homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Whoopsie Daisy!

DelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How I intend to spend my satuday.

Its cold outside,
There's no kind of atmosphere,
I'm all alone,
More or less.
Let me fly,
Far away from here,
Fun, fun, fun,
In the sun, sun, sun.

I want to lie,
Shipwrecked and comotoase,
Drinking fresh,
Mango juice,
Goldfish shoals,
Nibbling at my toes,
Fun, fun, fun,
In the sun, sun, sun,
Fun, fun, fun,
In the sun, sun, sun.

But seriously, I'm just going to start playing Shenmue II from the beginning...I'm THAT bored. Its pissing down outside and there's nothing going on round here, theres also nothing of interest on TV.

I'll give an e-rep to whoever knows where the lyrics at the start of this post came from, its a TV theme - name the show.

More words here is more words.
DelfinoPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought you were going to watch Red Dwarf.
Dormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
Lacrimosa dies illa

lachrymose is a jewel in the rough
i wont cheat and use google

i spent saturday masturbating and am in the process of writing a power ballad about it in g harmonic minor, its smashing. Walking bassline and all.

rain is cool though, id go outside in it because its been so long since we've seen rain where i live.
lachrymose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
Whoopsie Daisy!

DelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himselfDelfinoPie is deemed true by Crom himself
Red Dwarf, applause to this man and an e-rep for being the first to know.

Good stuff. I would watch Red Dwarf, but unfortunately I don't own the DVD's .

More words here is more words.
DelfinoPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #5
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelfinoPie
Red Dwarf, applause to this man and an e-rep for being the first to know.

Good stuff. I would watch Red Dwarf, but unfortunately I don't own the DVD's .
I do hence my quick response.
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
Maiden England

2powern is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormant
I do hence my quick response.

E-rep if you get this, which Merseyside band appears in an episode of Red Dwarf?
2powern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #7

Nick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im going to work then coming home and getting shit-faced drunk.

When the world flips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall
Nick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #8
Wanker

Members of Napalm Death were in one episode as part of the band Smeg in the Heads but they are from Birmingham. I can't think of what band you are referring to?

EDIT: Actually that's wrong - it was members of Carcass who were Craig Charles mates. They were from Liverpool. I probably don't deserve e-rep as I had to go and check the DVD to make sure.
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #9
Maiden England

Quote:
Members of Napalm Death were in one episode as part of the band Smeg in the Heads but they are from Birmingham. I can't think of what band you are referring to?
If we're talking about the band that did the Om Song, that's Bill and Jeff from Carcass.
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #10
Wanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2powern
If we're talking about the band that did the Om Song, that's Bill and Jeff from Carcass.
Yep you are of course right. Jeff Walker and Bill Steer were Gaz and Dobbin. Interestingly enough the young Lister was played by Craig Charles younger brother Emile.
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #11
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Sing a choir concert, and them proceed to my friend's Luau for many mixed drinks called 'panty removers', and to see if they have had that effect on the earier party goers. Then crank up my biggest PA(8000 watts!), set up for dancing at this party!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

www.myspace.com/wfkoehleriii
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7bjr/index.html
Popsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #12
Maiden England

Quote:
Yep you are of course right. Jeff Walker and Bill Steer were Gaz and Dobbin. Interestingly enough the young Lister was played by Craig Charles younger brother Emile.

I knew that. I'm a bit of a Red Dwarf nerd, although I know FAR more about Blackadder.
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
Poland CEO / RHLC

Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.
saturday... woowww in Poland in 6,5 hours it will be sunday.. so probably i will ... post, post !!
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #14
Maiden England

Quote:
EDIT: Actually that's wrong - it was members of Carcass who were Craig Charles mates. They were from Liverpool. I probably don't deserve e-rep as I had to go and check the DVD to make sure.
Wirral, not Liverpool, people don't seem to make the distinction.
Unread 08-27-2006, 06:29 AM   #15
Wanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2powern
Wirral, not Liverpool, people don't seem to make the distinction.
Woops!

At least I was closer than the MTV music awards in the states when they described Craig David as being from Southampton the suburb of London (?!!!!).
Unread 08-28-2006, 02:58 AM   #16
Maiden England

Quote:
Woops!

At least I was closer than the MTV music awards in the states when they described Craig David as being from Southampton the suburb of London (?!!!!).

I'm still miffed when people say that Judas Priest and Black Sabbath are from London.
Unread 08-28-2006, 03:06 AM   #17

Donnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Damn it. Saw this thread to late.
Wasn't there a Red Dwarf movie coming out?
I'm probably the only person in the US that watches/watched this show.

