homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree7612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #1501
ss.org Regular

MickD7 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy7-665 View Post
Congrats man. Also I love the ability to look scary by doing more than stop smiling lol I've used it to defend people I've never even met lol

PS Kudos on not killing the guy givin your mom a hard time. If it was my mom that place would have looked like Frank Castle had visited on a bad day.

Had I not been so hung over I most likely would have gone Frank Castle on his ass. Yeah its a nice bonus that comes along with the stupidity of other people listening to the media's spin on an music style over here.

Randy... All the best man. bitches be crazy.

"the minute you truly acknowledge yourself you cut the distance between you and another person by half."
Steph Carpenter
MickD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #1502
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
Any and all relationship problems can be solved by listening to this song once.

-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #1503
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Another night that ends up with a 0x0...

.... my life man. I'm sick of this shit... seriously.

And I'm only commenting here because i'm drunk as fook... :/

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:14 AM   #1504
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
If the above song wasn't enough, then these may be for you...

-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #1505
hurr im a durr

metulkult is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The lamest shit ever, is when you spend your whole night at a party mackin' on a girl, then you later find out she has a boyfriend of a year. Ultimate cock block

derp.
metulkult is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #1506
Banned

GATA4 is just really niceGATA4 is just really nice
damn son.....that does suck.

anyone here ever gotten a fear boner before?
GATA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #1507
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
....in' hell. If I could go to that place where my body produces love for women I 'sorta kind nearly' was with. I would blow it up in epic proportions. I hate this shit, although it's fun now.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #1508
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
If the above song wasn't enough, then these may be for you...

YEAHHH!!!!!!

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #1509
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metulkult View Post
The lamest shit ever, is when you spend your whole night at a party mackin' on a girl, then you later find out she has a boyfriend of a year. Ultimate cock block
Happened to me at Halloween. Drunk chick was on me, and I was getting more drunk by the minute so I was being flirty (I normally am anyways since it's just how I am) and in a cock-blocky sort of way, my friends were like "She's got a boyfriend who's coming here later" so I was still flirty just making sure she didn't go too far (not to mention at the same time, I was starting to enter a relationship without it being official).

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #1510
SS.org Regular

Justin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to all
Getting pretty lonely. Been about 6-7 months since the break up with my ex, still can't seem to get over it, and no girl I talk to seems to really excite me in any way enough to really make me want to be in a relationship with them. Pretty sick of this shit.
Justin Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #1511
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
WALL OF TEXT TIME

So, as I said like ...two posts prior, this happened to me at a Halloween party I went to :

Drunk chick was on me, and I was getting more drunk by the minute so I was being flirty (I normally am anyways since it's just how I am) and in a cock-blocky sort of way, my friends were like "She's got a boyfriend who's coming here later" so I was still flirty just making sure she didn't go too far (not to mention at the same time, I was starting to enter a relationship without it being official).

Fast-forward to yesterday.

I get a random FB friend request from, lo and behold, said girl; and said girl leaves me a comment saying, "You should come up to _______ and visit me <3" to which my first response is "Oh god, what the dicks I don't even..." So I turn to my friend who goes to the same school and is good friends with her room-mate. First thing I ask was "Did _______ (person) from _______ (place) break up with her boyfriend" and I get the answer I expected - yes.

4 months later, and I get a random FB request AND comment that pretty much is a booty call. Not what I was expecting.

Conversation with friend keeps going and she literally told me the greatest advice ever, which was "You should TOTALLY hook up with her, but I don't know about going out with her. Maybe just leave it at hook up..." etc... This coming from a GIRL mind you, bitches NEVER suggest that.

Apparently she cheated on her ex a few times or something with me nearly being one of them had he not planned on coming to the same party we were at, nor did I want my first visit to that college getting me the reputation as "that guy."

EDIT - Not as wall of text-ish as I presumed, but oh well

(´・ω・`)

Unread 02-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #1512
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Happy 'highlighting the fact you're miserable and alone but everyone else isn't day people.

vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #1513
SS.org Regular

Mr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of lightMr Violence is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Happy 'highlighting the fact you're miserable and alone but everyone else isn't day people.

Some people are miserable and not alone, sir.

"I'll stuff your body inside of my snare drum and do a blast beat at 600 BPM for 3 and a half hours."
Mr Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #1514
SS.org Regular

WickedSymphony is just really niceWickedSymphony is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Violence View Post
Some people are miserable and not alone, sir.
Misery loves company.

I'd still rather have someone to share it with.
WickedSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #1515
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
So Friday, I met a girl that actually got me going right off the bat for the first time in a while (there's only one other girl I'd been interested in since I broke up with my ex almost a year ago). Anyway, I ended up asking her if she'd be interested in grabbing a cup of coffee or something some time, thinking it would be best to keep the date short, since we don't know each other too well yet, and her response was "sure, or maybe we could go out to watch a hockey game or something?". My jaw hit the floor. I didn't even know girls like that existed. On top of being ridiculously gorgeous, she's down with going to watch sports for a first date I don't want to get too stoked about this preemptively, but I'm feeling like all kinds of win.

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #1516
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFromMtl View Post
So Friday, I met a girl that actually got me going right off the bat for the first time in a while (there's only one other girl I'd been interested in since I broke up with my ex almost a year ago). Anyway, I ended up asking her if she'd be interested in grabbing a cup of coffee or something some time, thinking it would be best to keep the date short, since we don't know each other too well yet, and her response was "sure, or maybe we could go out to watch a hockey game or something?". My jaw hit the floor. I didn't even know girls like that existed. On top of being ridiculously gorgeous, she's down with going to watch sports for a first date I don't want to get too stoked about this preemptively, but I'm feeling like all kinds of win.
good on you mate, hope it all goes well!

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #1517
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffFromMtl View Post
YOU GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, SIR! play it cool man, real cool . good luck playa!

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

Most women just pretend that Men are the crazy ones. trust me. But when the new Dark Age arrives and they need food and shelter they will be lining up to lay down and please for a handful of blackberries and a deer skin hat. Good luck with you both and remember "it's 187 on an undercover cop" - Some Guy on Facebook
glassmoon0fo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #1518
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Thanks guys, I got this

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #1519
SS.org Regular

UnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of lightUnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of lightUnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of light
I sent my ex an anonymous e-card yesterday. Apparently, she keeps wondering who sent it, but loved it She went on a "you're my ex, so you're an asshole and my personal scapegoat" spree in late november/early december and we haven't spoken since... Thought this'd cheer her up a bit. I ain't telling her it was me, though I wonder if it'd bust her chops if it did. Does that make me an ass?

That said... I've been in touch with a girl I met at university last year and did a few days of internship with in june. She's in the UK until late may but we bumped into eachother two months ago and she seems to be pretty cool. She also invited me to come over for a weekend in the UK and "hinted" I should've sent her a card or some flowers last night. Wonder how this'll work out.

SPEEDGURU - fuzz/doom/death
http://www.facebook.com/speedgurudoom
UnderTheSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #1520
SS.org Regular

soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.
so i may be breaking up with my girlfriend of almost 3 years (march 3rd being 3 years).

why?

i still love her.
she is my closest friend. even my 'best' friend.
i get along with her perfect.
her mom seems to really like me.
she gets along with my family and friends perfectly.
she has the same weird, corky sense of humor as i do.
we are perfect for each other....

so then, why on earth am i thinking of breaking up with her?

*sigh*

her mom gave her an ultimatum of getting married by the age 23, so that gives me two more years. i have no problem with that, nor am i getting cold feet or anything...

my problem is that i need to graduate from university, then go to college, graduate from there, get a career related job, have enough savings etc etc etc in order to get married.

and i dont have time for that. i 'may' have time for that, but i'm not sure.
and if i'm not sure, i dont think it would be fair to her that days/weeks/months before she is to get married, i bail on her saying 'sorry, i cant do it' only for her to get married to someone else (we are brown, arrange marriages, random proposals come to us like the wind...its ....ed!), all the while she wont be over me. its not fair to her. its not fair to her husband. and its not fair to me either.

this insane pressure that she has put me under, i'm willing to tough it out. why? truth be told, i can afford to lose my girlfriend in her. i can afford to lose my would-be-wife in her as well....however, i cant afford to lose my best friend in her.

i dont make friends too easily, and when i do, i try my hardest to hold onto them. and if we sever our relationship, its usually from their end as they want it, and i walk away respecting their decision....but here, it will be my decision as i'll be looking out for her future. even if it means killing my self(not literally, but emotionally) to sever her from my life...

and thats not the only thing. if i do cut it off, i would also be saying good bye to a few other friends that we share, just to make it easier on her to get over me.

not in a happy place right now....

