don't sell the appropriate foods for them here. It's freaking cruel ... My sisters and I are trying everything we can to give them the best life possible.

On another note, axolotls are badass. I want to own one at some point .

Sum ergo cogito; cogito ergo dubito; dubito ergo cogito; cogito ergo sum.
Alberto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
Bald and gribbly.

BigBaldIan is just really niceBigBaldIan is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sadly myself and the missus won't be keeping any more reptiles. However meet Kai, the Leopard Gecko who slithered off this mortal coil aged 12+

Gothic Headhunter likes this.
BigBaldIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
For most of my life, I've harbored an un-explainable, visceral obsession with King Cobras.

Dunno what it is, exactly, but I find them completely hypnotic.
Alberto7 likes this.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
A Chap Called Ross

They're very intelligent, regal animals. Mambas and cobras tend to be more active and curious than other snakes too, so they're fun to watch. Scary though, a fully grown king cobra can look at you at eye level when raised up.
synrgy likes this.
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

Jontain is just really niceJontain is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have no pictures of her atm I am afraid but I own a leopard gecko called Bob. Thats right she was called Bob before my brother could tell her sex but the name stuck!

She is awesome, very interesting animals. Pretty happy aswell as she suffered some damage to her jaw from a locus that had evolved to its final stage and I had to nurse her back to health after she lost alot of weight off both her tail and body.

Thankfully she is now back up to weight and the strength has returned to her jaw so all is well, went for a bit of worry for a while and literally had to hand feed her for a while which was weird (now that she is back up to full health she wont still eat from my hand which is good as it shows she still enjoys the hunt).

Other than that we have a Platinum ball python which is my brothers, he is into all his morph snakes so is trying to get some interesting hatchlings from breeding with the right genes etc (he is much more of a reptile nerd than I!).
Jontain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

This is what my brother hopes to be able to get from his breeding.

The Blue Eyed Leucistic Ball Python:

Pied Ball Pythons are also stunning, amazing patterns.
MikeH, AxeHappy, Alberto7 and 4 others like this.
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #11

Alberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to behold
^ Those are some of the most beautiful snakes I have ever seen.

Unread 01-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
A Chap Called Ross

Those are gorgeous morphs, they fetch a lot on the market too. I'd love a blue eye.
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Yeah they are really amazing looking snakes.

My brother was also showing me pictures the other day of scaleless corn snakes, which look really really odd. Sometimes i think people can go a bit ott with the selective gene breeding although I suppose as long as the snake remains fit and healthy its all in the pursuit of interesting varieties

Obligatory first find google pics:

Ok so their not strictly scaleless as they tend to have a few on their face/mouth but still very interesting, found myself wondering if they actually shed as per normal, may have to find out.

Great thread though, reptiles are such fascinating animals.
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontain View Post
Woah what is that? Never seen it before. Gorgeous.
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
Indeed.

SilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of lightSilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of lightSilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of light
Those snakes are all stunning!

When I was looking for supplies for my Frilled this shop I went to actually had a "scaleless" Bearded Dragon. He said he imported it from Italy and that there are only 30 or so in the world! Here are some pics I took.

He is one the worlds largest Western Hognose Snake dealers in the world and also deals with some morph stuff. He was the first to breed one with two heads - he showed us a pic on his phone to prove it. Crazy stuff!
Cabinet likes this.

"Whether it's Rogaine, your 'stache or magic, this guitar needs a friggin beard now." - BangandBreach

Is it a right to remain ignorant? I don't know, but I refuse to find out!
SilenceIsACrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/pink freud is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/

None more trippy.
AxeHappy likes this.
pink freud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink freud View Post
None more trippy.
Especially if you lick them.
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink freud View Post
Also none more venomous . Unless you raise it in captivity, of course

Unread 01-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Jontain, you wouldn't happen to be a member of ball-pythons.net, would you? I've seen a couple of those pictures. Also, that BEL is absolutely beautiful. I've owned a few reptiles (mostly Anole lizards), but only have one currently. Kaa, my Normal ball python.

Looking to get a bigger constrictor later this year, provided that they aren't banned by then.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
I really want a python or a gecko at the moment. A blood python or New Caledonian giant gecko would be badass.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4111/5...3115b3de_z.jpg
That is, indeed, one giant damn lizard.
I've always found reptiles very fascinating since I was young (had an obsession with dinosaurs back then as I'm sure most young men did that that age), but snakes have always kinda terrified me. I understand they aren't all necessary hostile or anything, but it's just a personal thing for me, so as long as it's behind glass (or I am) then we are all copacetic .
Lizards are quite awesome though, and that scaleless bearded dragon looks incredible!

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.
BlackMastodon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:47 AM   #21
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Jontain, you wouldn't happen to be a member of ball-pythons.net, would you? I've seen a couple of those pictures. Also, that BEL is absolutely beautiful. I've owned a few reptiles (mostly Anole lizards), but only have one currently. Kaa, my Normal ball python.
I am afraid not, I wil check to see if my brother is though as I said he is more into his snakes than I and I am afraid those photographs are just internet finds.

I would love a morph but I dont have room for any more vivs at the moment! Bob (Leopard Gecko) has a good few years in her yet but after she has passed I may look into getting a nice ball.

My brothers platinum is currently being a bit of a rascal atm as its breeding season so he appears to be more horney than hungry lol, do feel a bit sorry for him fruitlessly searching his viv for a mate although not long now and he should have a nice spider ball python to 'satisfy his needs' with lol

Lovely ball though man, I have to say as much as I like the exotic morphs etc I still really like the plain markings on snakes, they can be so intricate!
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #22

SD83 is a jewel in the rough
As much as I love snakes, most I've seen yet were just lying around for days and just changing their place every now and then. A frilled dragon would be cool, but since they can grow to 30'' of length, they would need way too much space. Water dragons on the other hand... I'm really considering getting one, especially since a friend of mine has a pair and a couple of young ones + some experience and knowledge to share.
@Jontain: That Pied Ball Python might be one of the most gorgeous snakes I've ever seen.

No one should be protected from the effects of their own stupidity.

What you don't understand is that music is not a part of life. Life IS music.
SD83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontain View Post
I am afraid not, I wil check to see if my brother is though as I said he is more into his snakes than I and I am afraid those photographs are just internet finds.

I would love a morph but I dont have room for any more vivs at the moment! Bob (Leopard Gecko) has a good few years in her yet but after she has passed I may look into getting a nice ball.

My brothers platinum is currently being a bit of a rascal atm as its breeding season so he appears to be more horney than hungry lol, do feel a bit sorry for him fruitlessly searching his viv for a mate although not long now and he should have a nice spider ball python to 'satisfy his needs' with lol

Lovely ball though man, I have to say as much as I like the exotic morphs etc I still really like the plain markings on snakes, they can be so intricate!
Platinums are gorgeous, as well as spiders. Hopefully he gets some cool offspring out of that batch. If I'm not mistaken, he should have a 25% chance of some lesser bees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD83 View Post
As much as I love snakes, most I've seen yet were just lying around for days and just changing their place every now and then. A frilled dragon would be cool, but since they can grow to 30'' of length, they would need way too much space. Water dragons on the other hand... I'm really considering getting one, especially since a friend of mine has a pair and a couple of young ones + some experience and knowledge to share.
@Jontain: That Pied Ball Python might be one of the most gorgeous snakes I've ever seen.
Pythons are mostly nocturnal, so once 10 o'clock rolls around, my snake is all over his terrarium. Especially when I put the moon light on him. I tend not to feed until night time, because that's when he's most active and willing to take a mouse.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when i first saw this picture, it said it was a new species of insanely venomous snake found in the amazons...now its not so venomous and found in thiland....eitherway, beautiful green!

"Welcome tooo this placeee, I show you everyyyythannnggggggg

Like here is our beverage bar, we have everything from everclear to hard whiskey to make the pain go away, over there is the friend zone, and in this corner we have computers for massive amounts of porn to counteract the lack of vagina that you will be experiencing! Enjoy your stay! And remember! Once you leave the singles club, don't forget your friends!
Unlike" -DoomJazz
soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #25
Bring the gain

Looks to be a pit viper, no?

Anyways, I captured some feeding photos of my guy today. They have a little blood in them, so if you have a weak stomach, I'll make a big space so you don't have to look.

Here they are!

He actually bit onto the leg of the mouse when he struck, so he got a little confused.

"Where the hell is his head?!"

"...Nevermind. Here it is."

"Nom nom nom."

And a full belly.

I have a video uploading now, so I'll post that once it's done taking a lifetime. And yes, he has a bit of blood on his underside, so he gets a snake bath today.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM