homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Lord Green Fingers

maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
UK Fuel Prices

So, once again I'm making a post about how ridiculous prices have become for fuel. I now have a job that requires me and my supervisor to travel around the country. These fuel prices are starting to worry every one in the business from people like me to the head of haulage companies struggling to pay to keep the articulated trucks on the roads.

There's a petition to sign if you want to a www.fairfueluk.com and they will be a show on tomorrow morning at 9 am discussing the fuel prices.

Don't you think it's about time some thing drastic happened to lower fuel duty? The government already raised VAT, made a huge amount of budget cuts and stopped hundreds of desperately needed development projects. How can they justify raising the price on something that could put even more people out of work and on to benefits and stumping economic growth.
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
its insane, gone up 6P a litre in the last month. ugh.
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Elite Troop

Gamba is just really niceGamba is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
holy crap and I thought gas here in Brasil was expensive

Man is just a pupil, pain is his teacher.
Gamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Bald and gribbly.

BigBaldIan is just really niceBigBaldIan is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamba View Post
holy crap and I thought gas here in Brasil was expensive
Welcome to rip-off UK, stiffed on fuel, stiffed on VAT, if the government could tax air it would.

Fuel Tax - PetrolPrices.com
BigBaldIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

clouds is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaldIan View Post
Welcome to rip-off UK, stiffed on fuel, stiffed on VAT, if the government could tax air it would.

Fuel Tax - PetrolPrices.com

I wonder how much it'll cost when I start driving. I can't imagine much of an improvement.
clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Now with Less Hair!

13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The fuel price and astronomical insurance are the reasons I'm still grounded and without a car at 22. I honestly can't see me driving for years to come either...

"I won't be satisfied until somebody can whammy a whole piano." Pink Freud

".... that, I'd rather eat 20 pounds of steak and then prove how jacked I am by having angry sex with their mothers whilst curling 200 pounds and drinking ale." maliciousteve
13point9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
6p for a Liter?

Ho. Lee. Shit.

I refuse to fill up for more than $3 a gallon here.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I live in Bath, and down the road from me Diesel is £1.37... speechless.

My insurance also went up by 50% so I've declared the car off road, there's no way I'm being scammed like that, I'd rather take the train.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
play me some metal!!

Cyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of lightCyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of lightCyanide Assassin is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
6p for a Liter?

Ho. Lee. Shit.

LMAO!!!!!! dude up here in chicago during winter right now when its the cheapest it will get in the year its been as high as 3.59 for like a week. its starting to go down right now its only abour 3.39 a gal.

Cyanide Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #10
I drive a forklift.

Herb Dorklift is a name known to allHerb Dorklift is a name known to allHerb Dorklift is a name known to allHerb Dorklift is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
6p for a Liter?

Ho. Lee. Shit.

It's around £1.30 a litre. So that's around £5.85 a gallon (1 gallon = 4.5 litres).

So, over here, a gallon of petrol would be about $9.27.

Herb Dorklift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Ckackley is just really niceCkackley is just really nice
You think you're getting stiffed on high fuel and gas ? At least you guys have decent forms of public transit. Where I live it's either drive or stay home. Hard to work a job that way.
Ckackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #12
Now available in HD

meisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to all
I've basically had to choose between driving and moving out of my parents place. I'm ashamed to say I'm 24 and still living at home. I live way too close to London to be able to afford the £600pcm + bills for a flat in the town I work in where I take home just over £1,000pcm.

I don't see things getting better, and I'm starting to feel really ....ing ashamed of myself.
meisterjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
flo

flo is a name known to allflo is a name known to allflo is a name known to allflo is a name known to all
fuel costs 1.51 euro now per liter in Germany, disel a little less.
I take the train and bus, but it's only affordable cause I'm a student.
It's all ridicules.
flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

Fionn is a jewel in the rough
My gf said she heard it may reach £1.75 a litre by the end of the year, can't remeber where she said she read/heard it tho...

Perfection at Blistering Speeds! TM
Fionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #15
Lord Green Fingers

maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterjager View Post
I've basically had to choose between driving and moving out of my parents place. I'm ashamed to say I'm 24 and still living at home. I live way too close to London to be able to afford the £600pcm + bills for a flat in the town I work in where I take home just over £1,000pcm.

I don't see things getting better, and I'm starting to feel really ....ing ashamed of myself.
I'm 24 and still living at home too mate. I'm getting married next year so I HAVE to get a place either late this year or early next year. It's depressing I know

As for public transport, yeah we have it but it's not cheap or reliable. It used to take me almost 2 hours to get to see my fiance by bus. By car it takes me 25 minutes with traffic. I'd still rather keep my car but I'm thinking I'll have to give up the search of getting a faster car and getting something more 'economical'
Unread 01-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
-.-

Daggorath is a jewel in the rough
It is obscene. The cost of living sky-rockets as a result, as everything has to be transported. Interest hikes will cause many to loose their homes through being unable to pay their mortgages, and the majority of people in both public sector and certainly the struggling industries will not be getting wage rises to offset this.

"Imagine your eyes dancing on the notes you wanna play
and forget about whether your hands can do it or not"
- Allan Holdsworth

For Sale: Laney VH100R - £400 [UK] PM for details.
Daggorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
Just calculated its gonna cost me $102 to fill my car later :/
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #18
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
No wonder so many people drive those Gee Wiz abortions over there.
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #19
Lord Green Fingers

Those Gwhizz things are disgusting. They look like a thin metal shell on wheels, nothing more.

I was considering getting a Toyota Aygo but it just looks so cheap and nasty so I'm going for a Diesel Vauxhall Astra, does the same on fuel (roughly 60mpg), a bit more on insurance than the Aygo but it's still cheaper than my current car (Ford Focus).
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #20
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
60 mpg? Holy shit I thought my Civic's 40mpg was badass.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #21
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Not only will it solve your fuel related issues, it will make you into a lower body tyrannosaurus.

No need to thank me, I do this out of the goodness of my heart.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #22
makes his own bacon

pero is a jewel in the rough
How about installing LPG on your car, because I red that the price should not be more then 50% of the most selling petrol in the EU market, and you are running on a eco friendly fuel. What is the price of LPG in the UK?
pero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
Banned

caparison_x is just really nicecaparison_x is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Steve did you vote in the general election? if so who did you vote for?
caparison_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #24
Now available in HD

meisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to all
Thankfully, my work is FINALLY implementing a cycle to work scheme, so I can get a bike that's more usable than the piece of shit I currently have. Impossible to get any kind of speed on that thing...

In other news, I just put £81.00 in my car, with diesel at 135.9p - $130usd. That's 500 miles. It's also ....ing weakening. I drive a fairly sensible 2 litre Mondeo that does about 42mpg. Thank god my girlfriend and I split up, I wouldn't have been able to afford the ....ing commute
meisterjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #25
Is actually warm

Imalwayscold is a jewel in the rough
I've just returned from the garage, seems kind of absurd having nearly 5 days worth of paid work a month spent on fuel just so I can do my job :/
Imalwayscold is offline   Reply With Quote