homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #26
Beware the glube!

SevenStringSam is just really niceSevenStringSam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 2nd job. I work cooking for pei Wei
Isan likes this.

ghstofperdition: Sam = Octo-shit Dad.
SevenStringSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #27
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I'm a highschool band director. not lots of room for expansion but it gets my bills paid and my guitar gas tended to. plus i mentor kids through music and most of the ones that take my classes are there because they want to be, so it's pretty rewarding

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

Most women just pretend that Men are the crazy ones. trust me. But when the new Dark Age arrives and they need food and shelter they will be lining up to lay down and please for a handful of blackberries and a deer skin hat. Good luck with you both and remember "it's 187 on an undercover cop" - Some Guy on Facebook
glassmoon0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #28
SS.org Regular

Edika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am physicist. I took my PhD in February and am searching for a job. I am searching for a job in industry because it pays better. Research in Universities is usually more interesting but it is difficult to get a permanent position (you have to work one or two post doc positions for 3 to 5 years stressing of finding a new position each time) and if you do, you have to juggle your time between teaching, managing a project, search for funding and trying to write papers to seem productive and some actual research. So industry it is!
ittoa666 and anthonyferguson like this.

New songs from my band Semic Stains up at:

http://www.myspace.com/semicstains

Check 'em out!
Edika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #29
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm currently working on my second novel, so besides my studies, you could call this my "Job". I love it, even though it's hard, often painful. Writing is a cathartic experience, and every book is a mirror into the authors psyche. I'm going to be pursuing a writing degree next spring, so yeah, it's something I enjoy, even if the monetary return is little to none at times.
anthonyferguson, Bigfan and JamesM like this.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #30
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitarjoe View Post
The warehouse I work at is a Rite-Aid warehouse. We have a massive pharmaceutical section thats all super secure and stuff. When I was on unloading, each pallet of RX we took off was worth around $180,000. I even had a $2,000,000 pallet once. Needless to say, I was very very careful when I unloaded it haha.
I had a check addressed to us for over $17 million in my hands the other day.

My job is to make the world a better place, and in a way that will sustain itself. It seems that every one of us in management came from somewhere else, and took a huge paycut to just get an entry level job and work our way up internally. It's a strange paradigm, but at least you know we're all committed.

The fact that we all seriously believe in the mission statement would take care of any flaws... except the organization really doesn't have any.
anthonyferguson likes this.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #31
Divine Parad°x

Sephael is just really niceSephael is just really nice
Nursing student and tutor...unfortunately staffing shortages have put my nursing career in jeopardy because I can't afford a private school atm.
Sephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #32
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
I work at arby's.

Bigfan and Guitarman700 like this.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #33
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
I work at arby's.

I ....ing love Arby's.
JamesM likes this.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #34
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
A-....ing-men.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #35
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
During the week, I'm a sub-contractor. On weekends, I work in a kitchen at a really awesome breakfast restaurant. I like both jobs enough and make enough money to not complain about them. When I'm finished my degree, I'll be a high school English and Geography teacher. The summers off then will make up for the 60+ hour weeks I worked during summers to get through University.

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman700 View Post
I ....ing love Arby's.
I don't.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #37
SS.org Regular

Strobe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
I work at MillerCoors and even on my worse day I love it.
Dude, I used to work for them - I moved to this state to work at the Eden Brewery. Been to the Milwaukee one. While I miss being a taste tester, I like my current job more. Now I make soap - less sexy than beer but the environment was pretty hostile at the Eden brewery. I do engineering type stuff (in between gigs, to pass the time, of course)
Strobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #38
The One Who Knocks

Ralyks is just really niceRalyks is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Work as a Seafood clerk at a supermarket. Other than the whole retail business making me realize how much common sense people lack and how selfish/ignorant they can be, I make a pretty decent wage for a part time position (while I finish my Music Theory and Composition degree), and practically run my department when my boss isn't working (and sometimes when he is). I wouldn't say I love it, but I say it definitely is a good job for while I'm finishing the degree. Plus, I'm in a union, so I get paid time off, some benefits, etc. etc.
And on top of all of that, I get to bring home plenty of yummy fish for quite cheap.
Ralyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #39
Banned

BrandonARC is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I Just got fired from my job this past tuesday. I was a server at Olive Garden. I called all my co-workers assholes in the kitchen haha. Regardless im starting at Carolina Ale House this coming week. Server jobs are a dime a dozen. If your good at pretending you give a shit then its super easy money.
BrandonARC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #40
SS.org Regular

The Grief Hole is a jewel in the rough
I teach kids English in Japan. Very unoriginal. I can't like my job despite it being easy as it detracts from my 'slacking with guitars and beer time'.
Bigfan likes this.
The Grief Hole is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #41
I Am the Table

renzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of light
I work for a family owned car dealer. I would not say I love my job, but that's just because I don't like to work period

But still, I have a decent schedule, I don't have to wear a uniform, I can use both my laptop and my cellphone while at work, and I can listen to the music I like, so I cannot really complain.

DARK LEGACY - Progressive Power Metal from South FL!
renzoip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #42
Sea Turtles mate

Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
I make tape, painters tape, packaging tape, duct tape, Hell all kinds of tape. It's not a bad job, my assistant & I basically hang out for 12 hrs making sure everything keeps running properly. I've got a killer stereo I keep on my machine and just listen to the iPod all day basically. That is until something breaks or craps out. The tunes seem to keep 90% of the big wigs away so usually its pretty peaceful (for me least ). They pay isn't bad for how easy the job is, only bad part is dealing with the occasional retarded hillbilly.
jymellis likes this.
Michael T is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #43
Divine Parad°x

Sephael is just really niceSephael is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
only bad part is dealing with the occasional retarded hillbilly.
living where you do I'd say your blessed for only having to occasionally deal with them.
Michael T likes this.
Sephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #44
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
office job for the county.

easy job easy money. just tired of graveyard shift.
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #45
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonARC View Post
If your good at pretending you give a shit then its super easy money.
What's even funnier is that if you manage to start caring about others, it's not only easy money, but you don't get frustrated at putting on a facade of caring.

Having spent my time in food service, I know there might be no difference to some, and to the ones who know the difference, the other difference shows up in one's tips.
Sephael and ayambakar like this.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #46
ss.org Regular

123spank is a jewel in the rough
I'm a laboratory manager at the University of Sydney, always lots of new stuff to worry about, students can be the best and worst part of the day. Good fun all round.
123spank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:19 AM   #47
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
I got home from work about an hour ago. I'm not even tired. (If you don't know what my job is, see page 1.)
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 03:29 AM   #48
Whisper into nose

Asrial is a glorious beacon of lightAsrial is a glorious beacon of light
I work at the local grocery store, mostly being the cashier. It pays okay (around 400$ a normal month?), but I'm hitting 18 this september, so I'm getting the boot soon. :'(

The job is really repetitive, but some of the customers are just beyond nice and daily shoppers, so I almost always got someone to talk to. THAT is awesome.

The Asrial Project Bandcamp
The Asrial Project Soundcloud
The Asrial Project Twitter
The Asrial Project Facebook

JeffFromMtl: Anyone who says sex is over-rated is doing it wrong.
I don't care how good your stupid toffee brioche pudding is.
Myself: Han shot first
Asrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:40 AM   #49
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
I love my chosen career, I cannot ....ing stand my job at the moment. Career = graphic designer. Job = storeman/store bitch.
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:01 AM   #50
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
I'm an industrial designer that looks for job openings in the decimated US economy for years on end... Shite job, doesn't pay anything.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote