homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree8535Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #4026
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Exactly, and that in turn, is why i stress more. I dont want her to see it, i play it off pretty good that nothings bothering me.
Faine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #4027
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

You missed the point: STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT. Just live and enjoy things the way they are, no point in worrying about something that hasn't been shown to be an issue yet (especially with the way you described things).
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #4028
ss.org Regular

ATOMICxTomato has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So i knew i would one day post in this thread but didnt know when. Well anyways i have a question for you guys. So theres this girl that goes to my school who i find very attractive but the thing is that i kinda had a chance to get with her last year but pussied out, i was a junior then and she was a freshmen, but still. I had her for a class last year but we never talked just kinda exchanged looks. She tried talking to me several times but i was too much of a pussie then to even talk to her, or any girl really. So this year i am now a senior and graduate in like 3 weeks or so. Ive seen her around halls and what not but if she sees me then she tries to avoid making eye contact even though i keep at looking at her. So my friend just keeps telling me to talk to her somehow, and if given the chance i think i would but not sure. But i just kinda want to forget about the whole thing cause this isnt really the fisrt time ive ....ed up like this. He says that im probably afriad to get rejected, which now if i think about it its true. But i also think that it would be kinda creepy if i did try. So tomorrow is prom, which i am goin to, and theres also gonna be this pretty big afterparty. And i have a feeling she will probably be there since the guy hosting the party is telling everyone not only seniors. Basically my question is if i do see her there should i try to talk to her or just forget about it since im already gonna graduate?
ATOMICxTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #4029
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Crap, date is off for tonight, rescheduled for tomorrow. Wahs.
Bekanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #4030
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
*quote was here*
Hmmm.

*other quotes were here*
You'd better hope she doesn't find this thread, the way you're talking about her, and the stuff you're telling us or it'll be postponed to the quite-so-distant never.

[/me_being_sick_of_the_love_and_relationship_thread_ being_the_"Sex"_and_the_nasty_mother_....ers_who_a in't_having_it_(_and_seem_hellbent_on_stupidly_yam mering_on_about_it_)_which_isn't_surprising_consid ering_the_way_they_seem_to_handle_themselves]

Unread 05-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #4031
Bass Player in Exile

HaMMerHeD is just really niceHaMMerHeD is just really nice
So here's a bit of an update on the woman I talked about a few pages ago (here).

It's been about 2 months since the first time I went out with her, and things are going very well. I took her to a nice restaurant a few days before my birthday, where we had our first kiss. She took me out for drinks on my birthday, after which we made out quite aggressively. We have since spent a lot of time together. She helps me with my anxiety and depression, and I help her with her problems as well.

She is a wonderful person, inside and out. And she says she loves me, which is a bit surreal. I have no reason to doubt her words, but on some level it's hard to believe that a person such as her could care about a person such as me. It's a good feeling, and I love her too. After the time we have spent together, it has become plainly apparent that she is the incarnation of everything I have looked for in a woman. On top of that, she says that I am everything she looks for in a man. So that's good.

I have taken to writing her letters almost every day. I bought some cotton paper and a pen with archival ink. As often as I can, I sit down and tell her what I'm thinking and how I'm feeling. She has saved everything I have given her.

I'm not sure what is going to happen tomorrow, but today I'm happy.

Only problem is, she is way too beautiful for me (so I say, so she disagrees). I've got to fix my diet and join a gym and get in shape, so that when we're out in public, she can be as proud to be with me as I am with her. (She says she already is, but I'm going to do it anyway.)
HaMMerHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #4032
Ibanez <3

guitarister7321 is just really niceguitarister7321 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGroove View Post
a simple "hey what's up this is ______" will suffice...that is if she knows your name

and as far as texting is concerned, I like to wait like 10-20x as long as she does between texts...if she replies in 30 seconds, I'll wait a solid ten. If she takes 2 minutes, bitch please you get a half hour

I did this, and it seemed to have worked! We were texting each other all day yesterday and today. We're going to the movies tonight too!
BabUShka and flint757 like this.
guitarister7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #4033
SS.org Regular

BabUShka is a jewel in the rough
Movies are nice! Start out with movies then dinner, so you'll get to know her better. Nothings better than a long night with good dialogs, that way you'll show her that you have something in common by having something to talk about Doesnt have to be a restaurant, bring her to your place and make some tacos together. That whay there's like 90% chance you'll get desert :p Or just a nice day and a second chance
Anyways, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaMMerHeD View Post
She is a wonderful person, inside and out. And she says she loves me, which is a bit surreal. I have no reason to doubt her words, but on some level it's hard to believe that a person such as her could care about a person such as me.
Screw that! Just be happy for what she gives you, and take it as a compliment. 1. Maybe your much more handsome than you think you are. 2. She likes you just the way you are. What more can a man want. I'm sure ugly ass hell myself, but my woman makes me happy and confident, that's the only thing that matters.
Just enjoy it as long as you can, show her that she makes you confident, and not the other way..
BabUShka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #4034
Bass Player in Exile

