homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By nojyeloot
  • 1 Post By Sofos
  • 1 Post By Fred the Shred
  • 1 Post By mattofvengeance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Talking Too much GREAT news for one thread (Part 1 of 2): Guitar Competition Entry

Crazy good week. Read below (and the/my next thread) for a cool story:

Saturday, September 3rd: I found out that Oh, Sleeper was having a guitar tablature/cover contest for their new album's title track "Children of Fire". Rules were to submit a video response to the below video and the person with the best performed and best put together video would win. I was filling in on guitar for an opening band (Bear Witness) that following week for the Frak The Gods tour on 9/8, so I didn't think much of it, especially since it was getting close to my wife's due date for our 2nd boy.

Saturday, September 10th: Well, having played the aforementioned show, I decided to give it a shot. I didn't have much time to practice with my wife being 9 months pregnant, and due the week the contest ends, so I took my axe to work to practice the arpeggios during my lunch hour, using a free metronome app on my Samsung Focus . Thank the Lord for my wife, she is absolutely awesome for urging me to do it. Those of you that have had kids, know that that last month is when you become quite UNavailable.

First prize gets a Jackson Warrior (I think it's a WRXT, judging by the vid, but not sure).

Saturday September 24th: Time was getting short, and only had a small opportunity to track/record so I had to do it this day, which was three days before the competition was over.

I had to gear up to stand a chance, so, I borrowed my buddy's AxeFx Ultra (tweaked a cool DAS METAL patch), borrowed a Nikon D7000, borrowed an old Jackson JS-1 w/ EMGs, and downloaded a free trial of Sony Vegas Pro 10.

During tracking, on a whim, I decided to learn the bass part too. Glad I did.

And then I made this video:

Tuesday, September 27th: Competition has ended, though a couple dudes were allowed to enter their vids late. And now the waiting begins...

Thursday, September 29th: The NIGHT before we go in for a scheduled C-section, I get notification to look @ Oh, Sleeper's fb status update. Here's what it said:
Quote:
Oh, Sleeper
Attn Guitarist:

Shane here...

After much debate we have decided that Jon Tooley has won our guitar contest give-away. Not only did he play the song flawlessly on each instrument, but he's an extremely humble dude who had to BORROW a guitar and amp to make the video. If anyone deserves to own a guitar its him.

With that being said, there are a bunch of other videos that were insanely impressive! We are gunna be hooking a bunch of other video makers with some merch/etc.

User name "Narlithatog" will be getting a shirt and maybe a tab book if he wants it signed! This guy has one of the craziest right hand techniques ever. Plus he changed up the fingerings for the sweeps which was awesome. He DEF didnt need a new guitar, he already has the best one ever made.

User name "ThisPhantomCalm" added some amazing harmonies and improv in the song, which I personally loved! This guy plays left handed, so our guitar wouldnt do him much good anyway! haha.

User name "Jakewilley101" made a hilarious video and took the time to run around town and act like an idiot. Which was amazing. He HAS the guitar we are giving away as well! hahaha

Those come to mind right now. Stay tuned we will be getting in contact with a few more dudes who made videos and sending them OS goodies too!

This has been a lot of fun seeing all you guys shredding. If I didnt mention you its because I have to go to practice for our show tomorrow night and Im running outa time!

Love you guys.

Keep Shredding

May the Force be with you, always.

Shane

ps- jons video..

*video link*

Stay tuned for PART 2...
Randy and JP Universe like this.

http://www.facebook.com/BristolGuitars | https://soundcloud.com/nojyeloot

"If anyone speaks badly of you, live so that no one believes it."[/FONT]

nojyeloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Part 2 of 2
Too much GREAT news for one thread (Part 2 of 2): NBD - MY SON IS BORN

Unread 10-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
Sludgy Balls of Doom

Location: The Very Very Very Very Very Very Inverted Mountains of Kxziiiimfghhhblaghl
Sofos is pretty much the man.Sofos is pretty much the man.Sofos is pretty much the man.Sofos is pretty much the man.Sofos is pretty much the man.Sofos is pretty much the man.Sofos is pretty much the man.Sofos is pretty much the man.Sofos is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
epic congratulations on everything man! kick ass guitar, and your son is adorable!
nojyeloot likes this.

In desperate need of a 64-String Meshuggah-Harp

Blackened Death Metal from Olympia, WA
MySpace Facebook ReverbNation YouTube

“Very atmospheric and well done.”
— Ashmedi (Melechesh), Facebook
“Music is dark and heavy, really cool!”
— Oli Beaudoin (Neuraxis, Keep of Kalessin, Belphegor, Kataklysm), Facebook
Sofos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldiersOfFilth View Post
epic congratulations on everything man! kick ass guitar, and your son is adorable!
Thanks man .

I can't get over the pure excellence of your avatar btw

Unread 10-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Shrederick

Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Congratulations are most definitely in order, good sir!
nojyeloot likes this.

Buy my album, will you? My store | CDBaby
FredBrum.com
Happily endorsed by Caparison Guitars, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gruv Gear, Sik Pik Picks, PHD Picks and Spectraflex cables
Fred the Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bad ass

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #7
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy shit dude, congrats! I can't even put it into words how much of a congratulations you deserve. So... uh...

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Congrats, bro! None of this could have happened to a more awesome dude.
nojyeloot likes this.
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
Giggity

JP Universe is pretty much the man.JP Universe is pretty much the man.JP Universe is pretty much the man.JP Universe is pretty much the man.JP Universe is pretty much the man.JP Universe is pretty much the man.JP Universe is pretty much the man.JP Universe is pretty much the man.JP Universe is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Congrats!
JP Universe is offline   Reply With Quote