homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #76
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBOV View Post
I'm a Domino's delivery driver. This is the most stress free job I have ever had. In all of my other jobs, there was a supervisor breathing down my neck all ....ing day. My truck gets about 20 mpg, the mileage reimbursement from Domino's is more than enough to pay for the gas used in each trip, and most tips are big enough to pay for more than a gallon of gas.
When I applied for this job, I didn't think I'd like it at all. The only bad thing about this job is when I'm driving down the street I need to be on, but no one makes their address visible. So I have to call the customer and ask which house is theirs.
I forgot to mention, I listen to metal when driving.
techcoreriffman and ayambakar like this.
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-26-2011, 03:48 AM   #77
ss.org Regular

jack10110 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp Griffyn View Post
Been there, done that man. Look on the bright side though, it gives you loads of skills that can be taken to the next level in a real professional environment, and if you focus on those skills it can really help in interviews for better jobs.

Just from working checkouts you have

*Experience in working alone, using initiative to solve problems
*Dealing with customers in a professional manner
*Working with customers to resolve complaints
*Numeracy
*Responsible cash handler

If you can get around the supermarket you've also got

*Stock rotation
*Receiving and despatching deliveries
*Working to plans

etc. When you think about it, working in a supermarket is a great place to learn a lot of skills that you will go a long way on in life. That said, if you are clever about how you look at it, all kinds of "starter jobs" that young people tend to work in have loads of opportunities to develop some great skills, and potential employers will be looking for the people that recognise that and work to develop their skills further in more demanding (and higher paid!) workplaces.

That's my bit of career advice for the day
Yeah man, I justify it by the fact i'm only 18 and trying to decide what i'm going to study.
jack10110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #78
SS.org's Welsh Guy><

Khaine88 is a jewel in the rough
I work for GE(General Electric, Duh >_>) Aviation Services in South Wales (UK) as an Aircraft Engineer

We Overhaul, Repair, Rebuild and Test Gas Turbine Engines(Jet Engines, Turbo Fan to be precise), at our Facility we only do Commercial Engines mind, but the ones we do are the CFM -56 Family of Engines (From 3b to 7b), the new GP7200 series, because we used to be a British Airways site before GE took over in 1990(long before I started) we did Rolls Royce so we've had to hang on to them we do the RB211 524G&H and the Big ....ing Daddy The GE90 Range of engines from the 84b to the world Record holding GE90-115b which is currently the world record holder for most powerful Jet Engine (High Bypass and in general)

Heres a pic :>(From Google mind, Not allowed to take pictures on site ><)

Thats a GE90 with an Engineer working on it :>

And yea I enjoy it thoroughly even on off days there's stuff going on that keeps your interest, so yea its pretty ....ing bad ass tbh :>
anthonyferguson likes this.

www.myspace.com/childofbodom88
Guitars:
Caparison Horus HGS Oiled Walnut BKP Sinner Neck, BKP Aftermath Bridge[BRL Custom]Gibson Gothic 2 Explorer With EMG 81+85 18volt
*Coming Soon*
Daemoness Cimmerian 7 "The Magnum Opus"
Amps:
ENGL Invader 100
Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (V30 Loaded) Green on Black
Pedals:
Boss TU-3
Keeley 4 knob compressor
Maxon OD-808
MXR Smartgate
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Nano
Boss RC-2
Khaine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #79
Army Without A Flag

All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
That's a negative on Magnetic tape on occasions we do make aluminum and copper tape we also manufacture a fiberglass reinforced grade (RG) That the highest grade RG is supposed to be able to pull a car when doubled and twisted up together. The web (what runs thru the machine "sitter" to get cut into the rolls you see in stores) is strong enough you can walk across it and it not break, I weigh 210lbs so that's some Strong ass tape.
Oh also make camo "real tree brand" duct tape. Very cool stuff lol
Strong tape is strong!!

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_Ľour_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #80
SS.org Regular

shredguitar7 is just really niceshredguitar7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman_ltd View Post
Golf course grounds maintenance is pretty awesome. Gets real hot though.
dude i ....in envy you. my old summer job in highschool was working grounds for a golf course.. now whenever i drive by a shitty lawn i get super pissed, and when i drive by a well manicured and cut lawn, i pop a chubby...

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight i'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
shredguitar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #81
SS.org Regular

FarBeyondMetal will become famous soon enough
Back when I was in high school, I was a life guard and when it was dead I'd play guitar when no one was around...so in a sense I was paid to practice!
FarBeyondMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #82
raining bullets

mot666 will become famous soon enough
i make signs(like out the front of a shop, not some supposid vessal of god). huge stickers/cut vinyl usually, very little work with a paint brush. sometime we do 3d lightbox type signs. last week we 'installed' a 2ton 8m heigh monster. that was a HUGE .... around i wont bore you with the details. i make stickers also.

i hate the fact that the world revolves around getting up in the morning to go to work, so i hate work(id rather do other things) but its not a bad job.

within 6 months of starting this job i developed carpel tunnel, it sucks MAJOR HAIRY DONKEY BALLS.
mot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #83
Disciple of Djod

Vostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm a mining technician, the kind of mine who dig for ore, not the kind that is exploding when you step on it. Basically, I'm designing new mines in a engeneering consultants firm, its pretty nice because I got to draw all the stuff in 3D, but it become boring pretty quickly. Still, I got a good pay and the jobs opportunity around where I live are pretty big.

"Solid-state - A component that has been specifically designed to make a guitar amplifier sound bad. Compared to tubes, these devices can have a very long lifespan, which guarantees that your amplifier will retain it's thin, lifeless, and buzzy sound for a long time to come."

