homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Bounce The Tits

Cadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Here is a thread where you rant about your shitty teachers/professors

I ....ing hate my writing professor. She is a pretentious uptight hipster snob, she is a sexist, she assigns things without telling the class or putting it on the syllabus, she gave me an A- on the last paper instead of an A after telling me it had amazing arguments but that it was 1/2 a page too short and that my MLA could have been "better".
Cadavuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My 7th grade english teacher was a bitch. You ask a question and she'd threaten to throw you out. The only reason we put up with her is because she was a drunk and couldn't remember if she gave us Hw. She'd walk in wasted and slur " Did I give you kids homework"? "no" " oh okay... what did I teach you kids yesterday?" and I SWEAR I saw a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka in her desk.
GuitaristOfHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
I'm walkin' here!!!

scottro202 has much to be proud ofscottro202 has much to be proud ofscottro202 has much to be proud ofscottro202 has much to be proud ofscottro202 has much to be proud ofscottro202 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My Lit teacher is awful. We have to have the right opinion on our material we read with her

Charlie Sheen says listen to my outlaw country demo.
scottykrieg.bandcamp.com

"All of a sudden I'm making out with someone and I'm thinking "sweet, I'm awesome at picking up chicks, I wasn't even trying... wait, this is a lot hairier than it should be, right?" - Naw38
scottro202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
My teacher's have all just been lazy.

My first semester math teacher didn't realize I kept missing class and mainly just got lucky I knew the material since I also didn't do homework, so I got an A- after missing about 6 out of 15 weeks of class.

My WWII history teacher was a ....ing idiot and lost my mid-term despite the fact that I busted my ass to write AND record the tracks all while handing it in EARLY. Then I had to get another copy to him by the next class or I'd lose points for HIS .... up; so I run to my guitar teacher's house to get another copy and when I show up for class guess what? Oh he found the original! Cause I had all that time to spare you prick.

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
The Juggernaut

teqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
My English 102 professor last semester was a ....ing prick. On the 3rd meeting, he assigned an our first research essay that had to be 16 pages long. We had to pick a topic out of a book that he assigned, and I chose the Iroquois theater fire.

I had trouble finding enough info for 16 pages, so I asked him a week later for some guidance, or if I could change topics.

He responded by saying I should probably drop the class if writing is difficult. I took a withdrawal and lost my financial aid. I contested it with the head of the english department, and he's now out of a job. I don't feel bad one bit..

....er.

EBMM JPX7
Fractal Audio Axe FX
teqnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Antimatter is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My Literature teacher seems to feel the need to tell us all about how bad her life was in high school and how she had no friends and was a nerdy loser. Says the most inappropriate and unnecessary things like this, I have no idea why
And assignments are very... capricious, I guess you could say. At any point in time during work she gives us the objective could be completely changed or the assignment just completely scrapped, even if it's a large project that you've already put your own time and materials into. It's to the point where you could make an A in the class and not do your homework a single time, because she never checks it or asks for it to be turned in
Antimatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
My Algebra professor is an absolute moron when it comes to well...DOING HER ....ING JOB. Every single student in the class has an 80% or below because of her shitty methods. We took a placement test during college orientation, so we're obviously smart enough to be in a 5th level class out of 7 levels. She blows through material like Scarface with a plate of coke. One day we'll be working on factoring, the next we'll be working on something completely unrelated such as roots. And it doesn't help that English isn't her first language. She'll always write the wrong numbers for problems, then say things other than what she has written. I absolutely hate her class.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #8
Six String Bass Fish

Encephalon5 is a glorious beacon of lightEncephalon5 is a glorious beacon of lightEncephalon5 is a glorious beacon of light
Had a business teacher who was 43 years old. Now, that same year we had a german exchange student. He had taken 6 years of english classes in germany and had a better grasp of the english language than she did. The first month of class was spent writing down the stupid stuff she said. I put far more effort into hating her than passing the class.
Encephalon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #9
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibz_rg View Post
My Algebra professor is an absolute moron when it comes to well...DOING HER ....ING JOB. Every single student in the class has an 80% or below because of her shitty methods. We took a placement test during college orientation, so we're obviously smart enough to be in a 5th level class out of 7 levels. She blows through material like Scarface with a plate of coke. One day we'll be working on factoring, the next we'll be working on something completely unrelated such as roots. And it doesn't help that English isn't her first language. She'll always write the wrong numbers for problems, then say things other than what she has written. I absolutely hate her class.

Today we're gonna learn about factoring...

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #10
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recently a teacher was arrested for spanking a 12-year-old girl after commenting on how he liked the way she walked. He seems pretty cool.

WHAT IS SO SEXY ABOUT HOW A 12-YEAR-OLD WALKS?
josh pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #11
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
my sophmore year math teacher was a serious dick. wouldnt let me sleep in class or anything. i squeezed a vile of liquid L$D into his coffee
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #12
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
My music teacher this year, out final exam, which he had WEEKS to prepare.

He turns up 20 minutes late, says he hasn't photocopied the exam.

5-10 minutes later, turns up, hands us the exam and says start now. He didn't give us manuscript paper. After blankly staring at him for a few seconds, he realises this and heads off to get said manuscript paper.

10 minutes later he returns with the manuscript paper! We start the exam, and he tells us to skip about 10 questions due to time.

Aural section comes along and he has to play scales on the piano for us to interpret, he can't play the scales through properly, I actually knew one of them was going to be harmonic minor because he paused on the 7th, and I knew he was just trying to find the key for it.

Pretty much sums up the whole of this year's learning...

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:43 AM   #13
Jebus

Goatchrist is just really niceGoatchrist is just really nice
I my our math/physics teacher. She never explains something herself, she always let the student's go to the blackboard(actually it's a whiteboard >.<).She takes everything personal, gets really fast angry. -.-
I never was bad in math and physiks but in her class I lost all the motivation. She 's also very ugly. :S

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Goatchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I can deal with shitty profs, but if a profs COMPLETELY wrong more than 2 times a class, i get pretty pissed. My current prof is wrong all the time and it drives me nuts.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #15
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am getting a bit confused here, which of these are teachers and which are profs. A teacher is someone paid to teach, a professor is a industrialist/researcher who occasionally has to teach and does not have a teaching credential (because they are not a teacher). This general makes a very large difference in the performance/knowledge levels available. It also has a large potential influence on their attitutude towards teaching.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Thaeon is just really niceThaeon is just really nice
I'm always amazed at how inept, unfocused, and clueless teachers, instructors and professors are. If you can't speak the native language of the student body well enough to get the message across, whatever your credentials, you should be fired. If you don't know and or can't use the information the class covers you should be fired. If you are inflexible, lazy, or can't decide what you want your students to do... You should be fired.

One of my biggest gripes about college professors is their complete lack of social skills... And the anger their loneliness leaves them with that they direct at the students. Especially when they get on a power trip. If you hate your life so much, change it or die. You picked your path, don't blame us. There are a few people in my life that have shown me this sort of behavior. Bosses, teachers, friends, etc. They all quickly learned that you can't treat people like that and get any kind desirable result.
Thaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #17
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibz_rg View Post
One day we'll be working on factoring, the next we'll be working on something completely unrelated such as roots.

The fact that you can say a sentence like this shows far worse things for her abilities than any complaint you can make directly against her, and there's something very wrong with a student who can't connect factorization and roots even without spoonfeeding.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #18
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Damn. Also, I haven't read too much of this thread, but I've noticed that no matter how shitty the teacher there's usually always a way to deal with them and get through it. It's just usually not *your* way.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #19
Bounce The Tits

Cadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to allCadavuh is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
Damn. Also, I haven't read too much of this thread, but I've noticed that no matter how shitty the teacher there's usually always a way to deal with them and get through it. It's just usually not *your* way.
This is true for a lot of students that just don't like their teacher because he/she grades harsher/more tediously then any past teachers said students have had. But, I think, there is really an objective teacher code of conduct, such as fairness and integrity in grading, that some teachers will break, in which case someone has real justification for their bitching and moaning.
Cadavuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 02:43 AM   #20
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
My profs are all great this semester. My only real complaint is that one of them is married, and I'd really like to try to pick her up.
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 03:13 AM   #21
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Tim View Post
My profs are all great this semester. My only real complaint is that one of them is married, and I'd really like to try to pick her up.
ever heard of MILF?
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 03:38 AM   #22
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphy1976 View Post
ever heard of MILF?
She isn't an M, as far as I know. She's just a WILF (wife). I don't knowingly try to hook up with married chicks.

...when I'm sober.
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #23
ss.org frenulum

Varjo is just really niceVarjo is just really nice
I remember one certain teacher from school who was just shit as an teacher. I remember many, but this one propably was the best. Or at least most easy to depict

Anyway, I was at emergency nurse school and we were going through basic equipment, which included a suction device. Now, the teacher seemed to be like almost 70 or something, anyway well beyond her age of pension, and seemed to do teaching as a hobby for spare time on old age. She also constantly forgot things, required an "orderly manner" in class (meaning the kind of uptight 1930's private school type you see in movies today) and didn't use powerpoint but actual transparents on a overhead projector (? this is the word for this isn't it: http://papunet.net/tietoa/fileadmin/...irtoheitin.jpg). She used actually so old tech that once a bulb from the projector blew and we had to change the classroom because there weren't any spare bulbs, since everyone was using powerpoint...

So, back to the deal. Here we were in class and we were supposed to learn how to use a suction machine. This was the first classes we had with her and we thought that maybe she was kinda... rustique for her job but thought we'd giver her the shot everyone deserved. At least I thought so. Until:

"Okay class so here layeth the suctionné machina... Be kind to observé this apparatus of le obsolité epoque... Ye will ne'er find a hospital to use such an outdated machina, but alas, I don't know how to function the modern one so we shall study this apparatus"

I'm trying here to also describe the language she used to us. In finnish of course but just the way she spoke said "hi I haven't been in real work since the 1960's but that's ok". Try to learn something from her then that you actually can apply to modern medicine.

And that was just the beginning of our horrors with her...
Varjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 04:59 AM   #24
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
I used to hate most of my teachers...but i'm out of school for over ten years now, i still see them on the street occasionally, and if so - my girlfriend says i start to grin, in a very evil way. Maybe because back then some of them used to tell me that i will never reach anything in life blabla, and today i earn more money, have a bigger flat - where i live together with the woman i love, and have all in all a very good life. They propably still have suicide thoughts daily, hate their job, hate themselves, and are delaing with depression. All of them have this "my life sucks." look. they oucnt their days until retirement, and are single for over 30 years.

Sometimes there is justice.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 05:26 AM   #25
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
maybe you should go speak to them next time you see them and introduce yourself...then ask them what they are doing ..of course you will have to say "you are STILL a teacher"....
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote