homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #51
Whisper into nose

Asrial is a glorious beacon of lightAsrial is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Godsnack?

Handful of fries in the oven, some chorizo and sausages in a pan, fry, remove and add more oil to the pan. Saute extremely finely diced onions, and make a brown sauce from that. Pile the fries up, add cheese, put under the broiler till golden, remove and put on the desired plate. Mix sausage and sauce, and pour over the fries. Add sriracha.
Yes, it's a remade poutine! YUM

For faster snacks, make a HUGE batch of chili con carne, freeze down in half portion sizes in foodgrade bags, and take one or two out when needed. Heat in oven, add sriracha and creme fraiche. Added awesome if you put it in a tortilla.
Randy likes this.

The Asrial Project Bandcamp
The Asrial Project Soundcloud
The Asrial Project Twitter
The Asrial Project Facebook

JeffFromMtl: Anyone who says sex is over-rated is doing it wrong.
I don't care how good your stupid toffee brioche pudding is.
Myself: Han shot first
Asrial is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #52
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you have access to transportation and 2 dollars and change i would suggest the "McManly" 1 McChicken with the bottom bun removed and placed chicken side down on the bottom bun of a McDouble. Your signal chain (see what i did there) should look something like this: top bun->burger, cheese, pickles, onions condiments-> bottom bun-> chicken patty, mayo, lettuce-> top bun.... The McManly!
Pedrojoca likes this.

"It's all jagged and jaded, but it suits us. We just fake it through."
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #53
twerk twerk thall

sage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^^nice signal chain
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #54
twerk twerk thall

sage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to all
I'm an omelette man. Any time of day. Any amount of repeats in a day. Whatever fillings are around. I don't care. "Sage, you want a pizza or an omelette?" Pizza omelette. .... yeah. First thing I ever cooked? An omelette. My wife and kids went on vacation without me for a week. I ate 21 meals, 16 of them were omelettes. Shrimp, brie, and avocado? Omelette that bitch. Spinach, swiss, and mushrooms? Fold it up in a nice flat thing made out of 3 well beaten eggs infused with milk, thank you. OMELETTE!!! "Sage, where should we go for dinner?" Denny's, so I can get me an OMELETTE! Om nom nom nom nom nomelette.
Unread 02-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #55
Very Sad Panda

the drew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by broj15 View Post
If you have access to transportation and 2 dollars and change i would suggest the "McManly" 1 McChicken with the bottom bun removed and placed chicken side down on the bottom bun of a McDouble. Your signal chain (see what i did there) should look something like this: top bun->burger, cheese, pickles, onions condiments-> bottom bun-> chicken patty, mayo, lettuce-> top bun.... The McManly!
Me and my friends do that all the time, but we call it the McBitchin
the drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #56
Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked

blaaargh is a jewel in the rough
The other day I had a jar of spinach dip and a jar of mushrooms in my fridge, so I put that on a sammich, sprinkled on a bit of cheese, and threw it on the Foreman. Soooooo goooooood. Also did the same thing with a chicken patty.

my bandz:
Plow: psychedelic jazz punk
facebook
Etiolated: funeral doom/crust punk
facebook
Church of Vermin: thrashcore buttviolence
bandcamp
Lesser Life - blackened grindcore
bandcamp

mah soundcloud (random shit you'll probably hate)
blaaargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #57
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
^^^nice signal chain

if it gets a little sloppy just add a noisegate to tighten it up.... ok, i'll admit that was awful lol

"It's all jagged and jaded, but it suits us. We just fake it through."
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #58
SS.org Regular

AnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to allAnarchyDivine88 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drew View Post
Me and my friends do that all the time, but we call it the McBitchin
In the Hartford area, some people call it a "McG@ngBang". I know a dude who works at McDonalds and sometimes when he's working the drive through at night people will pull up and say "Yo gimme a McGangB@ng!" and he'll make them one...Admittedly, it does sound more like soliciting sex via drive thru than a sandwich...

I had to censor that because for some reason it wouldn't let me say that name lol.
AnarchyDivine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #59
ss.org Regular

James B is headed in the right direction.
I'm eating a turkey and salsa sandwich formed with 3 stacked pancakes with syrup in between. I'm looking forward to buying groceries, food like this, popeyes and ramen is my current food groups.
James B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #60
music and shat

Alpenglow has a spectacular aura about
My brother does this all the time and I tried it and about died it tastes so good. Take two pieces of regular bread (toasted, if possible) and smear nutella on one side of each. Then slice a banana down the middle and then chop it into pieces. Take those banana pieces and arrange them in the sandwich, and eat your bananutella sandwich. It's like sex.

My personal favorite requires a blender, so keep in mind it makes a bunch of noise. Anyway, scoop about 3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream into the blender, and then about 12 oz of milk (more for thinner consistency, less for thicker). Take two bananas, peel and put them in whole, and then add a dash of vanilla extract. It takes all of 2 minutes and you are left with about 32 oz of delicious banana milkshake.
Alpenglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #61
twerk twerk thall

Quote:
if it gets a little sloppy just add a noisegate to tighten it up.... ok, i'll admit that was awful lol
With a gate, it becomes the McDjentwich
Unread 02-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #62
String Theorist

AcousticMinja is just really niceAcousticMinja is just really nice
Mac n Cheese sandwich. Cook up some mac n cheese (preferably the hearty cheesy kind) Lightly toast sourdough or bread of choice, smack some mac n cheese on there, lightly add seasoning salt (or bacon salt ) and consume. You can also throw on some of those bacon bits...it makes it more delicious and have more texture to it. Yum.
AcousticMinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #63
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stc423 View Post
Just about everyone in this thread sounds like a bunch of pregnant women
Especially you for whining about our preggerness
:P j.k

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #64
Guitar Popcicle

AK DRAGON is just really niceAK DRAGON is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stc423 View Post
Just about everyone in this thread sounds like a bunch of pregnant women
At least none of them are craving Peanut Butter and Dill Pickle Sandwiches
AK DRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #65
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
A big bowl of fruit loops w/ milk and some chocolate syrup drizzled on top. It's like mixing cereal and chocolate covered fruit together.

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #66
ESaD ;)

Divinehippie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
That's called the McGangbang here in VT xD. its ....in boss though srsly people try it.

also when nothing else is around, sub roll, jelly and Chocolate sauce (like the hershey's chocolate syrup for icecream/chocolate milk and what not). taste sooooo much like a doughnut, it makes for some good munchies for when there is no food around and you may or may not have been hittin the reef

"On another note... the lower I tune my bass, the more its balls grow."-ZEBOV

"Every time i see a thread about good basses for metal i picture hundreds of talkbass users throwing keyboards against walls"-GenghisCoyne

www.facebook.com/robertbartonVT (current project. alt rock/indi/blusey stuff)
www.facebook.com/headofthetraitor (RIP)
Divinehippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #67
Making a meat suit

MetalGravy is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Apple slices w/chopped ginger
Cinnamon-Burst Cheerios

Tried making cereal bars with the above and sunflower seeds...unfortunately, I burned them
Still pretty tasty, tho.

Whopcorn (non-buttered Popcorn + whoppers)
non-buttered Popcorn + M&Ms (peanut or plain)

I've also found that oatmeal + grapes (or strawberries) + ginger + whoppers = .... YEAH!
MetalGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #68
SS Contributor

jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Toast + Nutella is always a win. Also strawberries with Nutella. Chicken fries (I buy a huge box from Schwan's) with a ton of broiled cheese and marinara on top. Ham, cheese and Dorito sandwich, Nacho Cheese or Buffalo flavor. Easy Mac, instead of mixing the cheese with plain water, strain all that out, add butter and sour cream and the cheese mix.

If you want to get really obese, buy a cheap deep fryer and a box of funnel cake mix. Your kitchen becomes a goldmine. I've deep fried everything and it is usually awesome but don't blame me if you have a heart attack. I've done Oreo's, banana peppers, Zero bars (....ing perfect!) and also string cheese sticks. I want to try a slice of pizza and a Pop Tart but I haven't been that adventurous yet.

I'm fat as .... on the inside, no cares.

Beard Sound Machines Jazzmaster
Beard Sound Machines Jazzcaster
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender AVRI '52 Reissue Telecaster
First Act Custom Shop Delia/Delia LS Hybrid

Vox AC30C2

@beardsoundmachines
lostswimmer.bandcamp.com
jordanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #69
Making a meat suit

MetalGravy is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenglow View Post
My brother does this all the time and I tried it and about died it tastes so good. Take two pieces of regular bread (toasted, if possible) and smear nutella on one side of each. Then slice a banana down the middle and then chop it into pieces. Take those banana pieces and arrange them in the sandwich, and eat your bananutella sandwich. It's like sex.

My personal favorite requires a blender, so keep in mind it makes a bunch of noise. Anyway, scoop about 3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream into the blender, and then about 12 oz of milk (more for thinner consistency, less for thicker). Take two bananas, peel and put them in whole, and then add a dash of vanilla extract. It takes all of 2 minutes and you are left with about 32 oz of delicious banana milkshake.

Ditch the bananas--they're just empty vitamins. USE TWINKIES
MetalGravy is offline   Reply With Quote