I think I need a fried egg sandwich now.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 03:17 AM   #18
Maiden England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie
Damn it. Saw this thread to late.
Wasn't there a Red Dwarf movie coming out?
I'm probably the only person in the US that watches/watched this show.

I think I need a fried egg sandwich now.

It's been "coming out" for years now, I'm not even sure if they've got the go ahead.

Now I want an egg butty, and that involves buying bread and eggs, damn you sir, damn you.
Unread 08-28-2006, 03:36 AM   #19

Donnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himselfDonnie is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 24 reviews

My dad use to make those all the time and I hated them. Then a few years back, I was watching a Red Dwarf marathon on BBCA and an episode came on where Lister wanted a fried egg sandwich and for some reason, it just sounded really damn good. I've been hooked ever since.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 03:38 AM   #20
Maiden England

Bacon and fried egg in a sandwich is a brilliant invention, I'm still working on getting an entire fried breakfast in a bun, maybe I shouldn't put beans in......

Unread 08-28-2006, 04:16 AM   #21
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
^One thing that's interesting about Japanese hamburgers (such as fast food places like Lotteria, First Kitchen, and Mos Burger) is that they oftentimes put a cooked egg (and sometimes bacon too) on hamburgers/cheeseburgers. They're pretty good. The look of them just struck me as weird the first time I saw them.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 04:20 AM   #22
Maiden England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
^One thing that's interesting about Japanese hamburgers (such as fast food places like Lotteria, First Kitchen, and Mos Burger) is that they oftentimes put a cooked egg (and sometimes bacon too) on hamburgers/cheeseburgers. They're pretty good. The look of them just struck me as weird the first time I saw them.

They're quite common in some burger bars around here, usually called a "hawaiian burger" and sometimes with pineapple as well.
Unread 08-28-2006, 04:31 AM   #23
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
^Ones with eggs here are just called "blahblah egg blah burger" (for example "bacon egg cheese burger"). I know of only one hamburger place in Tokyo that has burgers with pineapple and other toppings in them and that'd be Kahuna Burger. There are a lot of Japanese burgers that have very distinctive Japanese flavors. Every fast food burger place has teriyaki chicken burgers. Wendy's has a tonkatsu (pork cutlet) curry burger. Mos Burger has rice burgers, shrimp cutlet burgers, and hot mustard chicken burgers. They also have these really expensive "Japanese-style burgers" (called Takumi). One has avocado, wasabi, and a burger with Japanese-style sauce. Their most expensive one has: an egg, Japanese "demigura" sauce, bacon, onion rice, and a takumi-flavored meat patty (as well as lettuce, tomato, mayonaise, etc.). McDonald's had several seafood burgers. Of course, they also have almost all the same stuff they have in the US.

I remember the British stuff they had at McDonald's in the UK. The McLamb sandwich, I think, was one of them.
Unread 08-28-2006, 04:41 AM   #24
Maiden England

Right now, McDonalds only seems to offer a cut down version of the American menu.

Those Japanese burgers sound really delicious,although too many toppings tend to spoil the burger IMO,it would also seem weird, to me, to go all the way to Japan, then eat burgers, then again I had Chinese food in India.
Unread 08-28-2006, 04:54 AM   #25
OldschoolGhettostyle

^I agree with you there. But I live here and eat traditional Japanese food just about every day, so I feel justified in eating hamburgers or pizza or other foods every now and then. And, even so, what you may consider Western food in Japan is actually Japanese food (just like spaghetti is American food).

Japanese pasta, of course, comes from Italy, but I had mentaiko pasta for dinner last night. That's salted cod roe spiced with red pepper mixed in pasta noodles with dried salted seaweed on top. Completely Japanese food. I also had a soy-sauced based spaghetti with seafood, seaweed, and a raw egg on top last week.

Or curried rice. Japanese curried rice is not Indian food, no matter how you look at it. Of course, curry originally came from India, but the way it is made and eaten in Japan is very different from the way it is in India. Besides, curry being one of the most popular foods in Japan, it is similar to how pizza is American food, even though it isn't originally from the US. Pizza is also Japanese food, by the way. And Japanese put toppings on their pizzas that most Westerners would find very strange (like mayonaise, corn, potatoes, various seafoods such as cod roe or crab, sausage, asparagus, eggplant, tartar sauce, Korean-style meat, green onions/leeks, etc.)

When my best friend comes to Japan, I'm just gonna give him real Japanese food ("traditional" Japanese food?) like okonomiyaki, takoyaki, tenpura, kaitenzushi sushi, tonkatsu, Japanese-style Korean food, tenpura, etc.