homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By SirMyghin
  • 3 Post By JamesM
  • 1 Post By Konfyouzd
  • 1 Post By leandroab

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Banned

thedarkoceans is just really nicethedarkoceans is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question How to make money for a young bass player

hi guys.i'm 13 and this summer i would like to get some money.not a lot,but some to save and then buy a new bass.what should i do?
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Sell local tourist trinkets on ebay for a profit
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Infamous Impact is just really niceInfamous Impact is just really nice
I don't think any place hires until 14 really. Amusement parks hire at 14 though.

"...When they find out you have more than the standard number of strings... It's like you're the ....in' highlander or something..."
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Bud, if you need money, you should do what a wise man once said, "Yip-ip-ip-ip-ip, hum-um-um-um-um-um Get a job."

In all seriousness, a summer job should fund you with more than enough cash. Even in fast food places like McDonalds or something.
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mow some lawns? Garden work/landscaping/yard clean up and whatnot might be a good idea too if you are too young for a real job.
Bigfan and thedarkoceans like this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Could always give out handy's behind Walgreens.

(Don't do that).
Dan, Guitarman700 and niffnoff like this.
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
Mow some lawns? Garden work/landscaping/yard clean up and whatnot might be a good idea too if you are too young for a real job.
Another good suggestion. Check your local neighbourhood and offer some domestic/community services for some cash. There's a lot of people who are willing to pay you for it too.
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Armada View Post
Could always give out handy's behind Walgreens.

(Don't do that).
Dress like a girl and do it while your voice still allows you to!

(dont actually do that)
Unread 06-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hit on a rich pedophile until he buys you everything you want.

(Don't do that).
Unread 06-30-2011, 10:05 AM   #10
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You should introduce yourself to the wonderful world of employment.

People will pay for anything done halfway decent that they don't have to do themselves...

Are you able to apply for a work permit? I think I was about 14 before I could get one, but you never know. Walk dogs, mow lawns, cat sit, babysit, help elderly with whatever the .... they need, lemonade stand...?

Unread 06-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
Banned

thedarkoceans is just really nicethedarkoceans is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Dress like a girl and do it while your voice still allows you to!

(dont actually do that)

hhhhmmm man...my voice don't allows me anymore.
Unread 06-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
I AM AHAB!!!!

5656130 has a spectacular aura about
14 year olds are allowed to get real jobs? How come noone told me this before?

If you're going to neg rep me, please sign it so I can track you down and pop your eyes out with a spoon!
Unread 06-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #13
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5656130 View Post
14 year olds are allowed to get real jobs? How come noone told me this before?
I had to apply for a work permit with my school guidance counselor. This was 12 years ago by the way...

Unread 06-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #14
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
I think McDonalds hires at 14.
Unread 06-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
Dread-I Master

That's where I worked... Awful ....ing place... But it IS money...
Bigfan likes this.

Unread 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Blind Theory is just really niceBlind Theory is just really nice
I say try mowing lawns and things like that. Otherwise, good luck finding an actual job. I am willing to bet that NO ONE is going to hire an inexperienced 13 year old. It is damn near impossible to find a job for me and I am 18 with some experience in multiple fields (from temp jobs and such). The job market is shit for people with a chance...I have to say you don't have a chance. Sorry. But if you are consistent you can make good money off of yard work and various odds and ends jobs around your neighborhood.
Unread 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #17
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Theory View Post
I say try mowing lawns and things like that. Otherwise, good luck finding an actual job. I am willing to bet that NO ONE is going to hire an inexperienced 13 year old. It is damn near impossible to find a job for me and I am 18 with some experience in multiple fields (from temp jobs and such). The job market is shit for people with a chance...I have to say you don't have a chance. Sorry. But if you are consistent you can make good money off of yard work and various odds and ends jobs around your neighborhood.
He's living in Italy, not the US.
Unread 06-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #18
Dread-I Master

Are the working ages that much different over there?

Unread 06-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #19
ss.org Irregular

Nonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I mowed yards at your age with a local lawn crew. It was rough work and sometimes 16 hours a day but I made lots of cash. Bought my first Ibanez like that.
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
Mow some lawns?
I think mowing lawns is his best bet here...

Bigfan likes this.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
Closed Thread