"Welcome tooo this placeee, I show you everyyyythannnggggggg

Like here is our beverage bar, we have everything from everclear to hard whiskey to make the pain go away, over there is the friend zone, and in this corner we have computers for massive amounts of porn to counteract the lack of vagina that you will be experiencing! Enjoy your stay! And remember! Once you leave the singles club, don't forget your friends!
Unlike" -DoomJazz
soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #1521
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
.... arranged marriages.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #1522
MFB
ExBendable

Hate to say it bro, but if you break up with her I get the feeling you'll not only lose her as your girlfriend but also as your best friend too; despite the fact that that is what you DON'T want. The reason? They're currently the same person. So the emotional wreck of a girlfriend is gonna be the one taking over, and probably (most definitely even) won't look at things from the same stand point as you. The "best friend" will still be there, but for a while, she's gonna be looked up in the closet while the "recently dumped" part takes over and wreaks havoc.

(´・ω・`)

Unread 02-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #1523
Уродливый, но честны

How did her mother give her an ultimatum? What's the catch? She gets married by 23 or... what?

Either way, I know plenty of people who come from very strict ethnic cultural backgrounds and for the most part, while respecting their families and cultures have decided to do things their own way instead. Is there no way for the two of you and her parents to meet somewhere in the middle?

Also, I know a number of people who got married before they had any career path outlined for themselves, and I know others who started their careers first, then got married, and some who married their careers . I truly believe that if two people feel strongly enough for one another, regardless of external circumstances, can find a way to make it work. Things don't always have to be done in the way of any social or cultural norms.

That's my , but of course, I don't have any sort of cultural pressure on me, and come from a very liberal family and can't even see myself being married by the time I'm 30, so I'm not sure how valid my point of view may be in your situation.

seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
Unread 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #1524
SS.org Regular

soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.soliloquy is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
Hate to say it bro, but if you break up with her I get the feeling you'll not only lose her as your girlfriend but also as your best friend too; despite the fact that that is what you DON'T want. The reason? They're currently the same person. So the emotional wreck of a girlfriend is gonna be the one taking over, and probably (most definitely even) won't look at things from the same stand point as you. The "best friend" will still be there, but for a while, she's gonna be looked up in the closet while the "recently dumped" part takes over and wreaks havoc.
i know, and i'm well aware of that....

but thats whats hoping for as well. i mean, the only way she would get over me is if i walk out of her life.

i mean, my sister went/is going through something similar. she dated the guy for 5 years, they loved each other. however, he backed off, and they are still friends. really really close friends. however, its been over 3 years, shes still not over him, and i'm not sure how he feels about her...but since they are such close friends, its harder on my sister to get over him as she seems him at least once a week.

if i do that with my girl, then she wont be over me, get married to someone else, but wont be emotionally connected to him. its not the guys fault, so why am i punishing him? and like wise, why am i punishing her by staying in her life? kinda like the 'you can look, but not touch' kinda thing.

"Welcome tooo this placeee, I show you everyyyythannnggggggg

Like here is our beverage bar, we have everything from everclear to hard whiskey to make the pain go away, over there is the friend zone, and in this corner we have computers for massive amounts of porn to counteract the lack of vagina that you will be experiencing! Enjoy your stay! And remember! Once you leave the singles club, don't forget your friends!
Unlike" -DoomJazz
soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #1525
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post

FWIW, I had a "marry or break-up" kinda thing going on with my and my really long term girlfriend, made a million and one excuses not to do it and we broke up. It was a couple years later I realized that I could've married her penniless, homeless, and overburdened with work/school but at least we would've had eachother. All the shit I threw in the way was pretty much meaningless and I lost probably the greatest girl I could've ever found because I let myself get hung up on stuff that didn't matter.

Food for thought.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote