homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
: roll :

techcoreriffman is just really nicetechcoreriffman is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Today is a big day.

So, first a little backstory:
Over the past 5 years, I have been having progressively worse relations with my parents. What with me being an artistic atheist in a very traditional catholic family. Couple that with my father being a very violent drunk, and well yeah, you get the picture. Bad stuff.

Flash forward to today. My mother had been being extremely disrespectful for a good week and a half straight. Just nagging at me for the smallest most infantile shit that she could possibly think of. Just to push my buttons. I finally decided to start being disrespectful back. Usually I am very respectful to my parents and respect all their wishes. But I had had enough. So I startede to yell. And then she smacked me. So instead of punching her, I punched the wall. Which put a hole in it. (In retrospect, I should have handled this more adultly, and just walked away.)

Then she goes to tattle to my daddy about me hitting the wall and he comes down in a drunken rage. He said that if my best friend Robert hadn't been there he would've beat the shit out of me. He then kicked me out of my home. For good. Which is a godsend honestly, because I've wanted to be emancipated since I was 12.

Robert's parents have graciously allowed me to stay here until I can get enough money to rent an apartment. And I'm old enough to actually rent an apartment. I have nothing but respect and love for his family at the moment.

Sorry for the novel, but I needed to share this. Thanks guys.

[SevenStringSam] 8:31 pm: im literally gunna shove an ice dildo up my ass

[Necris] 4:55 pm: Its like going balls deep on a whale when its rectum is made of cactuses.
[Necris] 4:56 pm: Another song title.
techcoreriffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
dennaB

jacksonslut is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i know how you feel man. my parents were the same damn way. they kicked out so many times. so i eventually left for michigan without telling them hope everything goes good for you dude! eventually talked to them again and my mom is begging me to come home
jacksonslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #3

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
I'm sorry for what you've gone through dude.

But I hope things get better with you and your parents.

Praying.

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #4

Thanks guys. Especially you Xiphos. Even though I'm not religious, I know you are, and that means a lot to me.

[Necris] 4:55 pm: Its like going balls deep on a whale when its rectum is made of cactuses.
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #5

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoreriffman View Post
Thanks guys. Especially you Xiphos. Even though I'm not religious, I know you are, and that means a lot to me.
Anytime.
You're absolutely welcome.

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

blister7321 is a jewel in the rough
dude my singer has been in this boat now for two years
for some reason he keeps going back and they keep getting into it
but when shit hits the fan he usually stays either at my place or at his connections place
i hate to see this keep happening to people
im very family oriented and i cant even imagine something like this
so i wish you the best of luck man just get out there and do what you feel is right for you
blister7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #7
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have no respect for people who through their weight around while drunk, so I honestly think you should have decked your father. but this is just my opinion and I dont know the whole story so take it with a grain of salt.

hope you get back on your feet soon mate!
Nile likes this.

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #8

Sam, a few months ago I shattered his jaw with my brass knuckles. Violencew with him has no effect, so I just stopped trying. This is really the best thing for me right now
Guitarman700 and Nile like this.

Unread 05-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #9
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Quote:
Sam, a few months ago I shattered his jaw with my brass knuckles. Violencew with him has no effect, so I just stopped trying. This is really the best thing for me right now
Righto mate thanks for clarifying

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
This is some crazy stuff. I do n't know how it feels to have parents like that, but I feel bad for them for treating you so badly. I don't understand why someone would want to have a child and go on to treat them wrong. Glad you finally got your wish to be away from them, but not glad that it was in such a way. Good luck man.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quick observation: if you have any younger siblings still at home, now is the time to get social services involved.

I'd go after that in a big way.

Sorry to hear. I had lots of friends who got kicked out because they were gay and their families were loving fundamentalist Christians.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #12
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Your dad is a .....

Hail satan.

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #13
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushingAnvil View Post
Your dad is a .....

Hail satan.
Legitimate real life
CrushingAnvil likes this.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #14
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
I don't understand why someone would want to have a child and go on to treat them wrong.
My mom and I think that people should have to have licenses and go through rigorous tests in order to have a child. I mean, you have to have a license to drive a 2 ton piece of machinery that can kill a grown man at 35MPH, but anyone can have a child.

Glad that you got out of that shit situation, Jordan.
Guitarman700 likes this.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #15
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Congratulations dude, it's great that you're out of there.

My dad was an abusive asshole and kicked me out when I was 15 (after moving between him and my mum previously too... they both suck), so I know how it feels to be stuck in a situation like that and the INSANE relief when you're finally out.

Hope it all works out for the best, but either way it's a damn fine start.
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #16
SS.org Regular

Jontain is just really niceJontain is just really nice
onwards and upwards my man, time to out grow them and not look back. This will make more of a statement that fighting back or words ever could.
Jontain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 06:05 AM   #17

Explorer, I do have siblings, but they are my parents little angels. They're both "normal" pious Catholics that do anything they're told like a sheep. I was "different". Atheist, artistic, bisexual, yadda-yadda.

And yes, this is a good start. Job hunt starting tomorrow
avenger and Guitarman700 like this.

Unread 05-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #18
Ikebana Noise Club

ry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemoniac View Post
Hope it all works out for the best

Best wishes, man.

You bite at TVs, what do they taste like?
Last.fm
ry_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Explorer, I do have siblings, but they are my parents little angels. They're both "normal" pious Catholics that do anything they're told like a sheep. I was "different". Atheist, artistic, bisexual, yadda-yadda.

And yes, this is a good start. Job hunt starting tomorrow
I admire your strength to be who you are in that situation, I came from a hyper religous family (see: protestant) and I could never express who I was for fear of being "wrong"

avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #20
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Keep your head on your shoulders, and become the absolute best person you can now that you're free. I feel you were going to do that, anyways.

Best of wishes, and get ahold of me if you need anything.
SirMyghin likes this.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #21
Giver of the Likes

Nile is a jewel in the rough
Immature post sorry.

PUSSIES DON'T SIGN NEG REP.

Nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #22

So, another update.

I have really gotten my life on track since I moved out (weird, I know.) But next year, I will have all the credits needed to graduate high school, so I'll be graduating as a Junior. Which means by the time everyone else is graduating as a senior, I'll almost have an associate's degree!
Xiphos68 likes this.

Unread 05-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #23
Just another SunBro

niffnoff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainArt View Post
My mom and I think that people should have to have licenses and go through rigorous tests in order to have a child. I mean, you have to have a license to drive a 2 ton piece of machinery that can kill a grown man at 35MPH, but anyone can have a child.
I believe the correct "license" was marriage, but that seems to be something that back fires.

To the OP hope all will get better in the future, I've feuded with my rents a couple times but it's never been bad, but I know all about the drunkness and the fights it can lead to. Your away from it now, you should move on with your own life now man.

Sad to know that religion was actually part of the reason of them being ....s about it

I used to be an arrow like you
But then I took a rock to the knee
Soundcloud was arrow to the knee
Facebook Music Page
niffnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

metalheadblues will become famous soon enough
Shit sux
But it will get better just keep a positive outlook
Try to get a job if you don't have one already so you can support yourself and just move forward with your life
best of luck
metalheadblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #25

Well, I haven't been on SS very much lately because things have been busy. Robert turned into a dick and got me kicked out of his home. Then stole my class ring and a lot of my shit. And now he wants to fight me. My parents got a divorce and I'm living with my mom, but she is making things very psychologically difficult for me so I am trying to find an apartment to move to. I will still be graduating this year, and I have a wonderful girlfriend. Thanks for reading this guys. (: