homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
dpm
Oni Guitars

dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oni related AARRGH!

so, I just machined a neck pocket in maple 8 string body, it's my personal guitar so I'm testing my new templates and methods on it to ensure I don't .... up a customer's guitar...yeah, anyway....the laser cut templates for the neck pockets don't fit the necks - they're slightly oversized, so yes, I just ....ed up my own instrument. I am incredibly annoyed as I specifically asked if the laser cutting was accurate enough to ensure these particular components fit precisely.
Just thought I'd vent that
GRGgrrgrrrrrrrr
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-01-2006, 01:17 AM   #2
Cancer:The Crucifuct

Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.Cancer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Dude, that sucks...
Cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
wow that totally blows Dan.
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 01:21 AM   #4
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
.... dude, that sucks major.
Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is it possible to glue a piece of wood in the pocket and then re-cut it?
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 01:31 AM   #6
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
D'oh! Didn't measure them first?
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #7
dpm
Oni Guitars

dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hard things to measure because of the taper. I thought I'd checked the fit well enough, but obviously not. I should have tested on some MDF first. The gap is about 0.5mm (0.25mm either side), which is just way too much. They'll just have to cut new ones.
With this body, I think I'll use it for my quarter-tone 8, which I've been wanting to do for a while. I'll just make the neck slightly oversize to suit the body. I'm freakin' glad I used plain maple for this though
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 01:56 AM   #8
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Dan, how many guitars have you built under Oni?
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 05:02 AM   #9
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Shit, that's bad dude. At least you can still salvage it.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #10
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm
I'm freakin' glad I used plain maple for this though
Yeah, it could have REALLY sucked if that had been bookmatched flame maple, or something...

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #11
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ah, the growing pains of dealing with outside manufacturing. I used to build cabinets, so I feel your pain, man.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote