homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree303Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #251
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mother of God...

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #252
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow. Tamiyo is ridiculous. Oh the shenanigans.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #253
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
bump

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #254
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
I'm not a fan of new the new Planeswalker "Tibalt." Awesome art, not a great card though.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #255
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
I'm not a fan of new the new Planeswalker "Tibalt." Awesome art, not a great card though.
But he's stupid cheap, he doesn't force into a certain color, AND he has insurrection as his ultimate. I think it's cool.

Also, I got the Vense vs. Koth deck today. Very cool stuff in it, but I wish it had more standard alternate arts. I would have liked to see a Venser'd O ring.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #256
/)'3'(\

Also, just pulled a copperline gorge holo from a pack. $12 right there.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #257
Sexytime!

caskettheclown is just really nicecaskettheclown is just really nice
I sucked up and bought a deckbuilding toolkit!

First thing I did was make a blackwhite deck because for some reason I wanted a deck with angels. I then realized that I didn't much like the idea of the deck revolving around 2-3 cards sooo i'm most likely going to make a blackblue deck. The cards just seem to fit well together

Got a bunch of decent stuff in there to really keep me occupied!

EDIT- Holy shit i'm looking forward to Avacyn Restored! Tamiyo looks badass!

DOUBLE EDIT- Blue and Black deck made!
caskettheclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #258
/)'3'(\

Always remember how your cards work together. Also, unless you're playing standard now, try not to combine enemy colors (black white, red white, blue red, green blue, or and other combo), unless you really know what you're doing. Here's some more info on that.

Enemy color - MTG Salvation Wiki

My opinion on Avacyn is that it's broken as all hell, and it's going to get very fun and interesting soon. So many new combos and effects. I already know I'm putting the 2 cost plainswalker in my red green deck.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-15-2012, 03:03 AM   #259
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just pulled the trigger on a Venser vs. Koth deck and two booster packs. Plus I cannibalized some cards from a half complete goblin deck for my Koth deck. Added cards like Spitting Earth, Siege Gang Commander, Ib Halfheart, Clickslither and Skirk Fire Marshal along with some artifacts from those boosters. Since the Koth deck is all mountain, I won't have to worry too much about being mana screwed. I'll still add more mountain cards just in case. But dear lord is that deck primed for killing someone off in a hurry now.
Plus those goblins I added are set to add a bunch of 1/1 goblins to the field. I need a couple cards to boost them up greatly and my Koth deck will really mow people down then.
I dig the hell out of Koth's ability to turn your lands into 4/4 creatures while still being land too. Add Vulshoks Battlegear and morningstar and be raped by my own land.

Not sure how to interact with transgender people? Read this:
http://tranifesto.com/transgender-fa...-trans-people/
Check out my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jessica-macarthur

"I have an easier time taking BabyMetal seriously than the vast majority of death and black metal that gets posted here." -wat

"You can fuck anything....how do you think evolution happened?" - mcd
tacotiklah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #260
/)'3'(\

The duel deck is pretty cool. I just picked one up, too, mainly for the planeswalkers, but I figured the price is gonna skyrocket on them. Plus, those emblems are expensive, too.

I do wish it had some more standard stuff in it though.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #261
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
The problem I see with the recent Duel decks is that Wizards seems to design them more for casual players while simultaneously marketing them towards hardcore players. The Venser vs. Koth deck was an especially egregious example of this, as its central conflict is something only Vorthos players like myself (MTG lore hounds) care about, and alternate art cards are something competitive players go nuts for. Alas, the decks themselves were too underpowered to garner the interest of competitive players. Honestly, for me, it basically came down to the alternate art on Path to Exile. If it had been nicer, I probably would have picked up a copy. Unfortunately, once it was finally revealed, I hated it.

It's a problem that's gotten worse over time as well. The first 3 planeswalker duel decks were actually quite good (Jace vs. Chandra, Liliana vs. Garruk, Elspeth vs. Tezzeret), but then Knights vs. Dragons and Ajani vs. Bolas were markedly worse than the ones before them, and now Venser vs. Koth is even more de-powered.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #262
The Demon Barber

Slayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Venser VS Koth was pretty cool. My buddy picked it up and we played the decks a couple times. Maybe it was just draws, but each game I played with the Venser deck and it never really felt close at all. I won each game pretty handily.

On Avacyn Restored, so far I'm excited about this

Other than that, Miracle stuff looks cool, but I'm putting all my focus on Standard/Modern/Limited right now. So I doubt they'll have much of a serious impact on what I'm doing. Also, Phantasmal Image better see a reprint with all these legendary cards, haha.
ittoa666 likes this.

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it
But not for long ...

Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #263
/)'3'(\

I'm not sure what will happen to phantasmal image. I hope they do something similar, but it need to cost a few more, or at least 1 and 2 U.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #264
The Demon Barber

Slayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to behold
I hope not. They've finally made playable clones, so I'd just hate for them to go back to junk rares.

But not for long ...

Unread 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #265
Foolish Mortal

To be honest, I can't see them reprinting Phantasmal Image in M13. M12 included a cycle of Illusions such as Phantasmal Image, Phantasmal Bear and Phantasmal Dragon, along with a lord type card in Lord of the Unreal. I imagine they'll want to move on to something else with M13, as they've learned their lesson about reprinting powerful cards in core sets too many times *cough*titans*cough*.
ittoa666 likes this.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #266
The Demon Barber

Anyone here play Pauper? It and Momir are my go to formats on MODO (investing in Paper standard is expensive enough on its own, haha).

But not for long ...

Unread 04-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #267
Sexytime!

Won my first duel today! I'm really glad I made my blue/black deck!

I went in to a game shop where its mostly warhammer and magic the gathering and D&D. Its run by this really old and extremely nice guy who just gave me blue planeswalkers 30 Card starter Deck and my girlfriend the green one after I bought a booster pack. I found my friday night magic!

EDIT-Wow I feel like a noob feeling happy I won my first actual duel but oh well...

I lost the first two and won the third one before I had to go.
ittoa666 likes this.
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #268
Foolish Mortal

MOTHER ....ERS!

Translation:

Cavern of Souls - Land
As Cavern of Souls enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.

T: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast creature spells of the chosen creature type. If this mana is spent on a spell, that spell can't be countered by spells or abilities.
ittoa666 likes this.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #269
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
A friend tried to hook me up to Magic again, but it's hard to get excited about cards that are so less powerful than before, although I understand for the sake of gameplay turn two victories might not be best.
ShadowFactoryX likes this.
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #270
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalia View Post
A friend tried to hook me up to Magic again, but it's hard to get excited about cards that are so less powerful than before, although I understand for the sake of gameplay turn two victories might not be best.
The game is extremely balanced right now.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #271
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
The game is extremely balanced right now.
I don't know if I'd say that, but I will say it took a lot longer to settle into dominant archetypes this time around. Let's be fair though, currently in Standard, W/U Delver is the deck to beat. It's starting to become the new Cawblade. Thankfully, my G/W Humans deck has a fairly good matchup against it. On the flipside though, I have a bad matchup against U/B Control.

Thankfully, the format will be refreshing soon with Avacyn Restored, and oh mama, does this set ever have some nutty good cards!

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #272
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
I don't know if I'd say that, but I will say it took a lot longer to settle into dominant archetypes this time around. Let's be fair though, currently in Standard, W/U Delver is the deck to beat. It's starting to become the new Cawblade. Thankfully, my G/W Humans deck has a fairly good matchup against it. On the flipside though, I have a bad matchup against U/B Control.

Thankfully, the format will be refreshing soon with Avacyn Restored, and oh mama, does this set ever have some nutty good cards!
I meant "balanced" as in no turn 2 deaths. I have a buddy that plays a human champion of the parish deck and he has a turn 4 kill if he plays right. It's stupid fast.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #273
Sexytime!

Winning that quickly wouldn't be fun for me in any card game. Every now and then it would be neat but thats it.

I like the long drawn out ones that are neck and neck.
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #274
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
I meant "balanced" as in no turn 2 deaths. I have a buddy that plays a human champion of the parish deck and he has a turn 4 kill if he plays right. It's stupid fast.
I can also get T4 deaths in my Humans deck. Granted, with my terrible luck, I'm just happy not to be drawing tokens.

As far as balanced goes... when was the last time ANY turn 2 kill deck existed in Standard?

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #275
The Demon Barber

T1: Reveal Chancellor of the Forge getting a 1/1 haste, Swamp, Mutagenic Growth, growth, growth, growth, tainted strike. Turn 1 kill.

Oh, a legitimate Turn 2 kill? Not for a long time, haha.

Yeah, Delver is probably the "best" deck right now, but no where near Caw Blade. Look at tournament results. There's usually at least 3 or 4 different archetypes in most Top 8s. Back in CawBlade dominance there was usually 8 decks with roughly 72 of the same cards at least. Here's to hoping Avacyn Restored has something to introduce something new to the field.

But not for long ...