HaMMerHeD is just really niceHaMMerHeD is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabUShka View Post
Screw that! Just be happy for what she gives you, and take it as a compliment. 1. Maybe your much more handsome than you think you are. 2. She likes you just the way you are. What more can a man want. I'm sure ugly ass hell myself, but my woman makes me happy and confident, that's the only thing that matters.
Just enjoy it as long as you can, show her that she makes you confident, and not the other way..
Oh, I am happy with what she gives me, and I make sure she knows it. She does give me a lot of confidence, and likewise, I make sure she knows it. But at the same time, a little self-motivated self-improvement is never a bad thing. She thinks I'm great just how I am, but I want to be better for her.
BabUShka and Greatoliver like this.
HaMMerHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #4035
SS.org Regular

BabUShka is a jewel in the rough
Good to hear man! As you're saying - there's always room for improvement. Thats something to remember..
BabUShka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #4036
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Mugfug could you remove those quotes from your post?

Thanks.
Bekanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #4037
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Man. I was doing so well at not caring about being single, then like a jackass I had to up and move to a country where I'm SURROUNDED by hotties everywhere I go. I'm back to fixating on it more than I should, and two failed attempts at getting something started so far sure didn't help. My knee needs to hurry up and heal enough to allow me to at least go out on weekends to try and meet new people.

I'm too old for this nonsense.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #4038
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Don't worry Tim, I'm in kind of the same situation except it's the part of San Francisco that borders Japan AND Chinatown vs. Korea So. many. asians.

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:04 AM   #4039
themuthaphukkindeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekanor View Post
Mugfug could you remove those quotes from your post?

Thanks.

I will however, acknowledge that this is hilarious to me.
Fiction likes this.
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #4040
Playing guitar.

Faine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to beholdFaine is a splendid one to behold
So I hung out with my girlfriend today, things were perfect and we had a fire/cookout in the backyard with my family. I just dropped her off and she didn't want to go home but we have to be up early for my friends baptism for his daughter!

I guess Im just paranoid and just think too much. But things are great and I have nothing to worry about
highlordmugfug likes this.
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #4041
themuthaphukkindeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
So I hung out with my girlfriend today, things were perfect and we had a fire/cookout in the backyard with my family. I just dropped her off and she didn't want to go home but we have to be up early for my friends baptism for his daughter!

I guess Im just paranoid and just think too much. But things are great and I have nothing to worry about
That's the spirit man!

Unread 05-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #4042
Playing guitar.

Haha thank you.
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #4043
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
The plot thickens:

"Hi~^^sorry i just checked your text.
My phon sth wrong.
I am working night duty
So how about school?
Is Everthing good?^^
Take care of you!
See you later....someday ~
Let's keep in touch...."
Swyse and Fiction like this.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #4044
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
YEAH BOOOOIIIIIII! WOOP WOOP! GO GET 'ER TIGER!!
L WAHHHOOOOOO YA BLOOODDYYY RIPPPEEEERRRRR!!!! ROOOARR!!!

Glad to hear its back on, about time something good happens to your wonderful bearded soul.

[Fiction] 1:47 pm: she could probably toss a salad with that thing
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #4045
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Good show.
It's a shame her phon sth wrong, though.
highlordmugfug and Alberto7 like this.

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #4046
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 4 months now, and she's awesome. The first girl I've been with that hasn't had strings attached or been batshit insane. She's funny, cute and more understanding than anyone I've been with. Really happy with her, which I haven't felt in some time.
Alberto7 and BucketheadRules like this.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #4047
Gotta link for that?

That_One_Person will become famous soon enough
Unhappy

Guys I need to vent hard. This is real serious stuff

So I was "seeing" this girl for around 5 months. Things started off more physical than emotional, which kinda sucked but whatever. Fast forward to yesterday. I was upset because she basically ignored me all of friday and she just up and left. Turns out she spent all day until 6 am today plastered with her friends and ended up making out with some other guy. She says that he only wants her as a practice girlfriend for college. I on the other hand, saw what was good in her and actually had feelings for her. She even told me that she loved me two weeks ago. I am just in the absolute worst spot right now. I need your help ss.org. Please refrain from rock, etc. comments though.
That_One_Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #4048
Playing guitar.

Idk man, if you tell her how you feel and see her as a potential girlfriend and she continues to get plastered and make out/ and is a practice sex toy... I'd definitely say peace that shit. She sounds like she has no self respect, why would she respect you?
highlordmugfug likes this.
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #4049
Is a Fat Bird

Ocara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of lightOcara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of lightOcara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of light
Oh dang man... That's rough. And although I can't offer any advice to you myself, the rest of us are here for you.

UPDATE OTHERWISE: Everything is going great on my end, we're hanging out on Wednesday .

I happen to provide affordable online session drumming, drum programming, mixing, and mastering! Hit me up via PM if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/midst-of-time-instrumental
Ocara-Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #4050
Gotta link for that?

That_One_Person will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faine View Post
Idk man, if you tell her how you feel and see her as a potential girlfriend and she continues to get plastered and make out/ and is a practice sex toy... I'd definitely say peace that shit. She sounds like she has no self respect, why would she respect you?
Yeah man. It only happened once but I am hurt beyond hurt. I cannot believe such a thing happened to me.
That_One_Person is offline   Reply With Quote