homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I just

Woke up, brewed coffee, fried up four thick-cut bacon strips and then fried two eggs over easy in the resulting grease.

I probably just took five years off my life, but as I sit up here savoring the last cup of coffee, I'm feeling pretty damned content.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #2

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Just about to eat some banana-bread oatmeal and pass out here.
Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #3
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I eat an extremely unhealthy amount of eggs, they're my favorite food. Usually I eat 5-6 at a time and though bacon grease is my preferred way to cook them I've been trying to stick to poached or boiled lately so that I don't have a heart attack before I'm 30.

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Woke up, brewed coffee, fried up four thick-cut bacon strips and then fried two eggs over easy in the resulting grease.

I probably just took five years off my life, but as I sit up here savoring the last cup of coffee, I'm feeling pretty damned content.
You're making me jealous again... Well, I filled myself up with sushi for dinner today for about $6, so I'm not complaining, but I'd love to be able to find some American bacon around here. All the bacon here is like some weird hybrid between ham and bacon. Definitely not bacon, but not quite ham either...
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #5

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
You're making me jealous again... Well, I filled myself up with sushi for dinner today for about $6, so I'm not complaining, but I'd love to be able to find some American bacon around here. All the bacon here is like some weird hybrid between ham and bacon. Definitely not bacon, but not quite ham either...
Canadian Bacon!!!! They're invading Japan!!

Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #6
Maiden England

2powern is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Call me odd if you will, but I'd much rather have sushi than eggs and bacon.

Then again, I eat haggis, black pudding and things like that.
2powern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #7
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
canadian bacon?

Bacon rules \m/

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
[action=LordOVchaoS]goes to kitchen to cook bacon and eggs.[/action]

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #9
Destroyer of Worlds

Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Ahh I did something probably equally as unhealthy.

I made some country style biscuits and fried up some sausage patties. Then I used the resulting grease to make some sausage gravy. Topped it all off with a glass of orange juice (probably the only healthy part about the meal) and some toast.
Buzz762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #10
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2powern
Call me odd if you will, but I'd much rather have sushi than eggs and bacon.

Then again, I eat haggis, black pudding and things like that.
I don't really compare them. Sushi is my favorite food in the wooooorld, where bacon and eggs are not that high on the list. Sushi is a lunch or dinner food, while bacon and eggs is a breakfast food. Not really to be compared. I like them both a lot, but in different ways.
Unread 08-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #11
Maiden England

Quote:
I don't really compare them. Sushi is my favorite food in the wooooorld, where bacon and eggs are not that high on the list. Sushi is a lunch or dinner food, while bacon and eggs is a breakfast food. Not really to be compared. I like them both a lot, but in different ways.

I'd eat sushi for breakfast if I could, just not really possible here. But you're correct, not really a breakfast food.
Just something odd about the idea of rice for breakfast.
Unread 08-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #12
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
bacon seems to go with just about anything. an ex-gf friend of mine loves bacon with oatmeal.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 03:56 PM   #13
Maiden England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
bacon seems to go with just about anything. an ex-gf friend of mine loves bacon with oatmeal.
Bacon and marmalade is a personal favourite.

I've just found out I had ostrich for breakfast.
Unread 08-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #14
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
To me, eating healthy doesn't taste as good as eating stuff that'll give you a heart attack, I like to eat alot of fatty foods especially when it comes to eggs and bacon.

Lately though, I have been watching what I eat, ever since I quit smoking 9 months ago, it is easy to just eat anything, especially snacks and stuff but only in the beginning stages of quitting smoking is where I ate alot of that junk, now it's mostly healthy stuff, alot of vegetables and fruit too.

Sounds like a good breakfast, Drew. You should cook us all a meal in Vegas 7-7-07
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 09:20 PM   #15
OldschoolGhettostyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2powern
I'd eat sushi for breakfast if I could, just not really possible here. But you're correct, not really a breakfast food.
Just something odd about the idea of rice for breakfast.
Well, maybe from a British/North American perspective, rice for breakfast might be strange, but traditionally rice is eaten at every breakfast in Japan (although some people nowadays eat something different. The bassist for my band eats nattou and rice every morning). In fact, some Japanese get an almost "sad" feeling if they don't have rice with their breakfast (they don't eat sushi for breakfast, but they do eat rice).

An example of the traditional Japanese breakfast would be a grilled fish, a bowl of white rice, a bowl of miso soup, and some grilled/broiled soy beans. So quite different from sushi. When I stayed in this tiny traditional town in Gifu, I had that for breakfast every day...
Unread 08-21-2006, 04:43 AM   #16
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice Drew, very nice. I like a good fry up now and again. Bacon, sausage, egg, hash brown and black pudding. Mmmm... Trouble is I reall fancy a bacon & sausage baguette now!
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #17
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Waddaya mean? My dad had that every day for breakfast and lived to .. a..49?

Sunday breakfast was Eggs Benedict, extra Hollandaise.

Anyway, Once a week won't kill you at all. the only thing missing was a large injection of artery clogging cheese some how.

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

www.myspace.com/wfkoehleriii
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7bjr/index.html
Popsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #18
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I made a mozzarella, tomato, and black olive pizza last night, and ate half the lump of mozzarella on Triscuts while I waited...

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #19
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Now that sounds tasty. Time for lunch!!

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #20
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
You should cook us all a meal in Vegas 7-7-07
+1
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #21
maybe this year

rummy is a glorious beacon of lightrummy is a glorious beacon of lightrummy is a glorious beacon of light
I cook bacon every saturday morning. I make 6 slices, though.
rummy is offline   Reply With Quote