homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree93Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Need ideas to make 200$ a month

hey guys, i have an opportunity to finally get out of my daft house again with friends. but at the cost of 200$ a month.

i am trying to think of ways to get this money!!!

and yes I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOREVER!!
so unless you live and idaho and want to hire me, a job isnt a optional answer ha

neither do i want to be a prostitute or sell drugz, none of those ideas either

i can teach music theory and and guitar lessons but barely anybody hits me up on craigslist for that, and i haven't found a person that wasn't a flake.

when i collected cans religiously i made about 60$ a month and my pretty immediate family OWNS the local recycling center in town.

i tried that plasma donation stuff and was denied because of my pokemon tattoo for a year as per there normal rules.

and dont worry about food, idahoen's taxs will pay for my steak and lobster when i am off my parents dime

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what jobs have you been applying for man? you may just have to bite the bullet, look for work at slaughterhouses, cleaning,flipping burgers, basically jobs no one else wants. if that doesnt work maybe try your hand at busking if you are good enough to teach guitar

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashmanzac View Post
what jobs have you been applying for man? you may just have to bite the bullet, look for work at slaughterhouses, cleaning,flipping burgers, basically jobs no one else wants. if that doesnt work maybe try your hand at busking if you are good enough to teach guitar
last job interview was to clean toilets and showers at a truckstop, and here i am jobless

i have applied at every shopping center, convenient store, and fast food place i can think of

i am not familiar with the term busking, but if its street musician stuff.
its wintertime in idaho, and even on a summer day i imagine making like 8$ if i was lucky in downtown boise lol

Check out my band

My youtube

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Unread 11-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalwizard View Post
last job interview was to clean toilets and showers at a truckstop, and here i am jobless

i am not familiar with the term busking, but if its street musician stuff.
its wintertime in idaho, and even on a summer day i imagine making like 8$ if i was lucky in downtown boise lol
wow man why is it so hard to find a job over there?
$8 a day is $192 a month!
wintertime hey? how about shovelling snow from peoples driveways and shit?

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
Pretty Your Petunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashmanzac View Post
wow man why is it so hard to find a job over there?
$8 a day is $192 a month!
wintertime hey? how about shovelling snow from peoples driveways and shit?
maybe if its start snowing lol
thats a good idea for sure though!!

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 11-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
Yugen.

Aevolve is just really niceAevolve is just really nice
Well. Have you been following up on all of your applications, doing everything necessary to make yourself look good to the potential employer?
I understand it's a tough job market, but I feel as though a lot of people exaggerate how hard they're looking for jobs and how much they're truly trying.
Although if you really are trying your very best, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Also- try grocery stores. From my experience they're always hiring people.

Unread 11-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
Pretty Your Petunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachesMcKenzie View Post
Well. Have you been following up on all of your applications, doing everything necessary to make yourself look good to the potential employer?
I understand it's a tough job market, but I feel as though a lot of people exaggerate how hard they're looking for jobs and how much they're truly trying.
Although if you really are trying your very best, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Also- try grocery stores. From my experience they're always hiring people.
i cut my hair, speak very well, and call back.

and everytime i followup i get either similar to my mcdonalds experience were i got told not to call them, that if they were interested they would contact me.
or "you had a good interview, but this other guy had more janitorial experience'

the biggest flaw in my resume is I have never had a job before and i am 19 hhaha

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 11-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
Elite Troop

Gamba is just really niceGamba is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
restaurants man, they always need someone to do something. Even if you can't cook, if 200 bucks is all you need you can dishwash. If you are a "cool" guy you can even get a job as a waiter. You don't need to make a life out of it, but is a decent "transition job"

Man is just a pupil, pain is his teacher.
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
Pretty Your Petunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamba View Post
restaurants man, they always need someone to do something. Even if you can't cook, if 200 bucks is all you need you can dishwash. If you are a "cool" guy you can even get a job as a waiter. You don't need to make a life out of it, but is a decent "transition job"
I would gladly wash dishes all day everyday

and if it evolved to were i can jamz some tunes while i washed dishes i could work there my whole life

but anyways back to the NOT FINDING A JOB TASK AT HAND lol

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 11-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^ You can make $200/night at the right restaurant.

Honestly, it's kinda hard to make money w/o a job of some kind. That's pretty much what everyone else does. Start selling body parts on ebay... I dunno.
UnderTheSign likes this.

Unread 11-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #11
Yugen.

Quote:
i cut my hair, speak very well, and call back.

and everytime i followup i get either similar to my mcdonalds experience were i got told not to call them, that if they were interested they would contact me.
or "you had a good interview, but this other guy had more janitorial experience'

the biggest flaw in my resume is I have never had a job before and i am 19 hhaha
I just got my first job and I'm 17. You can do it man. I believe in you.
Keep applying and keep following up. On every single application.
brutalwizard likes this.