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD
Vostre Roy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #84
Banned

orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Cloud Engineer, my job is take companies' IT infrastructure and virtualize it in the "Cloud". And I just got a promotion
matt397 and Guitarman700 like this.
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #85
THE. DEAD. SEASON.

FireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I absolutely love my job. I work for the Sheriff's Department mainly on Patrol but I am also on our SWAT team and I train new Deputies in the field. I listen to metal the whole time I patrol and the new recruits aren't allowed to say shit about it if they don't like it. I spend more time at work than I do at home (or so it seems) but I wouldn't have it any other way. Oh and take all those ".... the Police" & "I hate COPS" comments and shove the up your ass! ha ha

Six's:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
ESP LTD EC-1000 - EMG 81/81
Fender Strat - Duncan Blackout/Mick Thompson Blackout, tricked out.

Seven's:
Ibanez RG7321 - Blaze/Jazz w/Blackouts Modular Preamp.
ESP LTD M-107 tricked out.

ERG's:
ESP LTD VB-400 Viper Baritone - Blackout/EMG 85
Ibanez RGA8 - D Activator 8's
Ibanez RG8

Amp stuff:
Axe FX Ultra
Mesa Oversized 4x12
Line 6 Vetta HD
Framus Dragon 4x12

Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass - EMG's
Schecter Elite 4 Bass - EMG/BQC Control.
FireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #86
Banned

orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireInside View Post
I absolutely love my job. I work for the Sheriff's Department mainly on Patrol but I am also on our SWAT team and I train new Deputies in the field. I listen to metal the whole time I patrol and the new recruits aren't allowed to say shit about it if they don't like it. I spend more time at work than I do at home (or so it seems) but I wouldn't have it any other way. Oh and take all those ".... the Police" & "I hate COPS" comments and shove the up your ass! ha ha
Not to derail the thread, but since you're in SoCal has your department been given any memos on bullet buttons and their legality as it applies to AR's??? And anything on forward vertical grips on AR's (with bullet buttons) as well??
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #87
". . . . . . . ."

larry is just really nicelarry is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i make suture hooks for a medical manufacturing and engineering company.
if any of you have had meniscal repair, or any endoscopic or arthroscopic
joint related surgery, then it is 70% likely that i have been deep inside
you. deeper than your most intimate friend.

it pays about 28k annualy after tax and offers health, dental, pension, 401k and optional
cancer insurance. alas-- i ....ing hate it, but there are bills and the responsibilities which
justify employment. so i chugg along.

perhaps i'll be able to change my situation once i complete my
degree..

". . . . . . . ."
comissioned: sii-8 scale
larry is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #88
THE. DEAD. SEASON.

FireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb451 View Post
Not to derail the thread, but since you're in SoCal has your department been given any memos on bullet buttons and their legality as it applies to AR's??? And anything on forward vertical grips on AR's (with bullet buttons) as well??
PM sent.

Six's:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
ESP LTD EC-1000 - EMG 81/81
Fender Strat - Duncan Blackout/Mick Thompson Blackout, tricked out.

Seven's:
Ibanez RG7321 - Blaze/Jazz w/Blackouts Modular Preamp.
ESP LTD M-107 tricked out.

ERG's:
ESP LTD VB-400 Viper Baritone - Blackout/EMG 85
Ibanez RGA8 - D Activator 8's
Ibanez RG8

Amp stuff:
Axe FX Ultra
Mesa Oversized 4x12
Line 6 Vetta HD
Framus Dragon 4x12

Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass - EMG's
Schecter Elite 4 Bass - EMG/BQC Control.
FireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #89
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireInside View Post
PM sent.
Got it, thank you
Unread 07-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #90
The One Who Knocks

Ralyks is just really niceRalyks is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp Griffyn View Post
Been there, done that man. Look on the bright side though, it gives you loads of skills that can be taken to the next level in a real professional environment, and if you focus on those skills it can really help in interviews for better jobs.

Just from working checkouts you have

*Experience in working alone, using initiative to solve problems
*Dealing with customers in a professional manner
*Working with customers to resolve complaints
*Numeracy
*Responsible cash handler

If you can get around the supermarket you've also got

*Stock rotation
*Receiving and despatching deliveries
*Working to plans

etc. When you think about it, working in a supermarket is a great place to learn a lot of skills that you will go a long way on in life. That said, if you are clever about how you look at it, all kinds of "starter jobs" that young people tend to work in have loads of opportunities to develop some great skills, and potential employers will be looking for the people that recognise that and work to develop their skills further in more demanding (and higher paid!) workplaces.

That's my bit of career advice for the day
I've been doing the Supermarket gig for just shy of a decade now (currently 2nd in charge of a Seafood department, once a week cashier, and help out with Meat Wrapping). Your advice actually made it all feel worth it
Ralyks is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #91
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
Hehe, I figured many of you guys would be guitar teachers. I teach too, mostly to kids and beginner adults. Doesn't pay much but I like it and I get to say "I'm a guitar teacher" (not that I believe your job is your identity and all that jazz, by no means) It's very rewarding when the students are into it and willing to put in some effort and enthusiasm, but on the flip side it is very frustrating when they don't.

Then I clean offices downtown on weeknights. I actually like that a lot. I can be by myself listening to music and singing as loud as I want cause no one can hear me (most of the time...) and it pays pretty well. Good exercise too. My wife does the job with me, so sometimes I walk in on her singing Dio songs while cleaning coffee pots or something. Good times.
And you get the satisfaction of actually accomplishing something visible at your work place every time, knowing that without you there is CHAOS!
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote