homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Dovahkiin

TheGhunther is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Angry Musician's Friend can go .... themselves. (story)

I didn't know where to put this other than off-topic. Mods, move it if you wish.

*also, sorry for the language

GODDAMN ....ING MUSICIANS FRIEND!!!!!
My grandmother ordered a Rocktron Velocity 300 for me for Christmas (I know, she's amazing) but it was faulty. I called up Rocktron not a week after Christmas and they told me there was a bad shipment of the power amps and that Musician's Friend would replace it. If not, Rocktron would.

I called up MF when I could and talked for a good hour or so with some dim operator. She told me many reassuring things, such as their return policy is 1-year from the purchase. She claimed to have fixed everything, and that I'd get an email in the next 15min or so.

A week passed. No email.

I called up MF again and talked to some guy. He said she did it all wrong which is why it didn't go through. He apologized and got all the info he needed and told me I should receive and email in about 15 min.

ANOTHER WEEK PASSED. NO EMAIL.

I called up a third time this last Friday and talked to another lady. She said that there were complications with the fact that I live in Alaska that affected the exchange. We sorted through them for about an hour and got everything sorted out. She claimed that since MF cannot ship directly to Alaska, she had to run it through USPS, and that I'd get an email from them in the next couple hours or so. I reminded her that I had yet to actually receive an email, or any confirmation for that matter, that anything would actually happen. She told me that if I didn't receive and email by Sunday that something was wrong, and to try again.

IT IS TUESDAY. NO GODDAMN EMAIL.

I called up again and was very blunt. The man on the other line told me that the problem was that their policy for returns was 45 days, and that I had exceeded the time to return my package. When I told him that I had been trying for a month AND that I was told by the first lady that their policy was not 45 days but a year, he scoffed and said, "Sorry sir, but there's nothing we can do."

WELL .... YOU MUSICIAN'S FRIEND. ..... YOU.

I immediately called Rocktron up to have them sort out all this bullshit, BUT THEY WERE CLOSED.

Here I am, with a broken gift that I have been trying to replace for about a month, and it seems that everything possible out of my hands is keeping me from getting what my dear grandmother spent her hard-earned money on.

..... MUSICIAN'S. FRIEND.
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
When they said you'd receive an email in 15 minutes, why did you wait a week before calling again?

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Unread 02-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
When they said you'd receive an email in 15 minutes, why did you wait a week before calling again?
My thoughts exactly.
Unread 02-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Dovahkiin

I wanted to make absolutely sure that they just weren't going to send it. Maybe they were busy the day during/after, maybe it was a hectic environment because Christmas had just happened, idk. I figured a week is long enough to know know for sure whether a massive company like them had ignored you and not followed through on their own policies or not.
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
I would have been nice, and waited 16 minutes. Then I would have unleashed hell.

I'm a great customer...until you piss me off. Then I get people fired.

I'd keep harassing them. .... the '45 day' bullshit. They sent you a broken piece of equipment (Rocktrons fault, I know, doesn't matter), and they need to replace it. End of story.

But, if you want to go the easier route, call Rocktron. I've heard they've got pretty damned good customer service, honestly.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

ddtonfire is just really niceddtonfire is just really nice
Oh the irony:

Unread 02-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Dovahkiin

^I must admit, that's pretty funny. The only thing is it doesn't appear like that on my end so I couldn't see it first had :/
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhunther View Post
^I must admit, that's pretty funny. The only thing is it doesn't appear like that on my end so I couldn't see it first had :/
Ads like that only show up to people who aren't logged into the site. Damn ironic, still.

Sorry for your troubles. I can sympathize, as I live in Whitehorse. We probably get the shaft even worse than you.
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So, every time you called, they said they would send an e-mail within 15 minutes. Yet every time you waited a week instead?

You're just as silly as they are.
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

ddtonfire is just really niceddtonfire is just really nice
They only appear if you aren't registered or logged in.

I had a similar experience with a product from MF (though not with customer service so inept), so I just sent my brand new, malfunctioning merchandise to the manufacturer and they fixed it, free of charge.
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh pelican View Post
So, every time you called, they said they would send an e-mail within 15 minutes. Yet every time you waited a week instead?

You're just as silly as they are.
While I agree maybe he was a bit too lenient in how often he checked up, I doubt it would have made a difference. They were feeding him bullshit left, right and center, that probably won't be changed regardless of how often he phoned.
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #12
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

I called up MF when I could and talked for a good hour or so with some dim operator. She told me many reassuring things, such as their return policy is 1-year from the purchase. She claimed to have fixed everything, and that I'd get an email in the next 15min or so.

A week passed. No email.
Sorry but I didn't need to read the rest.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
While I agree maybe he was a bit too lenient in how often he checked up, I doubt it would have made a difference. They were feeding him bullshit left, right and center, that probably won't be changed regardless of how often he phoned.
That's not necessarily true. If I were to be lenient, the most I'd wait is a day. Realistically, I'd probably give it 5-10 hours (if that).

Company A might enjoy the fact that it takes you a week to call back. They're hoping that each time you get a little more frustrated that you eventually give up. That way you're out money AND a product.

Company B might be the complete opposite. You wait 15 minutes, call, and they give you a story about how "someone else messed up". They say, "Give me 15 minutes." You wait 15 minutes and call back. They might say, "Damn, you're a persistent little bastard, aren't ya'? All right, send it back to this address. We'll ship you out a new one."

Every company is going to be different.
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #14
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You could pursue it through Rocktron, but you could also have your grandmother challenge it through her credit card. I might not want to have GC make any money on the sale after all that, and you might not either.

No major credit card will let a customer be left holding the bag. The fact that it went to Alaska doesn't matter.

Just a thought!

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

WickedSymphony is just really niceWickedSymphony is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
You could pursue it through Rocktron, but you could also have your grandmother challenge it through her credit card. I might not want to have GC make any money on the sale after all that, and you might not either.

Just challenge the charge on her credit card and they'll take care of you. Sucks that they gave you the run around on this shit though.

I've had my own stories with shit from MF, but they take care of me every time. Actually, just this past week I ordered a bunch of cables, yet 1 of them was back ordered. The back ordered one was shipped in an envelope that, by the time it arrived at my door step, was just an open, empty bag (I'd blame UPS, but I also blame shitty packaging on their part). So, I e-mailed them up and told them what happened, and since I ordered 4 of that particular cable, they resent 4. So I got 3 extra cables (which just arrived not 10 minutes ago)
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
Dovahkiin

I'm probably just going to hit up Rocktron tomorrow morning. They should work things out. If for whatever reason it doesn't I'll try the credit card thing you guys mentioned.
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
I've had nothing but positive experiences with MF.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

Unread 02-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #18
Resident Studio Nerd

KingAenarion is a glorious beacon of lightKingAenarion is a glorious beacon of lightKingAenarion is a glorious beacon of light
No actually 45 days is bullshit. I'm not sure what the law is (being from Australia myself), but I wouldn't be suprised if you have Implied warranty cover beyond that legally.

Call up Musicians Friend AGAIN. If you get the same 45 day bullshit, ask to speak to a manager. If not threaten to take legal action against them. Then if the manager is less helpful, threaten legal action AGAIN. Keep moving up the chain until

Make it clear you WILL challenge the purchase to the credit card company. Make it clear you will be contacting your lawyer. Remind them that you have spoken to Rocktron personally but that they have a responsibility, and Rocktron has admitted they ....ed up.

If they say, we'll send you an email in 15 minutes, you reply. "I'm going to stay on the line until I get it... If I don't receive it in 15 minutes and 1 second I'll be calling again."

Stay calm and make it clear that unless they deal with it that you are not only going to take legal action, but make it very clear to the online community that they cannot be trusted.

My band - Ex Curia - Prog in an Opeth meets Karnivool meets Porcupine Tree meets Tool kind of way
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #19
Dovahkiin

^I like this. A tad harsh, but I like it.
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:38 AM   #20
Resident Studio Nerd

KingAenarion is a glorious beacon of lightKingAenarion is a glorious beacon of lightKingAenarion is a glorious beacon of light
That's not harsh...

A certain company (that will not be named) gave me crap like that when I bought one of their items and it caused serious damage to my house.

After I made the point that they should be completely replacing the item they dicked me around for 3 weeks...

They got a letter threatening a law suit from my Lawyer...

Needless to say they responded in a much kinder matter after that.

THAT was harsh.

My band - Ex Curia - Prog in an Opeth meets Karnivool meets Porcupine Tree meets Tool kind of way
Unread 02-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #21
Dovahkiin

^Once again, I like your style. You seem to get shit done. I'm calling them up again in a short while, I'll update afterward however it goes.
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
XL Whore

Neil is just really niceNeil is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Surely a 45 day returns policy refers only to people choosing to return working items because they have changed their mind, or some how ordered the wrong thing.

Things being delivered faulty is an entirely different ball game.

Unread 02-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #23
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
^I like this. A tad harsh, but I like it.
Not harsh, that is how you deal with companies, you need to be assertive or you get blown off.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #24
Tube & Analog Snob

TomPerverteau is just really niceTomPerverteau is just really nice
My buddies & I have been calling it "Musicians Enemy" for more than 10 years now.

"I don't think I have ever seen a guitar with an input jack."
Unread 02-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAenarion View Post
"I'm going to stay on the line until I get it... If I don't receive it in 15 minutes and 1 second I'll be calling again."
This doesn't make sense at all.
Closed Thread