homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So, the lady kicked me out today...

...soooooorta... It's more like a mutual decision. She has every right to be sick of me at this point... and, well, I've been wanting to get out myself.

Backstory y'all don't really care about: See, I've been looking for work for quite some time now (as I quit my job over two-and-and-a-half years ago, have found nothing since), and have been scratching by on the occasional freelance gig... and, well, our relationship hit a wall soon after I was out of work, so we've been sticking it out for quite some time to get by financially.

But anywho, three of the five guys in my band recently got a house up in Vancouver, Washington, and they'll take my freeloading ass in, so in the interest of sanity for the both of us, I'm moving up there. Seriously, she's been more than kind to put up with a broken relationship for so long, by keeping me from having to abandon my town and peeps to go back to Phoenix to live with my mom until this recession shit blows over (if it ever does ). She (the girlfriend) lost her job about three months ago, so the best of luck to her in getting back on her feet as well.

The good side of things is this will be uber-conducive to band's progress (not to mention all our other pipe dream projects), having most of the members and all our stuff under one roof! Also, I'm technically and effectively single now (the living together in a one bedroom apartment thing made any other option a bit awkward), so feel free to send the PDX-area smashable my way.
XEN and jymellis like this.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Death Metal™

cwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of light
Good luck dude

try to make the best out of your situation
Variant likes this.

Mesa 2 channel
Basson 4x12

cwhitey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Have fun dude.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Congrats duder, hope you can find something that works for you.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Seeing people handle situations like this maturely, optimistically and logically is always a great thing, doesn't happen often enough. Hope it pans out!

Praise the sun!
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Why did I read the thread title as "Lady Gaga kicked me today"
Good luck mate, seems you're handling this well!
Dead Undead likes this.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
ss.org Regular

metalman_ltd will become famous soon enough
Make the best of the situation if work is herd to find maybe try something else for awhile.

BACK TO THE GRAVE
metalman_ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Thundercrafter

Dead Undead is just really niceDead Undead is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman700 View Post
Good luck mate, seems you're handling this well!
You're not the only one...
Dead Undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
I'm in a similar position man, feels good right?
Variant likes this.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 03:54 AM   #11
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
I'm in a similar position man, feels good right?
Yeah, kinda weird being a change after so long, but definitely refreshing.

As for the Lady Gaga thing, if anything, I'd kick her in the face... not because I hate her persona (I do) or her shitty music (I do), but she makes the same ....ing retarded face in every single photo she's in, it's the exact same face that a cat makes when it smells another cat's piss. What the .... is up with that?!
Unread 07-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #12
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
+1 to everything jym said.

Good luck man, have fun, and enjoy your new life!
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #13
Redefining Sound

The Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman700 View Post
Projection of desire?

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic. — Dresden James

Buy my album, My Titanic Grave, at whatever price you choose on Bandcamp!
SoundClickMySpaceTwitterFacebookYouTube - My music, my Let's Plays, and my anarchist home build.
The Atomic Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #14
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT!

Variant likes this.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #15
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I'll be the buzzkill of the gang and flat out say that if you didn't find a job after two and a half years, you weren't looking very hard.
DavyH, dantejayg85 and KevHo like this.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #16
Sexytime!

caskettheclown is just really nicecaskettheclown is just really nice
Living in a place with your band?

In theory could be amazing , though it could go down the shitter quick.

Have fun bro!
caskettheclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 01:30 AM   #17
Elderly juvenile

DavyH is a glorious beacon of lightDavyH is a glorious beacon of lightDavyH is a glorious beacon of light
Your ex deserves to be sainted. Or committed. Seriously.
Variant likes this.
DavyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #18
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibz_rg View Post
I'll be the buzzkill of the gang and flat out say that if you didn't find a job after two and a half years, you weren't looking very hard.
My wife has handed out over 400 resume's over the past 2 years, she has a degree, outstanding references and 7 years experience in her field and finally after 2 years of not finding anything in her field had to settle and get something just barely above minimum wage.
Sometimes it's not as easy as you think.

Best of luck though man with aquiring the moneys and the bitches.....
AxeHappy likes this.

Gsus died for your sins

Tell the people there's an invisible man in the sky that created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #19
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Okay, but sometimes having some money is better than waiting to find the job you want. I feel like $8 an hour sure beats the .... out of.....you know.....none.
OrsusMetal, Daiephir and SirMyghin like this.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 07-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #20
Expect us

Anonymous is a jewel in the rough
Im glad you took it all well man, Good luck!
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #21
". . . . . . . ."

larry is just really nicelarry is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
jesus .... ryan, still no luck on the job front. i'm sorry bro. two years is a long time to
get by on scraps. i hate to say it man, but you may have to settle for something in the
$9 to $10/hr range.

good luck man.

OR!!!!

<pipedream>

you could collaborate with keith or misha, and produce an ep for
itunes download. i wouldn't know how to set that up, but just jamming
with either of those guys would coax some pretty killer song ideas out
of thin air. what you'd learn from the recording session alone would
be priceless.

</pipedream>

". . . . . . . ."
comissioned: sii-8 scale
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

Cogito is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibz_rg View Post
Okay, but sometimes having some money is better than waiting to find the job you want. I feel like $8 an hour sure beats the .... out of.....you know.....none.
My thoughts exactly. I can't comprehend not being able to find a job for more than 2 years... Thats a .... load of time to not work.
Cogito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #23
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Atleast you don't have to feel ashamed when you masturbate due to the lack of sex.
GATA4 likes this.
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #24
Bring the gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
My thoughts exactly. I can't comprehend not being able to find a job for more than 2 years... Thats a .... load of time to not work.
I can't get by not working for 2 weeks, let alone 2 years.

KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt397 View Post
My wife has handed out over 400 resume's over the past 2 years, she has a degree, outstanding references and 7 years experience in her field and finally after 2 years of not finding anything in her field had to settle and get something just barely above minimum wage.
Sometimes it's not as easy as you think.

Best of luck though man with aquiring the moneys and the bitches.....
This.

I've probably bumped out even more than that. A disturbingly large portion of the unemployed U.S. population are long-term unemployed (that's 6 months or more, many of them well over 6 months out). There's a particular pocket right now that many like myself and your wife are in, where you're mid- to mid/high-skilled with a moderate amount of professional experience (I've got about 10 years) where you're generally not cut out for the high-level/high-experience positions out there, as well as being well over the bar for entry-level and low wadge positions. Not sure that Ibz_rg has heard the term "overqualified" before, but it can become the bane of one's existence. I've tried the pissant jobs, far less (i.e., nothing) comes back, where I've gotten the occasional follow up from grown-up jobs.

Frankly, I've been throttled back pretty hard on the job search for some time now. As much as I'm not really flooded with graphic design work, it's at least something and I'd rather spend my time doing something that pays a little here-and-there than sending out resumes day-in-and-day-out and not getting jack shit.