Unread 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
Yugen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
^ You can make $200/night at the right restaurant.
Precisely why when I'm turning 18 I'm finding a waiting job and quitting the .... out of my current job.
Konfyouzd likes this.

Unread 11-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #13
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You're 19, unless your parents are physically or sexually abusive, stay home until you're in the position to leave. Living without the 'rents is awesome, but if you're not ready it can be a terrible experience.
Randy, Thep, FYP666 and 7 others like this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #14
Pretty Your Petunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
You're 19, unless your parents are physically or sexually abusive, stay home until you're in the position to leave. Living without the 'rents is awesome, but if you're not ready it can be a terrible experience.
yeah i am far aware and reget leaving the first time, and my parents are awesome and young and FUN. more fun now cause i am 19, they were decently strict growing up

but the first time i moved out it ended with me selling all my sickest gear
6505+ basson cab, random other stuff gone

i just want to go be a normal person, i am basically a boring shut-in at home.

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 11-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #15
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
I don't think moving out is going to solve your problem.

I think you should go to school. At least until you find a steady, rewarding job.
MikeH and UnderTheSign like this.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
Pretty Your Petunia

Quote:
I don't think moving out is going to solve your problem.

I think you should go to school. At least until you find a steady, rewarding job.

one day max, i dont plan for school till long after i have a job to support myself through it.

i wished upon a star last night to get this jack in the box job i applied for 37 miles away from me. hopefully that pans out haha

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 11-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #17
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Have you tried applying for grants to go to school? Trade schools?

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #18
Pretty Your Petunia

Quote:
Have you tried applying for grants to go to school? Trade schools?
i have not, and i dont even know what to go to school for.

music = no money

so i basically i am stuck at a standstill not affording or caring to about something that seems uninteresting.

i thought culinary arts would be neat, but a kid a bit older then me in the local music scene. He just got done with school for that and works at a denny's right now trying to afford living and paying of his loans. working on a way to get to a bigger city to find better work.

so idk what to do

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 11-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #19
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^^ Music= no money indeed. That is why you go train for a real job. You are 19 now, so it is time to look a little more realistically at 'being a rockstar!' Culinary work isn't a whole lot better, most of the time.

It sucks you can't find work, especially if you got shot back after an interview as a janitor, but maybe you don't carry yourself well, or do not look presentable enough? Anything you can change there?

Jobs don't have to be what you really want to do, they don't even have to be fun. They do need to keep you living comfortably and allow you to do what you find fun though, which is more important.
UnderTheSign likes this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
Unread 11-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Military
Chickenhawk likes this.
Unread 11-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #21
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Can't think of a way to make $200/month => you are soooo not ready to move out man.
Randy, MikeH, Thep and 11 others like this.
Unread 11-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
Pretty Your Petunia

well i guess its time to live up to my KINDA being a slut.
and i didnt get the janitor job cause someone older people with experience did lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMarine75 View Post
Military

the army inst into fat guys lol
thedarkoceans likes this.

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 11-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #23
Wound tight

Nimgoble is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
i have not, and i dont even know what to go to school for.

music = no money

so i basically i am stuck at a standstill not affording or caring to about something that seems uninteresting.

i thought culinary arts would be neat, but a kid a bit older then me in the local music scene. He just got done with school for that and works at a denny's right now trying to afford living and paying of his loans. working on a way to get to a bigger city to find better work.

so idk what to do
Take a few hours and just search through jobs on Monster, Indeed, etc. Look at what companies are looking for. Choose the skill that seems the most interesting to you, or least revolting. Get training for it and apply for jobs that demand that skill. Pursue music in your spare time. You may wind up hating your life, but tough shit. That's what happens when none of your interests are marketable. Do what you have to to survive.
Unread 11-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #24
Pretty Your Petunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimgoble View Post
Take a few hours and just search through jobs on Monster, Indeed, etc. Look at what companies are looking for. Choose the skill that seems the most interesting to you, or least revolting. Get training for it and apply for jobs that demand that skill. Pursue music in your spare time. You may wind up hating your life, but tough shit. That's what happens when none of your interests are marketable. Do what you have to to survive.
guess i should just school for business and open a McDonald's somewhere, they can never fail

i have a feeling i am going to grow up to be 40ish living with my parents, and a burden of the state after the lol

Check out my band

My youtube

Unread 11-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #25
..to pay the beels

skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/skeels is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Henry Ford said "Whether you think you can or you think you can't - you're probably right."
Randy and USMarine75 like this.
Closed Thread