homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Thaeon is just really niceThaeon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My dad had a stroke today...

He's alright. But that shit's just scary...

:/
Thaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
ss.org Regular

wemedge will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glad your dad's ok. All the best in his recovery. I know how you feel, went through the same thing with my dad.

wemedge
wemedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
...., thats terrible, one of my uncles is quite stroked out. Be careful in the future.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

I'm glad to hear he's alright, though. Make sure he stays on the meds and goes for check-ups and stuff. Unfortunately you can't predict those things but you can at least help prevent them.

Best of luck to him, dude.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Holy shit Id go nuts. Thank Petrucci he is OK.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Best of luck with the recovery, really hope everything goes well mate

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
I have a close friend whose mother died a couple of months back just out of the blue from a stroke. It hit close to home man. Good luck to your father.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
The Juggernaut

teqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
My grandmother suffered two in the past 4 years and it's been tough on my entire family. My condolences and prayers go out for you and your family man. I know it's rough, but stay strong!

EBMM JPX7
Fractal Audio Axe FX
teqnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #9
Army Without A Flag

All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.
We're here for you man. I'm glad he's okay though, since strokes are so dangerous.

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_¥our_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 04:01 AM   #10
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
Thank Vai he is OK.
Fixed.

In all seriousness: I'm glad to hear that he's doing fine, mate. My mom has had several strokes in the past few years, it's hard to deal with sometimes.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 04:17 AM   #11
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
sorry to hear this man. I am glad to hear that your dad is ok.

i hope there is something which can be changed in his way of life which would help him avoid having such problem again.

if you wan to let out feel free to PM me, ok?
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #12
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
I hope he gets well soon.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
SS.org Regular

He'll change his diet however he has to. He's pretty good about that kind of stuff. And he'll have my step mom and step sister on him about it all the time, and they're even better at it. He just needs a way to decompress about stuff. He's always really stressed out and doesn't sleep well. Obviously the lack of sleep adds to the stress and the cycle starts over. Anyway, thanks for the support. There's a reason I'm part of this community and not others.
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

So my dad is home now. He's doing well. His vision however will not return to normal and he's not allowed to drive anymore (Neurological reasons). It sucks, but he's still around I'm damn sure thankful for that. Thanks again to all of you.
Unread 11-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #15
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Glad he is kicking around at (mostly) full strength.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #16
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Best wishes for a good recovery, make sure he sticks to everything the doctor tells him.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #17
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
glad your dad is with you all, now onto a serious recovery. i am sure that his recovery will also benefit all of you.

time on this earth is not granted (sadly?) so all of you should make the best to enjoy every second

good luck to you all
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #18
Shrederick

Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
My best friend, who was like a grandfather to me, had his first stroke even before I was born - he outlived a second one and passed away some 20 years later, having continued to fully live his life.

These are horribly scary moments, yet I'm glad to know he's alright. Just don't let fear dictate his next steps - doctors can be true experts in that, and "fully healthy" is many times the opposite of "living one's life to the max".

Buy my album, will you? My store | CDBaby
FredBrum.com
Happily endorsed by Jaden Rose Guitars, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gruv Gear, Sik Pik Picks, PHD Picks and Spectraflex cables
Fred the Shred is offline   Reply With Quote